• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why didn't Nintendo tell me that you can watch twitch.tv in the WiiU browser?

baphomet

well, that's good to know. i know for fact it didn't work the last time i checked (probably summer games does quick). but i already have a google tv so i just use that to watch twitch.tv for the most part.

FZZ

Banned
Yeah twitch recently started supporting HTML 5, they did it around the time of EVO I think because before that I couldn't watch it on my tablet.

fred

Hopefully this is the start of sites shifting from Flash to HTML5. Twitch and Justin pull their Premiership streams a bit sharpish but once the HTML5 ball starts rolling we could be seeing plenty of alternatives switching over. Will mean I can watch 2 matches at the same time!

Have never heard of Salty Bet until now, sounds like a laugh so will definitely check it out!

Jachaos

Web browsing? In a console? You're insane, buddy. Game machines play games.

Previous web browsers didn't really give faith to people it had any purpose though, while the Wii U's is the first that should show people it can be of use, heck, I prefer playing a Youtube video on the screen while browsing for another one or something else on the GamePad to using my Apple TV for iPhone mirroring.

Mileena

Banned
I'm watching fnatic vs. VeryGames with the gamepad set up right next to my laptop, fuckin sweet. I just wish nickreboot.com worked and I'd be praising Wii U browser right now.

Mr Jared

Yep, this was a very recent adjustment on our part. Nintendo asked if it were possible and so we made it compatible. Not much else to report, but it's definitely a nice to have.

Exile20

Yep, this was a very recent adjustment on our part. Nintendo asked if it were possible and so we made it compatible. Not much else to report, but it's definitely a nice to have.

Oh that is great. I doubt we are going get game streaming but this is really welcomed.

Nice job. I just found out about it this week by testing it on one of the GTA V streams.

Cody_D165

Banned
Holy shit, Twitch works now? SALTYBET HERE I COME!

Really? I'm surprised they aren't publicizing this fact more.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
back when I did this the lag between betting on salty bet and the stream was too much for me to handle most of the time (I had to make split second decisions on the bet) but it did work.

I wonder if it is any better, though I want to actually get some sleep or work done so I should stay away from ye olde salty bet.

qko

If the Twitch CM is answering questions... Does it make sense to try and make a Wii U app at all, if the website itself works without any hiccups?

Top Bottom