• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Fire Emblem lord is your favorite?

Arclaid

Not really familiar with the FE2/4/5 lords, but it's probably a tie between Hector and Ephraim for me. Ephraim basically tanked everything.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sigurd comes with good stats, great growths, a great weapon and a horse from the very first chapter of the game. Best Lord of the series bar none.

In terms of appeal I've always been fond of Sigurd since way back in the day during that Japanese Brawl poll he was heavily demanded.
Agreed. Sigurd is my favorite by far. His personality is simultaneously strong and gentle, kind of like a happy medium between frailer lords like Marth and the very direct Ike. His character design is particularly striking (very nice use of whites and blues) and his position as one of the only older lords in the series really makes him stand out.

charlemagne55

Neo Member
i typically dont like the lords in FE. They are almost always morally perfect, and seem robotic and unbelievable. Real medieval lords were almost always douches. That being said, Hector and Radiant Dawn Ike are my favorites. I am not a big fan off PoR Ike

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
FUCK at that massive Lucina spoiler.

Haven't reached that revelation in awakening yet. :(

Ashkeloth

From the character's whom I have played enough of to have an opinion of them:

Lyn > Ike > Lucina > Chrom > Roy > Hector > Marth > Micaiah

My opinion of Roy is honestly entirely based on Smash, though, and only my distaste for huge axes puts him above Hector

Fandangox

Hector and Ike. I liked how Hector worked as a foil to Lyndis and Eliwood, his supports with Matthew and the rest of the cast were really good too.

Ike was a fun character to see, cause it was interesting to see how a non-noble Lord had to deal with the nuances of politics (even if it wasn't that emphasized) after being given the title of Lord.

I kind of liked how Blunt or direct he was with some of the new recruit in their first base conversations, like with Makalov haha.

Actually, the entire cast of Path of Radiance was amazing never forget.

Jezan

Lyn is my favorite. Love her design, love the way her normal attack goes with the start of the battle theme, she has my favorite criticals, and I like her as a character. I was crushed when she was revealed to be an assist trophy in Brawl.

And neither here nor there, but apparently she was going to be able to use the Durandal at one point in development.
I remember I was studying for a test that night, waiting for the Dojo update, I saw Lyn and though she was playable and was really excited, until I realized her model was lower poly than other characters, I scrolled back up just to see the yellow icon indicating "Item". Closed the book and went to sleep.

Lyn!
Nintendo can we get a Soul Calibur but Fire Emblem characters only? Please?

Azure J

Marth/Lyn > Ike > Hector > Sigurd > the rest.

#FuckChrom
#FuckLucina

If we're allowed to add Robin, (s)he'd go right next to Ike.

Kain

I didn't know anyone wondered this. It's Hector, of course, and what an injustice to the world that he isn't in any Smash Bros, he would be the absolute best, as he is in the game he stars in.

Tied in awesomeness I would put Radiant Dawn's Ike and Ephraim, they are just too godly.

PS: Hector + Florina pls

Gartooth

Ike was easily my favorite lord in the series. Love the character, and he was a beast in game. Runner ups are the Awakening lords. Would love to play Fire Emblem 6 eventually since it seems like Lyn and Hector get a lot of love.

Banned
Ike. That guy was a meat tank destroyer. Did could send him in solo on a map surrounded my enemies and he'd kill them all in a few turns.

Lyn is my favorite. Love her design, love the way her normal attack goes with the start of the battle theme, she has my favorite criticals, and I like her as a character. I was crushed when she was revealed to be an assist trophy in Brawl.

And neither here nor there, but apparently she was going to be able to use the Durandal at one point in development.

Oh man, Arch and Nintenlord. Crazy times.
I remember Nintenlord trying to teach me actual coding. I ended up with a calculator that said 1+1 is 11, then later 10, and some other insanity.

Ike is definitely my favorite Lord. I think PoR is my favorite game. It's a tough choice between Lyn and Lucina for my other favorite Lord character.

However, people shouldn't forget that if you play Eirika's route in Sacred Stones, Ephraim
conquers the entire enemy nation with only two other units, one of which joins after he takes the enemy capital.

Ezalc

Sigurd comes with good stats, great growths, a great weapon and a horse from the very first chapter of the game. Best Lord of the series bar none.

