• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who else hates this style of comedy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yep. Bob's Burgers, and all the things that came before it like Dr. Katz, Sea Lab, and ATHF. It's a different style of humor, but it's still pretty funny, to me, mostly because that IS how people talk.

I watched RLM talk about Tremors, because I love Tremors too. It was terrible. Do they actually say funny or interesting things when ripping apart movies? Because they were boring as hell talking about a movie they liked...

Bob's Burgers is also incredibly smartly written and if you think they're just ad libbing the best jokes I'm not sure what to tell you. It wouldn't be as nearly as good or as well loved if it was just them blurting things out the entire episode. Even when the kids do say random stupid shit its usually tied into the events at hand.

I don't understand what's going on in that video. Is that one dude trying to guess what happened in that movie, or is it a game where he tries to figure out what it's about based on the DVD cover?

And his high pitched voice is very grating :/

What happened was that all of them watched the movie together, and Rich Evans (the guy with the absolutely amazing laugh) is giving the job of explaining the plot of the film.

The problem is: the film (like all of Neil Breen's other films) was such a mind screw with the most random, nonsensical plotline that Rich can't even explain it even after watching through the entire thing.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
What happened was that all of them watched the movie together, and Rich Evans (the guy with the absolutely amazing laugh) is giving the job of explaining the plot of the film.

The problem is: the film (like all of Neil Breen's other films) was such a mind screw with the most random, nonsensical plotline that Rich can't even explain it even after watching through the entire thing.

Oh okay, that makes more sense now.

snarge

Bob's Burgers is also incredibly smartly written and if you think they're just ad libbing the best jokes I'm not sure what to tell you. It wouldn't be as nearly as good or as well loved if it was just them blurting things out the entire episode. Even when the kids do say random stupid shit its usually tied into the events at hand.

I didn't mention anything about ad libbing in my post, soooo....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom