• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why has From Software not ported/re-released Metal Wolf Chaos?

MC Safety

It seems there was a bunch of these games that were translated but scrapped at the 11th hour. I'd love to know why and someone should come forward with the info.

That said: I'd also like to see these leak, but I'd doubt that'll happen and if it did it wouldn't be big news since there is no X-box emulator for the masses to run them.

Yeah, we reviewed Rent A Hero, too. It was all ready to go.

I had the disk for many years after the fact, but I think it was lost to time. It wasn't playable on a regular Xbox, mind.

Raide

Would prefer Otogi before MWC. From Software need to jump on the Kickstarter bandwagon and get some games made.

MC Safety

It's "out there".

I don't doubt it. The game was completely localized and all but to the market. We even ran ads for the game in Xbox Nation.

I forget the publisher, though. I don't think it was Metro 3D, the company that was bringing over Dinosaur Hunting.

Karuto

Yu Suzuki did Rent-A-Hero, right? I remember him talking up the fact that it was using the Shenmue engine and talking about all the possibilities it had...

The fact that all of us here are talking about a bunch of old games that we want to have remastered and brought to this generation may say something about the quality of games nowadays or the fact that many of them were nigh unobtainable.

I can understand it from all sides.

Metal Wolf Chaos has a cool everything but the whole President/VP beef makes for a hard sale elsewhere.

I'm intelligent enough to see the story as satire as most of us are but other people just wouldn't be able to get over that hump to save their lives.

I'm glad we have people like Vic who want to bring this to the masses regardless. Thank you sir. I really hope you can convince who you need to so we can all enjoy this game.

This does seem like a perfect time to bring the game out seeing as it is an election year and all. I can see FOX NEWS now. All the free publicity you could ever want.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
I don't doubt it. The game was completely localized and all but to the market. We even ran ads for the game in Xbox Nation.

I forget the publisher, though. I don't think it was Metro 3D, the company that was bringing over Dinosaur Hunting.

AIA.

jono51

Banned
Man, just watched some more vids of this and its such a shame there isn't an XBLA release. I'd instabuy it at a tenner, but on ebay its ~£100+ (!).

Figured it would be okay to bump since it's the 4th of July and 'MURRICA.

I'd buy a digital release of this game so fast it isn't even funny.

Top Bottom