• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are there so many women with tattoos?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
It is an observation that I have been realizing, that there is a lot of increase in people or women who have tattoos.

Each person has their taste, personally, I would never make one.

But if I have noticed from 7 years ago, there were not many people with tattoos, and less in the female gender.

Why is this trend exponentially increasing now? Or what motivates you to do it?

Lady Jane

Banned
I got it when I was 21. I guess peer pressure from my friends doing it was the main motivation but I still love it. It's only one tat but it's like an accent on my body, plus it's in a work-friendly spot. All wins in my book.

Last edited:

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
You wouldn't want your girlfriend to have her ex's name on her arm and a butterfly tramp stamp? (I'm getting another tattoo in 3 months) I have a sleeved arm, back, thigh and rib tattoos. Will get an upperchest one next. I love a nice neck tattoo on a guy but that would be too far for me.

I have plenty of piercings too, only my septum one I remove for work.

Last edited:

Ammogeddon

Well I guess plenty of women have wanted to get ink done in the past but it wasn’t socially acceptable. I also think people are more image conscious and inspired by people they see on Instagram etc.

Jaybe

episode 17 superman GIF

killatopak

I don't see how gender has a role in having tattoos in the modern age.

Historically, there are reasons to have a tattoo in the past especially if it is culturally inclined to do so. Nowadays though? You can do whatever the fuck you want with your body.

Urban

It is an observation that I have been realizing, that there is a lot of increase in people or women who have tattoos.

Each person has their taste, personally, I would never make one.

But if I have noticed from 7 years ago, there were not many people with tattoos, and less in the female gender.

Why is this trend exponentially increasing now? Or what motivates you to do it?
Why even bother? The only girls you like are 2D and end with .jpeg

troll dancing GIF

Lady Jane

Banned
A girl at my work got a tattoo on her hand. Looked like a butterfly.

I say looked because the skin healed from the tattoo and now it looks like a glob of shit on her hand.

Lol.

This is the most prominent mistake I've seen, mostly on women. They get fine-line tattoos and it doesn't age well within 3 years. Bold will hold.

Last edited:

Braag

A girl at my work got a tattoo on her hand. Looked like a butterfly.

I say looked because the skin healed from the tattoo and now it looks like a glob of shit on her hand.

Lol.
A tattoo shouldn't look like shit right after it healing. Either she blasted it under sun, submerged it under water or just overall neglected taking care of it during the healing process. Or the tattoo artist sucked and didn't pack ink properly into the skin.
I've had a colorful sleeve for a while now and it has barely faded. I always use sunblock if I'm out and overall take care of it. Also my tattoo has bold black line work so it will hold for a long while before needing a touch up.

Tattoos are definitely not something you want to cheap out on, get a good artist who knows what they're doing and avoid getting micro tattoos or watercolor tattoos if you want it to look good after 5-10 years.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

woman tend to be more conforming to their peers in society. those that are more outspoken and attention seeking typically will get the most exposure so they will disproportionately be viewed as the majority.

once some threshold was reached it became a perceived norm. just like ear piercing. if you think about piercings it's a weird thing to do, your body even fights it as it tries to close the wound but yet majority of women have them to be part of the in group.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I have a better question;
Why are there so many men with dicks?

This planet cannot sustain such tomfoolery.

OT:
People tend to use them as decoration, and men do very much the same. Its also an addiction, they would add. Personally it needs to be stylish - I don't like it when women cover their entire self with it, let alone try to be come a body painting at increasingly young ages. In a world where Idiocracy got released, its fucked up that people in general care less and less about self-responsibility - And society not only allows it, but even rewards being so through social media.

Jsisto

Never really been my thing, but it used to be that they were uncommon enough that they could be attractive and unique on the right person. Nowadays I feel like they are so common and it’s rarer to find someone with NO tattoos, that I find girls without tattoos even MORE attractive than I used to. Just my opinion. Dont kill me.

Mikey Jr.

A tattoo shouldn't look like shit right after it healing. Either she blasted it under sun, submerged it under water or just overall neglected taking care of it during the healing process. Or the tattoo artist sucked and didn't pack ink properly into the skin.
I've had a colorful sleeve for a while now and it has barely faded. I always use sunblock if I'm out and overall take care of it. Also my tattoo has bold black line work so it will hold for a long while before needing a touch up.

Tattoos are definitely not something you want to cheap out on, get a good artist who knows what they're doing and avoid getting micro tattoos or watercolor tattoos if you want it to look good after 5-10 years.

I phrased it wrong.

She got this tattoo years ago I believe.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Tattoos on women are gross. So are any face/nose/orbital bone piercing. Just do earrings ladies.

No need to go ape shit adding a bull ring to your nose for attention.

I hope they get ready to zap off the tattoos when they get older. Some of female coworkers have very modest tattoos which they probably got when they were in their 20s. When they hot 40 or higher, many of them laser them off because they realize how retarded it looks. And this is for modest small tattoos, not shit like their whole arm.

Last edited:

JayK47

Had I known that every idiot would be running around with tattoos, I would never have gotten them while in the army. There was a time where it was not acceptable to have tattoos on your face, hands, neck, etc. I see it all the time now. The US Army had strict regulations on tattoos and is planning to loosen them to attract "talent". May as well just recruit direnctly from the prisons.

Top Bottom