• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which retro tracks should return in Mario Kart Switch?

Berordn

The composition copyright is listed in Brawl as belonging to Akira Miyagawa (the show's composer). I can't imagine what exactly went on but my guess is that as it was cut in Smash 4 they didn't want to jump through the same hoops to nab it again (granted, that game had far more going on in it than MK8, but still).

Regardless, I want to be proven wrong and now absolutely need this idea to become reality lol

It actually never occurred to me that it was missing in Smash 4. How bizarre.

Still, keep the dream alive.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I had some free time to do visual map for Mario Kart 8's retro tracks.

mariokartvisualmap.png

I'm not sure how reliable Postimage.org is but hopefully it would allow the image to stay around for awhile

backup image url: http://i.imgur.com/PxIc83C.png Thanks to MemoryMan3

I had some free time to do visual map for Mario Kart 8's retro tracks.

mariokartvisualmap.png

I'm not sure how reliable Postimage.org is but hopefully it would allow the image to stay around for awhile

Fantastic work! There are so many potential tracks. Wario Stadium from MK64 and Wario Coliseum from MKDD would be dream additions. Otherwise, I can see them sticking with SMK, MKSC, MKDS, and MKWii due to how many tracks each version has.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Cheese Land and Ribbon Road show how creative the team can be with some of the old flat Mode-7 tracks so would be nice to see some more of those. So let's say Koopa Beach 1 from SMK and Sunset Wilds from MKSC.

EDIT: Actually, seeing the post below, Vanilla Lake, either one, would be nice, as those track has never seen the retro come-back.

fisheyes

I'll pick one from each game that isn't in MK8 already:

SMK: Vanilla Lake 2 (I imagine they could do something quite cool - hur hur - with the broken lake in the middle.
64: Koopa Troopa Beach (purely because its one of my favourite tracks, but maybe the shortcut tunnel could become anti-grav?)
SC: Sunset Wilds (because my top two choices - Ribbon Road and Cheese Land - are already in and I imagine this could look quite stunning)
DD: DK Mountain (I imagine you could work in some really cool sections into this, which is already one of the more fun and unique racetracks in Mario Kart)
DS: Waluigi Pinball (I love this track, plus again it could have some cool modifications)
Wii: Toad's Factory (again you could put some really cool modifications in this)
7: Wario Shipyard (Could work without modification but could also be even better with a few tweaks).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Fantastic work! There are so many potential tracks. Wario Stadium from MK64 and Wario Coliseum from MKDD would be dream additions. Otherwise, I can see them sticking with SMK, MKSC, MKDS, and MKWii due to how many tracks each version has.

Thanks.

There are many old fantastic tracks that should be in the game but I'm stumped with the choice for 8 tracks.
Sunset Wilds, Frappe Snowland, Wario Colosseum, Airship Fortess, Waluigi Pinball, Maple Treeway, Daisy Hill, maybe Toad's Factory or Wario Shipyard, and way more.

woopWOOP

Rainbow Road
✌F-ZERO X EDITION✌

But really, most of the N64 tracks would be A-okay to me as that was the game I grew up with.
Wario Colliseum would be a good one. Maybe decrease the amount of laps like with Rainbow Road N64 if it takes too long.
They could also do some crazy zero gravity sections in Choco Mountain, like around the lake.

I also really like Mushroom Bridge from MK:DD and Moonview Highway from MKWii. Maybe it's a bit more of the same as Toad's Turnpike as car hazards go, but I'd be happy with them.
Oh and Daisy Circuit too, just because sunsets at the beach are pretty :p
Aqua Tunnel from Stunt Race FX
That would be pretty rad, especially if they kept the Super FX graphics.

Wiped89

Wii courses.

We've already seen a lot of the standouts return already, but we still need Toad's Factory, Moonview Highway, Bowser's Castle, and Rainbow Road.

Don't forget Maple Treeway. Best track on the game.

I also really want to see Wario's Galleon return. And I always liked Alpine Pass. Thankfully, my favourite Mario Kart 7 track came back for MK8 (Piranha Pipeway I think it's called).

rekameohs

Banned
Do Rainbow Road GBA with its bouncepad sides and the bonkers shortcuts because of it. Then we can have a Rainbow Road Circuit.

Top Bottom