• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which publishers or devs are in your black book?

Telltale Games

-I experienced a game-breaking bug in iOS version of The Walking Dead chapter 4
-I replayed the chapter, but the bug was still present
-I replayed from the beginning of the game, but experienced a different game breaking bug in Chapter 3 and was unable to continue. Decided to never play it again.
-Due to the good story though and wanting to complete it, I bought the PC version.
-A bug corrupted my save file sometime around chapter 4.
-Hundred of others complaining of similar issues on the forums, but not a single patch.
-But worst of all, no acknowledgement of the issues from Telltale.

Ubisoft

-Even though I've owned Far Cry 4 for six days, it remains unplayable due to a 'CD key and region mismatch'.
-I bought the Japanese version, live in Japan, have a Japanese IP address, have a Japanese Uplay account and have my system settings set to Japanese language. The key and my region couldn't be more correct.
-Their customer support is useless and they keep trying to fob me off with 'Your CD key and region mismatch because your CD key and region mismatch'. NO THEY DON'T.

ElTopo

Banned
Uber Entertainment:

Released Monday Night Combat originally on the 360. Released a Steam version which was really, really good but had a few balance issues.

Promised the release of Dev Tools for Steam version of Monday Night Combat. Never happened.

Kept nerfing aspects of the game to appeal to terrible players.

Final balance patch completely borked the game.

Release one new map and then abandoned MNC for Super Monday Night Combat a FAR inferior sequel and that was abandoned after a few months.

I really liked Monday Night Combat but the devs really fucked over that game and it's community. Never again. I hope they file for bankruptcy.

npa189

I consider Pitchford to be a charlatan and I'm sick of hearing about doublefine. Maybe they should learn to budget and actually finish products before trying to get more money from their fans. Not a searing hatred, I just don't like being lied to.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
None. I don't have any developers or publishers "blacklisted" because it's all about the games themselves. If im interested in a game, I'll most likely give it a shot and see if I like it enough to play through it regardless of who the developer or publisher is. With that said, I do have my favorites though and out of the 39 games that I completed during the PS3/Xbox 360/Wii generation, 8 of them belong to Ubisoft with EA, Capcom and Konami not even being on the list. Ubisoft is my favorite developer and publisher and go to company. Out of the 11 games that I have completed from Ubisoft (8 last gen, 3 for PS4), I wouldn't rate any of them lower than a 7/10 (only one - Liberation HD for PS3) and the majority of them are between 8/10-9.5/10.

Played two missions of Unity and that was enough for me as I lost interest once I knew that there were micro-transactions and a companion app just to unlock treasure chests. Adding in co-op in the single player campaign turned me off as well as this shouldn't exist in single player campaigns. That and the fact that I loved Black Flag and was way more hyped for Rogue (which is the best of these three in my opinion) made me lose my interest in Unity. And that's before all the horrible bugs and glitches.

Despite that, Ubisoft is still my number one developer and publisher and have given me my own personal game of the year for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014.

SpartanN92

Banned
Bungie:
*Armor Lock
*They abandoned Halo
*They sold out to Activision
*They fired Marty
*Destiny
*They fired Marty
*They fired Marty!
*THEY FIRED MARTY!!!

Qwark

I won't say I'll never buy a game from Rebellion, but their dickish lawsuit against Stardock because of the word "Rebellion", makes any consideration for their games drop down a couple points.

fhqwhgads

Ubisoft stays off of my list because: Rayman.

If ever Rayman fails, then Ubisoft can go and die the final death.

Considering the way they screwed over the Legends development team and royally pissed off Michel Ancel, I wouldn't be surprised if the series does end up dying.

Laconic

Banned
Considering the way they screwed over the Legends development team and royally pissed off Michel Ancel, I wouldn't be surprised if the series does end up dying.

Well, if it does, then Ubisoft can burn in hell without my pity.

But I do love me some Rayman.

Always have.

ShinMaruku

If a company has terrible policies and they have but one game I have some interest in, I still would not support it. Just because that's me tacitly endorsing their stuff. I'm not going to be like a government that extols peace but endorse wars.

Laconic

Banned
If a company has terrible policies and they have but one game I have some interest in, I still would not support it. Just because that's me tacitly endorsing their stuff. I'm not going to be like a government that extols peace but endorse wars.

To be fair, I don't even acknowledge gutter trash like Ass-Creeped, as being video games.

I view that shite like S&M apparatuses - anyone who is into it, is asking for, and deserves, whatever pain comes their way.

Laconic

Banned
Also: wouldn't buying the products that DON'T incorporate those practices that you despise, actually promote the further creation of such games?

Positively reinforce the good choices, punish the bad ones.

Perhaps it will touch a nerve inside the corporate collective's hivemind, and get them doing what in both your and their own interests.

joseph

Banned
Like Larry from Three's Company, being in the black book is a GOOD thing.
and we have a winnaar!!!

;)

not sure about blacklisting publishers...

possible collateral damage too good development houses etc but definitely have np expressing, in public, how i feel

ShinMaruku

Also: wouldn't buying the products that DON'T incorporate those practices that you despise, actually promote the further creation of such games?

Positively reinforce the good choices, punish the bad ones.

Perhaps it will touch a nerve inside the corporate collective's hivemind, and get them doing what in both your and their own interests.
That is wishful thinking. I don't think just picking one part you like will change the hivemind if they view it as fueling their main gig. Which Ass creed is most certainly for Ubishit.

Top Bottom