• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who was the worst Looney Tune character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CaptYamato said:
This has never been said. Even in the new cartoon the writers fucked with the audience by acting like they were going to finally say which sex Tweet is. He whispered it and they trolled everyone.

I recall a short where Tweety gets turned on by a female canary bird.(which was actually one of Sylvester's fingers painted to look like one, anyway).

Rabbitwork said:
PEPE-LE-PEW-cutedxc-16716151-301-301.gif

i have never liked this character or his cartoons.

It wasn't until Chappelle pointed out he was basically a rapist that I realized it...Looney Toons was pretty messed up...

Baha

Zoramon089 said:
It wasn't until Chappelle pointed out he was basically a rapist that I realized it...Looney Toons was pretty messed up...

It was always there, staring you right in the face.

Smithy C

Kosmo said:
Ralph Wolf:

250px-Sam_and_Ralph_choke.png

He was so uninspiring that they just used Wile E. Coyote's body for him.
But the game about him was so awesome!

Also, fuck Pepe lePew. The episodes with him in freaked me out.

N4Us

Hoppity_300.gif

His whole joke was that Sylvester thought he was a big mouse. That was it. One lame joke stretched to a billion shorts.

If I was watching Looney Tunes as a kid and the short had "Hop" somewhere in the title I'd turn it off.

Despite the perceptions that people may hold, owing to the long lashes and high pitched voice of Tweety, Tweety is male.[citation needed]

I'd go with Taz also. Not that I disliked him necessarily, but he was somewhat hard to pin down as far as what he was about. He just liked fucking shit up. Chaotic neutral?

I loved Ralph. I think it's cuz his appearances were relatively rare.

gabbo

SonicMegaDrive said:
I recall a short where Tweety gets turned on by a female canary bird.(which was actually one of Sylvester's fingers painted to look like one, anyway).
I do believe he also dresses in a blue sailor suit to impress said female/finger bird.

N4Us said:
Hoppity_300.gif

His whole joke was that Sylvester thought he was a big mouse. That was it. One lame joke stretched to a billion shorts.

If I was watching Looney Tunes as a kid and the short had "Hop" somewhere in the title I'd turn it off.

Yeah, this is really Pepe's problem, too. If you just see one, it's a pretty funny concept, but every one of his cartoons is basically the same script. Lemme guess, the cat likes HIM in the end after the paint washes off!

It's like a lot of SNL skits over the years. One joke redone a million times.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
blame space said:
Despite the perceptions that people may hold, owing to the long lashes and high pitched voice of Tweety, Tweety is male.[citation needed]
"This was established several times in the series "Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries". It was also confirmed toward the end of "Snow Business" when Granny exclaimed to Tweety and Sylvester, "Here I am, boys!""

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
CaptYamato said:
This has never been said. Even in the new cartoon the writers fucked with the audience by acting like they were going to finally say which sex Tweet is. He whispered it and they trolled everyone.
Current writers have screwed that idea because he had a girlfriend in some of those crappy movies. I forget her name though.

MetatronM said:
"This was established several times in the series "Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries". It was also confirmed toward the end of "Snow Business" when Granny exclaimed to Tweety and Sylvester, "Here I am, boys!""

i remain unconvinced

Duane Cunningham said:
Yeah, in the Wile E vs Bugs cartoons he's snooty and talks.
I'm not sure I saw that particular one, but doesn't he talk all sophisticated when he does speak? I'm sure I've seen him in a robe with a pipe talking like a rich old dude.

slit

Yes I also have to go with Tweety just barely edging out Leghorn. I hated that fucking bird. I wanted Sylvester to kill him and eat him and then regurgitate the remains into his cage.

Kaizer

Banned
I've always hated Sylvester & Tweety, I remember when their cartoon used to come during Kids WB back in the day I felt like dying - "Just play another episode of Cardcaptor Sakura!"

Speedy Gonzales is the worst
Speedy_gonzales.jpg

especially the nonsensical pairings of Speedy with Daffy during the 60s, like WTF

Daffy was it his best with Porky

Azuran

Banned
Speedy Gonzales and Tweety. What a bunch of jerks. I see absolutely no reason to like them especially when Sylvester was one of the best characters.

Tweety originally under Bob Clampett was fun and violent

it's when Friz Freleng took over the Tweety character with the Sylvester pairing that Tweety completely changed for the more boring

vas_a_morir said:
Tweety Bird... Totally. He sucks. Also, I hate Foghorn Leghorn.

but the old-school Tasmanian Devil cartoons were great! When bugs is reading the encyclopedia that lists all the animals Tasmanian devils eat, and he is naming all these animals and then you hear the devil say in this deep voice "...rabbits." lol total classic

1187011.jpg

Here is the episode: Devil May Hare (1954)

"Put me down, you baggy-eyed devil."

Fucking classic.

Porky Pig was created before WWII during a coming back from the depression,
a character created to get us back into good humor

then the WWII started and spawned zanier, loonier, rebellious characters like Bugs Bunny & Daffy Duck (Daffy being actually Daffy in his early years)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom