• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 (Project Cafe): Officially Announced, Playable At E3, Launching 2012 [Updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

seady

Nintendo helped made Touch Screen gaming popular (before they were relevant), made Motion-Sensing gaming popular, made 3D gaming popular (well they are still working on it). All of them become the norm now in gaming. I wouldn't be surprise if their next step is cloud-based gaming. It's the hot topic right now...
even though it feels more like it's for the tech junkie and less translatable to the casual crowds (as with 3D, Motion, Touch etc). Maybe that's where the controller comes in to turn those into a translatable gimmick.

rezuth

seady said:
Nintendo helped made Touch Screen gaming popular (before they were relevant), made Motion-Sensing gaming popular, made 3D gaming popular (well they are still working on it). All of them become the norm now in gaming. I wouldn't be surprise if their next step is cloud-based gaming. It's the hot topic right now...
even though it feels more like it's for the tech junkie and less translatable to the casual crowds (as with 3D, Motion, Touch etc). Maybe that's where the controller comes in to turn those into a translatable gimmick.
Cloud based gaming will never happen and nintendo knows it.

Darryl

Banned
seady said:

Like streaming games over the internet like OnLive? No way. Nintendo is a family company and likes to appeal to everyone, there are still many people living in areas with bandwidth caps and slow internet.

I like the idea of cloud storage though. I could imagine Nintendo linking your memory card and your online Nintendo profile together. I think it'd be sick to be able to keep all of my save games for the future, and to be able to access them on my friends console.

Ashes

Banned
It'll probably have an i prefix of some kind. Nintendo i console or something. or maybe something left field, like the Nintendo frii.

Kenka

joshwaan said:
Super Mario World Remake De Cafe Version :)

Super Metriod Remake fucking day 1 :)

Super Mario World + Super Metroid redone with Orioto graphics for Café ? Hell yeah. Would suck to the bone. Too bad, it will just never never happen.

I almost reach the point where there is no hope for better tomorows. I'll just see what we'll get and that's it. Maybe I'll buy the console at some point.

While we Nintendo fans wait for E3 announcements, gamers on other consoles will have the delight to play Street Fighter x Tekken or El Shaddei. It sucks monkey reproductive system to be a Nintendo fan now.

watershed

Banned
iamaustrian said:
I'm 100% confident that Capcom is working on a beefed up Cafe version of Dragon Dogma at this very moment. It will be a launch game. mark my words

I'd like this very much. Open world games would seem to benefit most from some additional power. I'd love to see better textures, more complex geometry in the environments, trees, rocks, etc, less pop in, less stuttering when there is a lot of screen activity and other things that make the experience of open world games more seamless and convincing. HD Zelda anyone?

troushers

On live style streaming does not make sense. Built in 3g is probably the surprise ie. connectivity without broadband requirement. I'm also assuming the online infrastructure provider is also doing the 3ds, which explains the shop delay until announcement.

Instro

troushers said:
On live style streaming does not make sense. Built in 3g is probably the surprise ie. connectivity without broadband requirement. I'm also assuming the online infrastructure provider is also doing the 3ds, which explains the shop delay until announcement.

3G in a console...? Why?

Pimpbaa

herzogzwei1989 said:
Imagine every 3rd party 360/PS3 game that gets released on Cafe running at 60fps 1080p.

<wipes drool from face>
Pretty easy to do that right now if you like 1080p and 60fps.

mandiller

shadyspace said:
"We will be shipping 3DSWare point cards to retailers on X date".

The 3DS points cards are coming out on May 29 in the US apparently (according to a game store clerk). So the May update should be out on or before that date.

Yagharek

Pretty likely Cafe is going to get a lot of 3rd party 'test games' by means of easy ports one would think.

So you can expect ubisoft to try an ass creed game or similar, ea to port nfs and their sports games. Probably the real acid test will be activision putting a decent CoD game on it early on, and funny enough they have been one of the better 3rd party publishers on wii with cod4 and goldeneye.

Lets hope the big names sell well, as it will have a big impact on the systems future and longevity. Even if theyre only ports.

edit: although I would expect if it gets a CoD game, it will be the new one, be it mw3 or whatever is next in line.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
BMF said:
This could be interesting:

The retailer that revealed this is Games Maya. In addition to having an adorable puppy as its top image, which in my book instantly makes your blog credible (even if the puppy is clothed, which puppies really don't like), Games Maya is a hot spot for official retail demo events even though it's in the middle of nowhere.

