• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why did Knack 1 and 2 get such meh reactions/review?

Knack was an super boring tech demo with a garbage premise.
Making even two of them must have been one of the weirdest decisions of Sony.
Sony hopefully continues with Sackboy and Astrobot. Both are a million times better in every way.

Loved both. Completed them and still play them from time to time til this day. Need more games like this from Sony imo. Was a throwback to the old school platformers. PS4 had so much variety and the Knack games filled one of those niches. Hope they would still make Knack 3 for the PS5 with useage of the Haptic feedback.

_Ex_

I recently beat Knack 1 & 2 via local co-op on PS4, within the past few months. The first game isn't amazing, more like a tech showcase, but it's hardly terrible. Knack 2 is legitimately a good game, though. If you enjoy 3D platforming and beat 'em ups, and especially if you enjoy co-op gaming, Knack 2 is well worth playing. Mark Cerny did nothing wrong.

yurinka

Anyone else find them pretty enjoyable?
I think they aren't great but were ok for kids. I think they aren't bad games, but aren't as good as the average Sony developed game by a far distance.

As an example, from Japan Studio I think Pupppeteer, Gravity Rush series or The Last Guardian were way, way better. Or 2nd party titles published by them like Death Stranding, Bloodborne or Demon's Souls remake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom