• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii already sold out in the UK (Nov 2007), demand is unprecedented.

Ghost said:
Wii is 'it' this year like Robosapian was last year, well over 1/2 the people buying one have no idea why they want it, but they must have it.

I might put a sneaky bet on "HIGHSCHOOL MUSICAL" being Christmas No 1 in the games chart.
Could very well be, PS2 version of course and talking about Europe. It even has a sneaky "Featuring Singstar" gfx at the bottom. It'll sell very well to the Singstar crowd.

51SJOhYnURL._SS400_.jpg

CassSept

Walked in my shop on the day launch afternoon and just picked one up.
In my local shop ive few Wiis stading on shelves (i guess one can be even from launch). Games are hard to get, because they are almost never even properly distributed.
Seriously, only advantage of gaming in Poland is that you have no problems with buying Wii. I might even consider exporting them to UK

MisterHero said:

man look at the middle girl's breasts. all their faces are rather 'meh' but the middle girl's bulging meat is really delicious to look at. it almost feels real, like i can feel them under my fingers.

im sure this is no coincidence, tho, as the people who arranged for this photo made them hold those mario ball thingies. the middle girl, despite her rather overinflated and lackluster face and cheeks, her cloth-wrapped fleshsacks are almost as big as those glass mario balls

oh japan, sometimes your xenophobia and weird shit stuff scare me, but you always make up for it with tasty looking models that i can always google and oogle at.

laesperanzapaz said:
man look at the middle girl's breasts. all their faces are rather 'meh' but the middle girl's bulging meat is really delicious to look at. it almost feels real, like i can feel them under my fingers.

im sure this is no coincidence, tho, as the people who arranged for this photo made them hold those mario ball thingies. the middle girl, despite her rather overinflated and lackluster face and cheeks, her cloth-wrapped fleshsacks are almost as big as those glass mario balls

oh japan, sometimes your xenophobia and weird shit stuff scare me, but you always make up for it with tasty looking models that i can always google and oogle at.

...You need a woman.

laesperanzapaz said:

...wow...

In GAME at the weekend the guy was people harassed by a woman at the counter, he was trying to explain they had a 3week waiting list for what stock they were getting (10 a week) and the woman couldn't understand why they weren't making enough (According to her)

3 week waiting list......1 year after launch..........

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
laesperanzapaz said:

You know you just posted that out loud? We can all read what you thought there.

Innotech

Banned
laesperanzapaz said:

no one thinks dirty here sir. Take your luscivious thoughts elsewhere.

Lagaff

Gub'mint Researcher
Seriously so far nintendo make me comeback in console gaming wii is a lot of fun.
I was about toquit the console this gen and play on pc (ps3 expensive, xbox360 rrod..)
Now im planning to buy a ps3 in 2008 too :D

Evlar

Banned
... I'm sorta stuck on the part of the OP that implies people in the UK are paying £350 for a Wii through eBay.

Uh.

Wow.

laesperanzapaz said:

:O

like a bag of ... sand...

Segata Sanshiro said:
:O

like a bag of ... sand...
That's nothing.

Now imagine him actually masturbating, with his right hand wet with lube, his face doing the "oh yeah, you like that don't you" expression, his eyes wide, his mouth agape, his back slightly bent forward and his left hand pulling his balls. All that as of this very moment as his browser is pointed at this thread.

Innotech

Banned
titiklabingapat said:
That's nothing.

Now imagine him actually masturbating, with his right hand wet with lube, his face doing the "oh yeah, you like that don't you" expression, his eyes wide, his mouth agape, his back slightly bent forward and his left hand pulling his balls. All that as of this very moment as his browser is pointed at this thread.
GODDAMNIT YOU SONOFABITCH

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
titiklabingapat said:
That's nothing.

Eww....I got a mental image.

peetfeet

MisterHero said:
When I was in the Miyamoto Game Factory* and sorry, I couldn't get a better shot**. :(

Maybe there's an HD version of the commercial it came from (IIRC Mario vs. Donkey Kong GBA), I doubt it though. :(

*teh internetz

**this is the biggest one I could find on teh internetz

Dammit, cheers anyway old chap

i can vouch for the TC's sources, i work at Gamestation, we had like 35 Wiis last week and they were completely out on the day it was delivered.. not sure when we gonna get any in. :(

Dai Kaiju

Saitou said:
Denial and anger in the same post?

Trolls grow up so fast these days.

Let's just say...if I caught anyone who wasn't a little kid or soccer mom buying a Wii, I'd fuck them up. I'm not going to make any bones about it. The Wii is the Antichrist of gaming. I humbly await the second coming in 2009 to deliver us from evil. Believe.

Dai Kaiju said:
Let's just say...if I caught anyone who wasn't a little kid or soccer mom buying a Wii, I'd fuck them up. I'm not going to make any bones about it. The Wii is the Antichrist of gaming. I humbly await the second coming in 2009 to deliver us from evil. Believe.

Advocating violence over one's personal purchases?

You'll go far in life.

Dai Kaiju said:
:lol :lol :lol

holy shit!

Christine

Dai Kaiju said:

:lol :lol :lol

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Dai Kaiju said:

Hmm, stay at home in the holidays, your fists will thank you.

While you are at it, stay at home forever, we need less people like you.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Dai Kaiju said:
I don't understand.
confused.gif

Please explain what you mean by "Antichrist of gaming"?

Dai Kaiju said:

Anger Management much?

CTLance

Dai Kaiju said:
Oh you poor poor soul.

Jirotrom

laesperanzapaz said:

:lol :lol so horrible.

Haunted

Dai Kaiju said:
(neutral) Dai Kaiju
Banned
(Today, 09:24 PM)

Booda

SERIOUS. BUSINESS.

Haunted

I wonder just how many consoles Nintendo will be able to sell in November and December. We could be looking at historic worldwide numbers if they're able to produce enough.

Also: mods are cracking down on the annoying/trollish posters tonight, I've seen lots of bannings in numerous threads during the last couple hours. Awesome.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Haunted One said:
I wonder just how many consoles Nintendo will be able to sell in November and December. We could be looking at historic worldwide numbers if they're able to produce enough.
It doesn't matter how many they produce, there will not be enough to go round, so we will not be able to gauge what the 'real' sales are.

R&R

I came into this thread for...well, dont really know why I came here, but I stayed for the awesomeness :lol

Top Bottom