• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which existing Xbox One game do you MOST want to see receive a Scorpio patch?

Halo 5 - bump the campaign up to solid 1080p with 60fps animations. More importantly, add in splitscreeen 2-player campaign co-op and Warzone, and 4-player Arena splitscreen.

statham

Witcher 3 will see a decent improvement since its variable reso. It should be 1080p all the time with framerate close to 30 without any patches. instead of 900p. they switched it right before launch from 900p, to variable.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Halo CE.

Halo 5.

Batman Arkham Knight.

Elite Dangerous.

Everspace.

Astroneer.

Resident Evil VII

Halo 5 should get a nice update (hopefully). The Coalition said that Gears 4 should already support Scorpio since they already authored 4K assets for PC (before the game launched).

They also really need to be able to boost the resolution of backward compatible Xbox 360 titles (should be already possible on base Xbox One). One I thing I wish they would have included when they announced backward compatibility.

Unity2012

Halo 5, MCC, Halo Wars DE and HW2
Sunset
Skyrim DE
Mass Effect Andromeda and Ghost Recon.

I'd love to see better performance, 4K textures and any improvement they can deliver.
*One thing I really would like to see is the ability to get higher texture packs for BC games; that would be amazing.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Forza Horizon 3.

Would make the game look even better than what it already is.

-hadouken

Never going to happen, tho Battlefield 4. X1 version is a blurry 720P. It's the best contemporary warfare game ever made in my view - would be great to see at higher resolutions running a stable 60FPS on a console.

Final Fantasy XV. Even if that is identical to the PS4 pro version I would be happy. Halo 5 with split screen would also be amazing. I need those guest account cannon fodder in BTB.

Halo 5 - make it 1080p/60fps (including the stupid 30fps animations from a distance) and patch in split-screen multiplayer.

Halo MCC - if Microsoft can fix this damn game, boost every title to 4K/60fps, and re-release it alongside Scorpio, it would be glorious.

Right now? Quantum Break, easy!

After that Halo 5, without a doubt.

I'm all for that 60fps animation improvement on Halo 5 also.

ZeroWil

Final Fantasy XV. Beat the main story and will be more than happy to jump back in later in the year when more of the DLC is released. Still have a lot of side quests to do but the game is on hold while I'm playing other titles.

Halo 5. Though currently out of my multiplayer rotation any bump up in visual fidelity would easily pull me back in. Imo it looks great already but the extra boost would definitely push it further.

Forza Horizon 3/Motorsport 7. While I don't have Horizon 3 at the moment I'm certain I'd pick up a Forza title for Scorpio should I get it. Gonna upgrade my PC soon as well so either game will be perfect for Play Anywhere. I'd have no problem playing it on PC but Forza deserves a big screen and couch to lay back on.

Honorable mention: Gears of War 4. While I play this only on PC for the almost locked 60 fps in horde, Scorpio might give me a good reason to reinstall and have lots of friends over for co-op across both platforms.

Honestly, Microsoft has some games that are downright perfect for taking advantage of Scorpio. Games that, if enhanced for Scorpio, would to me be game changing from an overall gaming experience.

Enhance visuals and resolution and make both Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive 60fps. That would be fucking insane right there.

kubev

Sunset Overdrive. Such a great-looking game. I'd love to see it looking even better. Patch out the ability progression restrictions while you're at it, Insomniac.

Do Microsoft's Play Anywhere games have higher resolution textures on the PC, or are the assets exactly the same? I ask because something like Killer Instinct is only 900p, and it would be great to see it run at higher resolutions on Xbox, but the textures look kinda rough up close already.

Top Bottom