• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Knight Chronicles: Pulse of the Ancients Released Dec 25

DMPrince said:
Watching trailer some more because i don't have new footage other than the small images from recent scan.

Hope the hair looks better. it looks shitty

It's an action game. those that call it an RPG just don't game enough.

hmm yeah, hopefully...ffxiii and versus look like the only rpgs so far that have got it down

rykomatsu

I wonder what (if they have one) the limited edition will consist of...hope it's as good as Valkyria Chronicles limited edition...

Llyranor

I just hope this PS3-exclusive stuff doesn't mean Sixaxis crap.

I'm intrigued by the combat system, I just hope the game delivers from the gameplay perspective.

Llyranor said:

I'm intrigued by the combat system, I just hope the game delivers from the gameplay perspective.
what can you really use the SIXAXIS for in an rpg?

Oh yeah. hope to have some rumble in the game too.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Llyranor said:

Even if they have that crap in there, I hope you can turn it off.

Paznos

Llyranor said:

How's that something only the PS3 can do? the Wii has motion controls too so I really doubt it's that.

Ricker

WTH?? December 25th..who the hell releases a game on Chrismas day hehe,is that common in Japan or what? ;) I hope we see a few gameplay vids at TGS because the lack of everything,hype,and adds and all that stuff for this game is scaring me a bit.

First major RPG on the PS3 though so i hope it's good.

It probably has something to do with its online features. You had this from the original trailer

vobfol.jpg

And Phil Harrison said that WKC will have "very rich and deep online features".

jiggle

finally
now waiting for SCEA announcement :/
hope it doesn't take long to localize this. no way i'll import this if it has online quests/missions.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
jiggle said:
finally
now waiting for SCEA announcement :/
hope it doesn't take long to localize this. no way i'll import this if it has online quests/missions.

Hopefully by March. I'm importing the Japanese version either way, but I have no problem double dipping.

Zoe

Ricker said:
WTH?? December 25th..who the hell releases a game on Chrismas day hehe,is that common in Japan or what? ;)

Japan shuts down for New Year's, not Christmas.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rpgmonkey said:
Hope it turns out well.

Think I'll be skipping an import though unless it turns out to be really good.

If the localization is out in March though... same time as FFXIII demo D:

AranhaHunter said:
I mean it's 3 months away and the last footage we had is a year old.

Which is a good thing. Instead of having to constantly create different demos for shows they've been allowed to just focus on developing the game.

rykomatsu

MrDenny said:
I bet the announcement will be using your customized character online to go on missions with other people.

Probably have to drag them into your room, kicking and screaming, while enticing them with candy and sweets in HOME before you can do that :p

lostxii

SolidSnakex said:
It probably has something to do with its online features. You had this from the original trailer

vobfol.jpg

And Phil Harrison said that WKC will have "very rich and deep online features".
Cool, I haven't seen that before. I guess online is pretty likely.

lol @ deep and rich online
well phil isn't here anymore is he? ;P

hopefully after the september 26th event and TGS they'll have constant media flowing out.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DMPrince said:
lol @ deep and rich online
well phil isn't here anymore is he? ;P

hopefully after the september 26th event and TGS they'll have constant media flowing out.

Yoshida is getting things done >:O

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
°°ToMmY°° said:
i heard it more than a year ago, the giant knights in WKC were designed by the mechs designer of NGE. i dunno if true, that's why i was asking it to GAF.

Wasn't it Anno himself who desinged the Eva's? I think if he was involved in a computer game it would be big news.

Kagari said:
Yoshida is getting things done >:O

if only he was around earlier ;(

There's a few projects I wish they can but i'm not saying anything about that here :lol

Since I listed dream features for FFXIII and now i know it's not coming true i'm still waiting for a trade center or online arena.

But looking at that image with the word online makes me wonder if possibly we'll be able to connect to others and play COOP which would be freaking cool but i highly doubt it so im just going to go with free downloadable missions/sidequest or something like that that really doesn't do much for the story but just to get rare items.

Barakov

Saiyar said:
Wasn't it Anno himself who desinged the Eva's? I think if he was involved in a computer game it would be big news.

I think Anno designed them along with Ikuto Yamashita. Yamashita must be the one involved in designing the Knights.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Can't wait to see what they show at TGS. This is the biggest next gen RPG to date. And thank God it's being built for 1 platform, less compromises.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
LiquidMetal14 said:
Can't wait to see what they show at TGS. This is the biggest next gen RPG to date. And thank God it's being built for 1 platform, less compromises.

My hype for the event has gone up :eek:

DMPrince said:
But looking at that image with the word online makes me wonder if possibly we'll be able to connect to others and play COOP which would be freaking cool but i highly doubt it so im just going to go with free downloadable missions/sidequest or something like that that really doesn't do much for the story but just to get rare items.

In a Game Trailers interview they asked Hino if there'd be online play and he wouldn't deny it. He just said that it wasn't something they could talk about at the time.

Eccocid

Q:Theres indeed quite some changes ..
Aki: That's why we have added in a lot of elements where the players will be enjoying. WKC is an Epic RPG title,but we have added in some element from the recent game, therefore it will become a very interesting game packed with MAJOR interesting game features.

Q: So there conclusion is, the game is not just about sitting back to see the story, there's another face behind the game ,with a different play style? Is this right?
Aki: that's right, WKC has Interesting elements that are not found in the current RPGs, we are unable to reveal it now, but this is not a game where you could just put yourself into adventure ,it is way more than that.

QTEs confirmed?

Top Bottom