In terms of appeal I've always been fond of Sigurd since way back in the day during that Japanese Brawl poll he was heavily demanded. Chrom is constantly outshined by Robin even though he's not a lord also.

Agreed. Sigurd is my favorite by far. His personality is simultaneously strong and gentle, kind of like a happy medium between frailer lords like Marth and the very direct Ike. His character design is particularly striking (very nice use of whites and blues) and his position as one of the only older lords in the series really makes him stand out.

These guys get it. Played FE4 years ago and it instantly became my favorite. The fact that Sigurd hasn't shown up as an AT, alt costume (Though project M fixes this) in smash or even as one of the remade dlcs for Awakening saddened me.

Sigurd is a very kind but levelheaded lord. He starts out a killing machine and only gets better. Also a plus that he isn't some bullshit teenager that Japan seems to love so much when making rpg protagonists. I really hope that FE4 gets some big budget remake keeping the huge maps and all.

Sigurd would solo all the other fire emblem lords by himself.

Indeed he would.

If I were to rank the other lords though:

Sigurd
Ike
Lyn/Hector/Leif
Marth/Seliph
Roy
Eliwood/Chrom
Micaiah
Lucina

Ike was amazing in both games he was in.
Lyn and Hector are just a great change of pace from normal lords and have awesome personalities. Leif is just a fun lord as well.
Marth and Seliph are somewhat standard fare, nothing bad nothing too good either.
Roy as a unit is godawful but I like the sword of seals and his game was fun.
Eliwood was boring as shit and while as a unit he's alright he's still too boring to care about. Same goes for Chrom who was just what felt like some generic good lord.
Micaiah is terrible, hated her in the game and as a unit she's ok. Still bad though.
Lucina is fucking godawful, I loathe this piece of shit character and the fact that she was made playable over Chrom is fucking absurd. Blame this bullshit on Japan,
after you recruit her she has fuck all to do in the story and is totally in the backseat to Robin and Chrom except in one cutscene waaaay later, in which she does nothing as well. Fuck her.

Ephraim, Eirika, Alm, and Celica I can't comment on for not having played their games. I also chose not to mention Robin since while a protag he's not a lord. Ellincia I believe was regarded as a lord in PoR, but she's pretty lackluster all around so whatever.

Lastly, fuck Lucina.

1. Micaiah

I may be the only person on earth who likes her, but I really enjoyed the 'Jeanne d'Arc take' on a FE lord. She is the most unlikely leader who, through desperate circumstances finds herself a leader of her people (while harbouring conflicting emotions about said people due to her mixed blood inheritance). I also liked how the difficulty of her chapters reflected her desperate circumstances.

But yeah, I tend to find '¨badass' type videogame characters annoying. They usually end up being very tropey attempts at creating icons of hero worship/avatars for male power trips. Characters you feel more ambivalent about are more interesting.

2. Ike

His growth from a country boy to a leader is pretty well done in Path of Radiance. Plus, in Radiant Dawn he is one of the few main characters in Japanese games, who is allowed to be nicely muscular. lol

3. Lucina

I don't like Awakening much, but she has a pretty nice character design and story concept behind her.

The rest of the FE lords all kind of blend to together in my mind. Sigurd didn't do much for me, though I suppose I've only played FE4 about halfway through. *The lords in the GBA games were pretty nice. The avatar-like Robin kinda annoys me, since he/she is clearly just a tool for player wish fulfillment.

Ike is my dude. I find most FE protagonists to be kinda lame, but Ike is one of my favorite video game heroes, period.

In a very distant second is either Hector or Lucina.

totoro'd

Ike definitely, and I have this pic on my desktop ;)
uVtJhEH.jpg

Lyn was my favorite until Ike came along, and was Titania considered a lord? If so, I liked her too

EulaCapra

What is up with Alm's art? Huge head, super long legs, small chest and pelvis...

Not even counting the Awakening child Ike supposedly had [it's called turkey basters, people!], I like Ike because they tried to make him as ambiguously gay as possible without ruffling NIntendo's family-friendly conservative censors. They basically used the same tactics many movies employed in the 1950's to show homosexuality.

Also have to go with Micaiah and Lucina. I have a strong feeling Lucina will front the next game with her popularity booming. Also, Lucina boots.

Credo

The curb-stomping I gave so many enemies with Ike makes me want to say him, but my heart says to go with Hector. It's a tie.

Top Bottom