• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who was the worst Looney Tune character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lijik

FnordChan said:
Cool-Cat.png

Let's give this dubious honor to the character who starred in the final original Looney Tunes short: Cool Cat. With the Looney Tunes glory days long gone and the traditional opening re-worked to reflect the Warner Bros./Seven-Arts merger, Cool Cat presided over the coup de grâce with 1969's "Injun Trouble", which is as classy as it sounds. Thanks for nothing, Cool Cat.

FnordChan
Cool Cat is amazing to me because of how bad his cartoons are in conjunction with how "hip" he's supposed to be (and that college one was actually okay)

No, the worst is Merlin the Magic Mouse from the same era who isn't even enjoyable in an ironic way
4451759961254272-1-.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
bean breath said:
Michigan J. Frog

GE2bS.gif

i would count him, but the way the guy who found him would sweat when shit would hit the fan still makes me laugh..

I caught one the other day where Porky threw out all his cats (one of which was Sylvester) and they're all boozing it up in the alley singing "nobody knows how dry I am" and one is swinging a wine bottle that says "Arsenic and Old Grapes" on the label... that's just good goddamn comedy.

tmarques

Duane Cunningham said:
and one is swinging a wine bottle that says "Arsenic and Old Grapes" on the label... that's just good goddamn comedy.

Which is a reference to "Arsenic and Old Lace", a brilliant 1940's comedy starring Cary Grant and... Jean Arthur? In any case, everyone should watch it.

TreIII

Metal-Geo said:
Sir, this is totally, I SAY this is totally preposterous!

I fucking love that cock.

This. Foghorn is awesome. And so is "That Dog". It was just that little Chicken Hawk that ruined a good thing.

"Hubba, hubba, hubba...!" is right.

tmarques said:
Which is a reference to "Arsenic and Old Lace", a brilliant 1940's comedy starring Cary Grant and... Jean Arthur? In any case, everyone should watch it.

Yep, exactly... and I found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BjI-MyleRqU#t=119s

I guess actually it's after they're back in the house because they threw him out, and they're singing a drunk "no place like home" while smoking cigars and reading comics

JGS

Banned
Silvester, tweety, Speedy Gonzalez

Horrible and cheap knock offs of the one true king - Wile E. Coyote/Roadrunner shorts.

(I don't care if they came first or not)

Mudkips

Banned
FStop7 said:
Foghorn Leghorn because all of the shorts featuring him were fucking dumb.

Boy, I say boy, fuck you!
Foghorn Leghorn kicks all manner of ass.

Tweety is shit. Pepe Le Pew is shit.

I don't see how you can even count the "characters" like that shitty tiger or the kangaroo or the pig who wasn't Porky Pig or the wolf who wasn't Wile E. Coyote.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm shocked someone mentioned Ralph. :(

I loved the cartoons where the sheep dog and him would always clock into work at the beginning of the cartoon.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Holy fuck, the fox wasn't Wil-e?

Fucking loved that PS1 game though, so good.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
LT started out bad, but it became average later on. It still has the best Wile E and Road Runner too.

Kosmo

Banned
Watch Da Birdie said:
I'm shocked someone mentioned Ralph. :(

I loved the cartoons where the sheep dog and him would always clock into work at the beginning of the cartoon.

That episode is great, but that they didn't change him in any physical way from Wile E was LOL

tmarques

Mudkips said:
Pepe Le Pew is shit.

Oh, Pepe Le Pew is hysterical.

(Although I suppose he's funnier after you've seen a couple of films with Charles Boyer, who played a character named Pepe Le Moko in Algiers.)

gabbo

Kosmo said:
That episode is great, but that they didn't change him in any physical way from Wile E was LOL
He would on occasion have a different coloured nose than Wile E, and slightly different colour features, but only ever so slightly.

parrotbeak said:
I'm not sure I saw that particular one, but doesn't he talk all sophisticated when he does speak? I'm sure I've seen him in a robe with a pipe talking like a rich old dude.

Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoKA2OLJ8hs&feature=related

Tweety was by far the worst reoccurring character. As someone else said, he was Jerry with none of the charm Jerry had. Also, Tom generally got in his lumps on Jerry just as much as Jerry got Tom. Tweety NEVER had anything happen to him or any comeuppance. Just a pure dick character.

overcast

Tweety is definitely the weakest. God what an asshole.

What's with the Pepe Le Pew hate? I thought he was pretty funny.

Yea I am on board the Tweety+Speedy hate wagon. Never liked either growing up. Nothing to really like about either as they were both little ass hole instigators

N4Us

tmarques said:
I keep seeing this in blooper reels from Warners Bros.' golden years and I can't imagine why something like this was produced in the 1930s. Inside joke?

Yeah, supposedly just a joke clip made for the crew.

TheBear

Tweety was such an annoying character. Fuck Him.

My all time favourite character (who wasn't exactly Looney Tunes, but close enough) chicken boo.

tumblr_ljecttoHSp1qa1oopo1_400.jpg

You wear a disguise to look like human guys, but you’re not a man, you’re a chicken Boo.

Bentendo

I agree with the OP somewhat. While I don't think that Taz is the worst Looney Tunes character (not by a longshot), I do understand why he doesn't like him. It's the same reason why I don't like Animal in the Muppets. If the character wasn't in the spotlight so much I'd like them much more. Look at the Sweedish Chef and the Roadrunner, for example. Two characters that you can't really understand but they're both among my favorites in their series.

OH, BTW my least favorite:

200px-Pepe_Le_Pew.jpg

Then again, that doesn't mean I don't like him. I was just always disappointed when it was a Pepe episode.

Kosmo said:
Ralph Wolf:

250px-Sam_and_Ralph_choke.png

He was so uninspiring that they just used Wile E. Coyote's body for him.
You mean that wasn't Wile E. just doing something new? Geez.

I don't remember any obscure examples that I might hate the most, but out of the "main cast" I think I'll agree with Tweety Bird. He never really did much other than "I tawt I taw a puddy tat."

Koomaster

I'm glad we can all come together in our Tweety hate. Eff that stupid yellow bird seriously!

I have to admit I would sometimes change the channel during Speedy Gonzales cartoons as well; EXCEPT that I loved Slowpoke Rodriguez! Whenever he was on he would make the Speedy Cartoon, they should have paired them together more often.

Other than that, and speaking of mice, does anyone remember those Honeymooner Mice and their girlfriends/wives? I don't even recall if they were Looney Tunes, but ugh, I think they were worse than Tweety.

These fucks...
88804.jpg

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
N4Us said:
Hoppity_300.gif

His whole joke was that Sylvester thought he was a big mouse. That was it. One lame joke stretched to a billion shorts.

If I was watching Looney Tunes as a kid and the short had "Hop" somewhere in the title I'd turn it off.

man as a kid i always wished that somebody would beat the shit out of that kangaroo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom