• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Why was my son suspended from Xbox Live until 31/12/9999?"

NZNova said:
carrey22mj9.gif
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Striker

While Xbox Live CS is some times downright absurd, I gotta feel sorry for them in some cases like this. Makes you shake your head in disbelief.

cabel

Oh man, is this the first discussion on NeoGAF about this golden forum? Hooray!

I have an entire folder of screencaps of my favorite threads. This is one of them. You really need to read through it all for the punchline to have maximum impact.

xboxforum.png

Teknoman

cabel said:

I have an entire folder of screencaps of my favorite threads. This is one of them. You really need to read through it all for the punchline to have maximum impact.

xboxforum.png

Some of these are so hard to believe...but I know they are real.

xbhaskarx

Reticent Rhino said:

Ps. If you are going to say that I was supporting modding/hacking in my bio, that is my belief and what I like to express. I have the 1st amendment backing me up on that one. Freedom of expression. In the COC it says people can express themselves as ***/Lesbians/etc. Well I express myself as a modder.
:lol :lol

Wedge7

Oh god, these are incredible.

As was said, the best thing about them is that you cant make them up. People are truly this stupid, ignorant, foolish enough to do these things and still act indignant or surprised when they actually get caught or banned. Wonderful.

No one mentioned about that dude at PAX who asked about why he was banned? reason being he pirated forza 3, in front of like 200 people :lol

M3d10n

Teknoman said:
I dont understand how these people dont know that MS can read their profile/information.
Talking a bit seriously: the vast majority are probably kids or young teens.

While (most) adults quickly realize that everything you post on the public internet can be read by *anyone*, kids and teens have a hard time grasping that concept by themselves. They don't foresee that something they are posting online in the privacy of their bedrooms can be seen by unwanted people and possibly have real consequences.

This is why we have more and more cases of kids with obscene/racist/offensive online profiles (everywhere - not only XBLA) sharing all kinds of private matters (from intimate personal experiences to actual nude/sex photos/footage) and bewildered parents who just found those out (or not). A parent will often get to know more of their kids private life by reading their online profiles than they would ever get to by talking to them.

I plan to have kids and this kind of stuff scares me shitless.

cabel said:

http://panic.com/~cabel/forum/xboxforum.png[/QUOTE]
:lol
You can't make stuff like this up.

Their moderation team can be weird though, they found my gamertag inappropriate for some reason and was told to change it, so I put an e at the end instead of a y. Hopefully that's not ok either because I kind of feel like changing it, and if you're forced to change it you don't have to pay anything.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
These people really really fuck it up for the legitimate mistakes that sometimes happen.

I was once banned for a day for having the word "gay" in my bio. Fair enough, banned and unbanned and everything changed to 'Terms of Service'. I broke it and got what I deserved.

About 3 hours later I was banned again and given the same reason. I had changed my profile back to everything except omitting the bio entirely and yet I was banned for a week right after I changed my info.

I don't know, maybe they wanted to give me two bans or maybe they wanted 8 days and that's the only way they could do it, it just seemed weird at the time and I couldn't get any help because trying to post on that forum you're guilty until proven innocent.

mack999

Banned
trying to find out reason for bannnnnnning on my acount urmomsBJshurt 7 days REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't done anything as stupid as the forum posts over there but I did get a 48-hr ban in 2008 when COD4 came out :lol

For those who doesn't know this already -

You create a new infraction each time you change your anything in your profile and Save Profile and do not remove the inappropriate content, and you are suspended for each infraction which also incurs longer ban times as they escalate.

http://forums.xbox.com/31252186/ShowPost.aspx

red shoe paul said:
Hilarious response. :lol
I would've loved to see what the dad told his son right after that.

"Son I just talked to your Xbox moderator, he has nothing but bad things to say about you. As a result I am banning you from online gaming on any console until you are 21, now go do some community service."

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I almost bought UNO yesterday (PSN) to play with my little cousins.... Damn.
I want them to play online for the first time, not going to happen now.

This reminds me of an old site where a guy who owned a videogame store used to post stories about his clients, pretty funny stuff and he had the best comebacks, like the dude who wanted to return a video console and it was literally broke in half :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It really makes you wonder who would have thought it was actually a good idea to let people use cameras with a Live multiplayer game.
It's a wretched hive of scum and villainy, they should have seen it coming.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
The Omega Man said:
This reminds me of an old site where a guy who owned a videogame store used to post stories about his clients, pretty funny stuff and he had the best comebacks, like the dude who wanted to return a video console and it was literally broke in half :lol

One of my favourite sites ever: http://www.actsofgord.com/

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
AlexMogil said:
Q: I am still waiting on a moderator to contact me about this. I do not have a modded jtag xbox . I am actually talking about my xbox live account itself. The gamer tag is BPU x MoNoXiDe and I would like a moderator to contact me via the email on that account or the eamil on the account I am posting on. Please respond to this ASAP becasue I have tried everything possible as to figuring out this problem and no one has given me any information as to solving this problem.

A: You put "Alright heres a scenario for you: Suppose your mom sees me coming out of the shower and decides to come on to me. Im looking good. Got a luscious V of hair going from my chest pubes down to my ball fro and she takes one look at me and she goes "Oh my God." which is clearly inappropriate and against the Terms of Use

Huh.
:lol :lol :lol

McLovin

I got mooned in Burnout Paradise once. I thought it was pretty damn funny. But yeah kid shouldn't have both a camera on online.

TimmiT

i was shooting like 30 rackets a second out of my pistel and what do you know some kid was like im a mod and youre getting band, then all of a sudden my account logs out and i try to sign back in and im banned, this isnt fair i paid alot of money for my xbox and my xbox live each month, plus the games are so much money too, i want my account unbanned

please halpz!
http://forums.xbox.com/32196532/ShowPost.aspx
Wow :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This Gord site is the best. There is nothing sweeter than seeing hover parents get owned.

Kraftwerk

omfg :lol :lol i had no idea about this forum.THANK YOU.I had an accident yesterday so has been a shitty 24 hours but this just cheered me up so much :D

Costanza

Banned
cabel said:

xboxforum.png
:lol :lol :lol :lol

LQX

XBL can be a strange place. Last year someone kept sending me pictures of Sponge Bob they took with their vision camera.

Yen

I hope the mod on that site notices that all the children/early teens that have been banned have been playing games with "m" or "18" age ratings.

Yenrot said:
I hope the mod on that site notices that all the children/early teens that have been banned have been playing games with "m" or "18" age ratings.
They're not their parents, that's not their responsibility at all.

Top Bottom