• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who wins 2015 Game Dog of the Year?

Dawg

Honorable mention
  • GuerillaDawg- Not in a game, but in our hearts.

image.php

NeoGAF's own Dawg
image.php

tumblr_inline_nwn0jeythrvl.png

dawggu isn't in my heart

dat cheeky cunt

anyways, guard dog from undertale wins

DD IS A WOLF

You said best dog, not worst.

Also, I'll go with Undertale dog followed by Woolly Poochy

tumblr_nwn0dcjtzc1szcoqqqz.jpg

Haunted

D dog is the best but I hate how he gets in the way always. Give me some space dog. Like stand 10 feet back don't get all up in my scope view while I'm trying to snipe. He is literally up your ass the entire game.
DD needs some lessons about personal space.

8bo7CA8.gif

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
DD. He's always useful and never annoying except for when he occasionally blocks my shot and I lose bond with him and have to reload a checkpoint. Also adorable and can kill guys on command and do all kinds of neat things.

Nzyme32

Easily any of the dogs from Undertale; favorites being the annoying dog, lesser dog and greater dog. I doubt many people here have been playing Undertale though, so will probably side for the others

Replicant

Dogmeat will still love you even if you:

* Run around naked across the wasteland like a trashy ass that you are
* A complete and utter chem addict
* A shameless looter who picklocks and steals from others
* Do any other shameless acts that will have you disowned by your own family

Do other Game Dogs do this? I think not! Dog of the Year for me. DD is cool too but he's a bit too 'cold' for me.

I submit that because Ghost Trick came down from iTunes and went back up this year, I'm allowed to vote for Missile.

Best dog in games. He's a top level Pomeranian.

This isnt a popular one but anyone thats played SUNSET OVERDRIVE would have come across that ROBO-DOG. Its so awesome when you command it to move to a bunch of enemies and seeing it blow up.

But serious though, MGS5 dog is my favourite. I mean, a dog with a eyepatch!!! How cool is that!!

Kangi

Annoying Dog. Every scene it shows up in is perfect. The fact that
he's behind the mysterious closed door in Snowdin that you have to work way too hard to open
is just... amazing.

"You are carrying too many dogs."

Markoman

Dogs are the new bows now.
I want a cat companion!!!!!!......................................................................................................................................................................................................that doesn't give a fuck while I'm beaten to death.

Platy

For people saying that DDOG is a wolf, there is a very informative thread about wolf dog hibrids in off topic that explains why DDog can't be a wolf.

My vote goes to Poochie, followed by a tie between Isabelle and Annoying Dog

KC Denton

For people saying that DDOG is a wolf, there is a very informative thread about wolf dog hibrids in off topic that explains why DDog can't be a wolf.

My vote goes to Poochie, followed by a tie between Isabelle and Annoying Dog
Actually it explained that from a visual standpoint, DDog is either a pure Wolf or an extremely high-content wolfdog. Behaviorally he's much closer to a dog, but since when has Kojima ever indicated he knows anything about the differences between wolf and dog behavior? He put the iDroid entry, the Huey tape, and
Starring: Venom Snake
in the game for a very specific reason. It's somewhat disheartening that people fail to realize Kojima's artistic intentions when he's not being particularly subtle about it.

Apathy

DD, and it's not even a close competition. Yoshi's dog wins in cuteness hands down.

Dogmeat is borderline retarded, and blocks you or gets in the way more than helps. DD is just better at everything. Whoever programmed DD needs to program every single virtual dog.

Top Bottom