I went to Games Maya once and don't recall seeing this little guy there.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/10/retail_meetings/
JOxf7.jpg

guys guys i think this puppy is the cafe controller

If "Project Café" can run Crysis 2 in 1080p @ 60fps i'll be amazed and will buy this thing day one. On 360 and PS3 the framerate drops sometimes to a shocking 14fps! (Digital Foundry). It's time for the real next-gen consoles... Xbox 3 @ E3 (i hope).

disap.ed

GANGSTERKILLER said:
If "Project Café" can run Crysis 2 in 1080p @ 60fps i'll be amazed and will buy this thing day one. On 360 and PS3 the framerate drops sometimes to a shocking 14fps! (Digital Foundry). It's time for the real next-gen consoles... Xbox 3 @ E3 (i hope).

I think this won't be far off to be honest. But will it run Crysis 1? And would it allow Global Illumination on consoles?

wsippel

Banned
disap.ed said:
I think this won't be far off to be honest. But will it run Crysis 1? And would it allow Global Illumination on consoles?
The RV770 Froblins techdemo used GI. I believe the famous OTOY demo was running on a RV770 setup as well (three way Crossfire).

wsippel said:
The RV770 Froblins techdemo used GI.

That was using predefined spherical harmonics, which consoles are doing already. The real-time GI Crysis 2 has on PC was developed for consoles but it looks like they dropped it to save performance.

AniHawk said:
he's trying to keep the topic on-topic.

one would think that posting the same false info over and over would result in a ban, but what do I know.

I figure every time that list is posted from now on I'll just quote it and submit the same reply. Perhaps everyone else could too and then every page would be exactly the same!

comedy bomb said:
one would think that posting the same false info over and over would result in a ban, but what do I know.

I figure every time that list is posted from now on I'll just quote it and submit the same reply. Perhaps everyone else could too and then every page would be exactly the same!
If you think the list is so out of place, go find a sympathetic mod.

BMF said:
If you think the list is so out of place, go find a sympathetic mod.

if you think that overly fake list is accurate enough to keep posting it over and over perhaps you should pm the thread starter and have them add it to the op

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
There is no way they are going to be able to keep everything under wraps until the 7th. I have to imagine some magazine article will release screenshots of a third party game or USA Today/WSJ article will reveal something.

With the E3 floorplan being out I just can't imagine that someone won't get booth pics out before the show and see the official console name/controller/system pictures plastered on the booth walls somewhere.

I have to believe it will be sooner than later

comedy bomb said:
if you think that overly fake list is accurate enough to keep posting it over and over perhaps you should pm the thread starter and have them add it to the op
Seriously dude, if you think the list is so out of place, go PM a mod or something. You're not adding anything productive to the conversation.

ElFly

JohnTinker said:
There is no way they are going to be able to keep everything under wraps until the 7th. I have to imagine some magazine article will release screenshots of a third party game or USA Today/WSJ article will reveal something.

With the E3 floorplan being out I just can't imagine that someone won't get booth pics out before the show and see the official console name/controller/system pictures plastered on the booth walls somewhere.

I have to believe it will be sooner than later

Maybe the final name of the console won't be revealed right now, Wii style.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
JohnTinker said:
As long as they're not UbiSoft shots. Better off having no information than false information.

UbiSoft on their game for Project Café said:
It can render trillions of hair strands, each with their own physics engine, at 120FPS
on a bald person

They need to just stream footage of an empty stage, all day, every day up until E3. See how long it takes for people to go completely mad. "They wouldn't do this without a reason!"

Zeal said:
this shit will be on its 5th thread by the time e3 rolls round.

Meh, I don't doubt that we'll have at least that many spawned on the day of the reveal itself. Hopefully the crazy will be containable in one thread at a time, but given the state this one's in, I don't like the chances.

Caramello said:
Bookmarked.

Now just need the confirmation that it'll be streamed live and in 3D via the 3DS browser!

I think Nintendo will give us trailer packages through the eShop but having the conference streamed in 3D would be awesome.
REGGIE IN 3D!

And yes, I hope Nintendo step their game up and update the eShop with 3D trailers and screenshots!

iamaustrian said:
I'm 100% confident that Capcom is working on a beefed up Cafe version of Dragon Dogma at this very moment. It will be a launch game. mark my words
That good looks generic and boring, bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom