• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are there so many women with tattoos?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Tattoos on women are gross. So are any face/nose/orbital bone piercing. Just do earrings ladies.

No need to go ape shit adding a bull ring to your nose for attention.

I hope they get ready to zap off the tattoos when they get older. Some of female coworkers have very modest tattoos which they probably got when they were in their 20s. When they hot 40 or higher, many of them laser them off because they realize how retarded it looks. And this is for modest small tattoos, not shit like their whole arm.

I also find tattoos disgusting. In my opinion, if a girl has tattoos, it lowers the expectations of having a romantic interest.

Tams

Eh, it's all subjective.

I don't care if someone with a tattoo is male or female. They aren't too my taste at all though. And I'm only interested in females sexually/romantically, so that's the only way it affects me. That's overcome by not dating girls with tats.

My opinion is that if you want a tattoo get a brown henna one. That way you can change it up too. You don't sew your clothing to your body, why do so with art?

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Eh, it's all subjective.

I don't care if someone with a tattoo is male or female. They aren't too my taste at all though. And I'm only interested in females sexually/romantically, so that's the only way it affects me. That's overcome by not dating girls with tats.

My opinion is that if you want a tattoo get a brown henna one. That way you can change it up too. You don't sew your clothing to your body, why do so with art?
Because sewing ink into your flesh is metal af :messenger_sunglasses::messenger_horns:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Issues, wanting to be special etc.

Ironically you're more unique for not having tats anymore.

They'll go out of style again
Issues, wanting to be special etc.

Ironically you're more unique for not having tats anymore.

They'll go out of style again

Exactly.

This situation of tattoos is to attract attention or fill an existential void.

j0hnnix

oh... they don't need tattoos for that bro.
sassy sarah silverman GIF by HULU

Braag

Good luck finding a girl without tattoos, lmao. It's as common as sliced bread these days. Nobody, and I mean nobody, gets tattoos without peer pressure and the assistance of drugs or alcohol at SOME point in the decision-making process. Because getting a tattoo indicates short-sightedness, tattoos are red flags if you also don't have any then you're not compatible with each other, plain and simple.

I have never seen a single couple where one of two has tattoos and the other doesn't. I would recommend anyone reading this to have their tattoos removed, cause it's not gonna look good when you're older. Truth is though, they probably don't care.
What a weird short sighted view.
I have tattoos and my gf doesn't. We have been together for close to 8 years. Tattoos don't automatically mean a person is a certain way lol
And no, I don't do drugs nor am I a huge fan of alcohol so the decision was made sober.

DanteFox

Good luck finding a girl without tattoos, lmao. It's as common as sliced bread these days. Nobody, and I mean nobody, gets tattoos without peer pressure and the assistance of drugs or alcohol at SOME point in the decision-making process. Because getting a tattoo indicates short-sightedness, tattoos are red flags if you also don't have any then you're not compatible with each other, plain and simple.

I have never seen a single couple where one of two has tattoos and the other doesn't. I would recommend anyone reading this to have their tattoos removed, cause it's not gonna look good when you're older. Truth is though, they probably don't care.
I agree with your assessment, though I'd add one observation: tattoos have now become so mainstream that even square people are getting them. Christian pastors and babysitters have tattoos now. It's unbelievably common.

Last edited:

Sakura

People crave attention. This is exacerbated in the modern day by all the social media.
When you get a tattoo of a triforce (or something else) on your arm, it isn't because you like it, it's because you want everyone else to know you like it.
In my experience, the more tattoos someone has, the more messed up they are.

MastaKiiLA

It's not gender-specific. Men and women alike seem more comfortable with body art, which is awesome. I've seen a noticeable increase in the number of sleeves. When I was younger, that would force you to wear long sleeved shirts at work for the rest of your life. Now, I think everything but face tattoos are acceptable. I see lots of neck tattoos. I've had a big bull on my left pec for 17 years, and want to add more ink next year. The wife wants to get her first one too, and she wants to go from no ink to a full side piece. I'm pretty impressed with the ambition of it, tbh. It'll look awesome.

Body art is awesome. It's one of those pure forms of expression.

MastaKiiLA

Dude, that's wholesome af. You know both of them have had some interesting life experiences. They're going to have some fun stories to share. They could also be huge pieces of shit, but that's the thing, tattoos don't make you a better or worse person. They just give people a visual taste of your personality when they see you.

Peggies

Gold Member
I had my first tattoo when I was 16. It was awful, it was not good. It was a shark (Facepalm). Well what can I say, I really like sharks. They're so cool.

With 18 I had it covered up with Draculas castle. I still love it! Now I have a lot more including a banjo playing billy goat, the Babadook, a sea monster or the witch's sigel from Lords Of Salem. I love all of them but I don't plan to have more.

Even though I'm in a management position, they don't mind at work. Times are changing.

Last edited:

nush

Even though I'm in a management position, they don't mind at work. Times are changing.

I remember the days when tattoos were against dress code and plasters had to be worn to cover them up if you were in customer facing roles.

Paltheos

Interesting split. The community seems pretty polarized on this (I wish we had a poll). I'm in the camp of 'tatoos look bad, almost categorically, and on everyone'. They're a huge turn-off the instant I catch sight of them.

Pejo

The only tattoos I like aesthetically are Samoan tattoos on a Samoan. I went through a phase where I liked girls with ink, but the more time went on, it seemed that girls with a lot of tattoos were prone to making bad decisions. Not sure if there's actually a correlation there or if it's just my bias.

It wouldn't be enough for me to not date/break up with my gf if she got a tattoo, but I wouldn't be a fan. I would never date anyone with neck/face/sleeve/thigh tats either.

Kenpachii

The only tattoos I like aesthetically are Samoan tattoos on a Samoan. I went through a phase where I liked girls with ink, but the more time went on, it seemed that girls with a lot of tattoos were prone to making bad decisions. Not sure if there's actually a correlation there or if it's just my bias.

It wouldn't be enough for me to not date/break up with my gf if she got a tattoo, but I wouldn't be a fan. I would never date anyone with neck/face/sleeve/thigh tats either.

I am pretty sure that's also for guys with face tattoo's company's here don't hire them because they are prone to making shit decisions.

MastaKiiLA

Yup, explains why this generation's young people are the gayest generation yet. Literally & figuratively. Tattoos ain't expression, they're gang/prison culture artifacts that young people adopted to seem "cool". Since young people seem to think being a "thug" is cool.
WTF happened to you to make you so angry at tattoos? It's honestly weird. Tattoos predate written history. Its history is very much rooted in artistic/personal expression. This man is not a "thug". Whatever the fuck that has to do with putting ink on your body. SMH.

M%C4%81ori-Tattoo-Art-770x957.jpg

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I’m not into psychology so I won’t attempt to explain the whys (there’s surely many, some of them already elaborated upon in this thread).

But seriously, the amount of women getting tats has skyrocketed in the last 10-15 years. It’s actually surprising when a woman in the 18-40 bracket doesn’t have one at this point.

I’m honestly not a fan, but a clean, small tattoo isn’t a total deal breaker for me like piercings are. Septum/bellybutton piercings and ear gauges are an instant no-no for me, so in those cases I’ll never find out if the person wearing those has a genital piercing as well.

You've just been brainwashed OP, historically tattoos were always connected to some kind of spirituality or social connection; if you grew up somewhere where tattoos were part of your culture, you'd have no problem with them and probably even love them, that's just how bias works.

Ellery

I recent years I have seen more young people (18-35) with tattoos than not. A lot of my friends and colleagues got tats at the age of around 20 with most of them saying it represents their bodily freedom transitioning into adulthood or something like that. (Leaving your parents house, being allowed to drink alcohol, drive a car, responsibilities of your actions etc.). So often girls use something like a butterfly.

Depending on the work they have had done I am torn between liking and disliking tattoos. There are some girls that look pretty cool with tattoos but it is mostly girls that look fine as hell anyway.

As far as tattoos for guys go I have never been like "yo this dude has awesome tats", but I am mostly indifferent about it.

Neither hate em nor love them, but good ones do cost a lot of money and are a big commitment. So I never have done it and don't plan on doing it.

Aggelos

Why is this trend exponentially increasing now? Or what motivates you to do it?

Well, you may say that it's based on female emancipation. Many social trends and phenomena have to do with the emancipation from social norms, oppression, and restrictions, so when tattoos became all the buzz, women thought that they should jump onto the bandwagon, into the bargain. Why men only?

And since the future is female ejaculation, what more could we expect from this world of ours?

K0qKExP.jpg

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
What a weird short sighted view.
I have tattoos and my gf doesn't. We have been together for close to 8 years. Tattoos don't automatically mean a person is a certain way lol
And no, I don't do drugs nor am I a huge fan of alcohol so the decision was made sober.
Yeah that was a weird take to have. If I would regret having tattoos in my 40s why would I still get new ones. I get them because I like it and it suits me. I don't know anyone who would get one by peer pressure. Only issues I had with them is in Japan, but it's a known cultural norm.

Last edited:

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
There is a cultural thing of “ I’m not special enough” going on today that’s the main cause of all the social turmoil. Tattoos are just another facet of that.
These days they get their breasts or dick removed, not tattoos.

Sybrix

Men aswell, it's not my thing.

I always think how is that going to look in 30 years time, a proper mess.

Tattoos used to be a real underground thing now everyone and their grandmother has got a Tattoo, very passé now.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

A lot of you have no idea why people get tattoos.

And whether a girl is hot or not does not depend on whether she has tattoos or not, it depends on what they are, where they are, and how well done they are.

Sometimes they look awful, sometimes they look amazing. I've seen both. Have been lucky enough to fuck a girl with the latter (a good few years ago now, mind).

Last edited:
Top Bottom