• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is an artist that other people like who you think is overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggandI

Banned
Lorde is trash & a sell out
J Cole corny
Aubrey Graham got lazy and his last two albums have been boring

Oh yeah, and the rock genre as a whole..
ebd0b8bac152e9390835385aba075eab.png

Floridian

Adele. Her sales are massive but her music is just mediocre/boring to me.

Also, the fact that she sweeps Grammys with bland albums like 25 confirms more.

Erv

Kendrick Lamar I actually like a lot. but the praise he gets makes him seem like a rap God which he is not

For me, it's definitely Kanye West.

His music does absolutely nothing for me and i'm a hardcore hip-hop fan, 90's style shit, boom bap jazzy beats and all that funk not the stuff Kanye or these "new generation" rappers do.

Akainu

Got damn can we just use musicians? I think this is the second time this week. I was excepting an art thread.

Sunster

I agree with both of these. Don't understand the appeal. I like some of Kanye's stuff, but people hyping him as one of the best rappers ever just confuses me. I hate Radiohead utterly and completely.

you need to disappear completely
radiohead joke

"Rock and Roll Nightclub" is one of my favorite albums, and I still listen to every album Mac Demarco puts out but I do feel he's a bit overrated.

SpaceWolf

Banned
"This artist's music does not appeal to me as an individual. Therefore, I definitely judge sad artist to be entirely over-rated because their music isn't catering to my personal tastes"

DOWN

Banned
Kendrick Lamar I actually like a lot. but the praise he gets makes him seem like a rap God which he is not
I love his work alone but his voice is nasally and his features on other people's stuff is among the worst there is on the radio today. Like can you stop with the Taylor Swift, Sia, and Maroon 5 phoned in feature verses?

I never understood why people thought Pixies were such an amazing band. Every time I tried to listen to them I was thoroughly bored, and I gave them a number of chances.

RMI

Banned
Thinking about it, MASTADON. Leviathan and some of Blood Mountain is okay but after that it's just a bunch of prog-wankery up to whatever the hell that last album was.

Like we're the Beatles even good singers? They're voices are kinda meh

their voices are fine. technical ability is not the end all be all of art.

I never understood why people thought Pixies were such an amazing band. Every time I tried to listen to them I was thoroughly bored, and I gave them a number of chances.

you can start and stop your trying to listen to the Pixies with Doolittle. It's a great record and anything but boring. Surfer Rosa is ok.

I never really understood the whole sellout complaint people make about artists. Like even if they did do you really blame them? I would sellout in a heartbeat if I could.

Nah, these people should get part-time jobs at Thriftway to make ends meet and just perform their music on subway platforms the way REAL ARTISTS do.

Arguments like that put me in mind of Tool's "Hooker with a Penis." All you know about me is what I've sold you, dumb fuck, I sold out long before you ever even heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, dipshit, and you bought one.

I don't hate Radiohead, but I have no idea why they have such a huge following.

They are just a run-of-the-mill alternative band to me.

ALSO - I think JJ Abrams is completely overrated.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Radiohead
Daft Punk
Bruce Springsteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom