• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why there's no Bud Spencer and Terence Hill movies tie ins?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ok they maybe are not so famous worldwide but who knows Bud Spencer and Terence Hill movies needs a brawler inspired to those awesomeness!

Little summary:

Typical Story:
Movies are always set in America or Latin America(if i'm not wrong), ad the story is basically always the same: Bud Spencer has a quiet life but in a way on in another he always get in troubles thanks to Terence hill that wants to defend someone from bad guys.

Typical Bud Spencer characters personality:
Lazy, greedy, a little egoist, loves his quiet life and never like Terence's character that puts him into troubles, willing or unwilling(mostly unwilling lol) it always ends helping the others. He is the funniest of the two.

Fighting Style:
Slow, with almost superhuman strength and resistance, 1 hit 1 ko.
funny_gifs_hammerblow_by_bud_spencer.gif

Typical Terence Hill characters personality:
Always smiling, altruist, loved by girls, even if sometimes he lies to Bud he is the prototype of good guy

Fighting style:
fast, heavy and acrobatic use of objects and surrounding structures. Something like Jacky Chan, but more crazy and with less kung fu.
DtHRi.gif

Enemies:
They are extremely stupid, ridiculous and "volatile"
spencer-hill-o.gif

i9dtIkkFAmPgq.gif

ib0ABMU2W3rxGr.gif

This is an example of fighting scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iia96lPKNzo

PS:
most of the gifs are taken from the bs&th thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=41138368#post41138368

PPS:
I always wanted to make a "lolol" or "trolol" gif from this chorus scene, but i don't know how to do it, Can you help me?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtH2NRS1k2o

Jako

I loved them when I was a kid, and i still enjoy most of the movies.

Even if they're almost always set in the US, they're very Italian movies, I didn't think they were known outside of Italy (unless you're Italian too).

Because americans are unaware of their greatness.

And let's be honest, no software house could make a Watch Out We're Mad brawler that could make justice to the movie.
Heck, almost no one can make a decent brawler!

Haunted

I'd play it.

Even if they're almost always set in the US, they're very Italian movies, I didn't think they were known outside of Italy (unless you're Italian too).
They were huge in Germany, too. Basically grew up with them, so many re-runs on TV. :lol

Celine

That would be too awesome :-D

I think they are popular in Germany too (but I'm italian).

Edit:
Beaten badly as by Bud Spencer.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
They're not popular enough on an international basis to make a BS/TH game a worthwhile endeavour, it's as simple as that. Their movies are, at least the ones I've seen, quite enjoyable though.

Rehynn

They're HUGE in Hungary. I love them to this day. My friend and I once competed to see who could quote more lines from Chi Trova un Amico Trova un Tresoro (not in Italian though, haha).

I'm not sure if the game would appeal to anyone outside Europe, but people here would eat it up, especially if it was done well, for course.

No publisher will risk any money on something that their perceived audience know nothing about. Even something that is known will be moulded to fit the current supposed popular game type. It sucks, but that's business.

DiscoJer

I've got a couple of their movies from the $1 DVD pile in grocery stores, but you never see any of their movies on TV in the US. Hell, you never see any of the many Django movies.

Dabanton

They were pretty popular movies in the UK home video market. Watched a load of these when I was younger.

Dad would get them out the video shop.

They just can't Game Over. They can't even lose a life or take a single shot. It's the real power of their movies: T.Hill and B.Spencer always win and they always know they will! I can see Ubisoft making a game about'em, they love autopiloted games :p

Haunted

With people from various European countries chiming in, looks like something like this could have at least EU-wide appeal. :p

tsab

I love their movies. But it saddens me because at this kind of age the game would be QTE:Bud Spencer edition.

-MB-

Pretty well known in Holland too, I'm guessing they're known everywhere in Europe.
Maybe less so in America I guess, eventhough Bud Spencer did have a TV Show there for a short while called ExtraLarge.

I think it would be an amazing an fun idea for a brawler. They are basically walking tropes.

Spain, Germany, Italy and france. They all know the greatness of bud spencer movies. Theyve been repeats all the tmes in you typical afternoon tv. Like 2 years ago we even had in spain an ad of bud spencer hitting people because he couldnt get money our of any ATM near him lol. I dont know if their movies were famius in the UK though.

I remember watching them with my grandfather durijg summer afternoons, what a great time. My grandfather's favourite actors are bud spencer and chuck norris, or how he calls him, chinorris lol

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
These awesome movies would be tough to properly adapt, but given an engine very competent at context sensitive animation and AI, see Uncharted 3 or TLoU for example, and they could make for great games.

Ok, I'm derailing the topic a bit. Can you list the top 5 Bud Spencer and Terence Hill movies? I assume I watched most of them but will rewatch.
They were really famous in Turkey too.

Sentenza

Now *this* is a thread I never expected to cross on NG.

Ok, I'm derailing the topic a bit. Can you list the top 5 Bud Spencer and Terence Hill movies? I assume I watched most of them but will rewatch.
They were really famous in Turkey too.
I have no idea how translations make them sound in other languages, but watched in italian They Call Me Trinity ("Lo chiamavano Trinità") is *by far* the most funny and clever of all their movies.
Dialogues are just hilarious.

Won

I am wondering the same for years now and came to the conclusion that life is just that unfair.

Necron

Somehow I'm imagining something along the lines of God Hand for the combat style... not sure why.

A lot of potential is there but I think no publisher would ever agree to it.

PetrCobra

I guess they were huge everywhere. In Czech Republic as well. Even the fakes Paul L. Smith and Antonio Cantafora and their Simone e Matteo films are famous here. Many people think they are the real deal.

So, errr... let's make a GAF game with those two. I'm just a beginner programmer and I'm terrible at art, but I can just, you know... tell the others what to do.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
oh boy, I do love them. My family loves them too. People are aware of their existence here in UK too, although, as far as I know, not as popular as in Germany

I've seen the Trinity movies and for those looking for advice, watch "Watch out, we're mad" . It's bloody HILARIOUS, basically a hectic cartoon with some really good stunts

this is the poster
watch+dvd+cananda.jpg

and the legendary gym fight scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN-zf7f3wxA

as for a videogame, yeah, it may be because they're popular but not that popular worldwide

Jako

oh boy, I do love them. My family loves them too. People are aware of their existence here in UK too, although, as far as I know, not as popular as in Germany

I've seen the Trinity movies and for those looking for advice, watch "Watch out, we're mad" . It's bloody HILARIOUS, basically a hectic cartoon with some really good stunts

this is the poster
watch+dvd+cananda.jpg

and the legendary gym fight scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN-zf7f3wxA

as for a videogame, yeah, it may be because they're popular but not that popular worldwide

I have to agree, even the soundtrack was epic!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
These awesome movies would be tough to properly adapt, but given an engine very competent at context sensitive animation and AI, see Uncharted 3 or TLoU for example, and they could make for great games.
Fuck that. This game needs Euphoria action but with impacts tuned not for realism but for action-comedy!

atomico

Their movies would air all the time on brazilian TV when I was a kid, over 20 years ago. And I'd watch them every chance I got, they were great fun.

But I had completely forgotten about those guys until now. Thanks GAF

Pity there's no PC version of God Hand. Replacing the main character with Terrence Hill would've been cool.

Alx

So I suppose they were well known across all Europe at least, since I also grew up watching their movies in France. I wouldn't say that they were "huge" here, but still popular. Very silly movies, though. I'm not sure I would watch them again (except for the Trinita ones, maybe), but I might show them to my (yet unborn) kids.

Top Bottom