• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's getting the Wii U version of COD Ghosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrs3000

Dedicated servers pls. Was just playing Blitz, and I clearly slid into the enemy zone, but of course on the killcam I was killed just before it. Also sick of getting surprised by an enemy, putting a bullet or two into him before being stabbed, then finding out I never shot at all.

Yeah there was a article I think on IGN where they interviewed one of the devs and asked about dedicated servers and he said he couldn't answer that about wii u but all others it's coming.

GulAtiCa

I played a little of single player and did one quick team deathmath. I'm enjoying it so far.

Online player count was at 2100 when I left.

No, unless you switch to the Gamepad manually and then go back to the TV.
Thanks for answering fab.

A pitty really, since in terms of inmersion it would add something to the game, it suits the gamepad rather well and is no hard to implement. :(

How did they implement off screen? A quick press of minus (-) or through a menu?

StevieP

Banned
That is fair. Activision is killing its own COD Wii U crowd. I have no clue what they expect from the Wii U version.

No Eshop version
No DLC
No squad feature
No screenshot or hype prior to release
BO2 was inferior except for the pointer controls.
BO2 missed two updates that the other versions got

I do not blame anyone for choosing the other versions. Activision is basically forcing people not to buy the Wii U version. It is sad and unfortunate.

See the thing is... Activision isn't receiving a percentage of nintendo's total online subscription revenues with nintendo (as it is with others). Because there is none to receive. If you'd like to ask yourself why there isn't things like pre-launch acknowledgment of said port or dedicated servers (or much of a budget to support the title) then you should ask our "gaming journalists" to look in that direction first and foremost.

Malvingt2

I did post this a couple of pages ago in this thread. This is the info we have

Dedicated servers are not up for the Wii U yet according to A_Trey_U

A_Trey_U
Dedicated servers are not up for the Wii U yet. The idea that the dedicated servers that are up for the other platorms are only in North America is the part that is inaccurate and the part of the thread I was responding to

I work for Treyarch, so I'm pretty sure my statement is accurate.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200789519#.Unkvj3BwrrQ

He used the word yet.. So maybe is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom