• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Motion+ news and discussion thread (rd 06/08/09 $19.99, WSR's bundle $49.99)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
jrricky said:
Oh wow. I wouldve bought the Tiger Woods bundle if it came before Wii Sports Resort. But this is going to sell shitloads.

I'm honestly not that interested in Wii Sports Resort, so the Tiger bundle is perfect for me.

dyls

schuelma said:
CONFIRMED:

Tiger Woods and Grand Slam Motion+ bundles in Europe

Tiger Woods bundle in N.A

http://www.mcvuk.com/press-releases/46533/EA-Sports-MotionPlus-bundles

GUILDFORD, UK.– April 21, 2009– EA SPORTS™, a label of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), today announced that the Wii™ versions of both Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 10 and EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis will be bundled with Nintendo’s new Wii MotionPlus™ accessory when the titles ship to stores this summer in Europe. In North America, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 will be bundled with the Wii MotionPlus accessory at launch.

Tiger Woods bundle is mine

Edit: Oops, pounds not Euro.

CaVaYeRo

Both Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 and EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis have been rated 3+ by PEGI and will have an RRP of £49.99 when bundled with the Wii MotionPlus.

We don't have Euro/$ price yet, so I Guess it's 59,95 bundled.

Fantastic news, and another indication that Nintendo are going to be pretty aggressive with this. Three bundles over the space of a month or so, one with a first-party title that should appeal to a huge chunk of the userbase and two with third-party games that should pick up other sections of the audience.

Just waiting on a Ubisoft Red Steel 2 + MotionPlus announcement now... ;-)

Eteric Rice

Looks like Nintendo wants to make this thing standard.

I wouldn't be surprised if WM+ was supposed to be there originally, but something side tracked it.

Davey Cakes

jrricky said:
Oh wow. I wouldve bought the Tiger Woods bundle if it came before Wii Sports Resort. But this is going to sell shitloads.
I'm really interested in what the numbers are going to look like.

Marvie_3

Banned
schuelma said:
CONFIRMED:

GUILDFORD, UK.– April 21, 2009– EA SPORTS™, a label of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), today announced that the Wii™ versions of both Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 10 and EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis will be bundled with Nintendo’s new Wii MotionPlus™ accessory when the titles ship to stores this summer in Europe. In North America, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 will be bundled with the Wii MotionPlus accessory at launch.

Yes! I have 2 copies(one is a father's day gift.) of the game only that I need to switch over to the bundle.

schuelma

Eteric Rice said:
So do we know if WM+ is going to release only after Wii Sports Resort, or will it be available before it?

Motion+ is out June 8th in N.A.

CaVaYeRo

Oh, Pay&Play confirmed in Tiger's WM+ box:

http://www.revogamers.net/noticias-...ma-los-juegos-con-WiiMotionPlus-incluido.html

12347.jpg

schuelma

Looks like the Tiger Woods N.A bundle is $60

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2009/4/21-66

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 has an MSRP of $59.99 when bundled with the Wii MotionPlus. Both products, which ship to stores on June 15 on the Wii in North America, will be available for $49.99 without the accessory.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
CaVaYeRo said:

I hate that style of drawing. It always screams shovelware to me. I don't know how to describe it, but I know it was used for Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam's boxart for instance. It's used for a crapton of DS/Wii shovelware too. It has to do with the lighting, I think, what with all the white areas everywhere.

Why is it that on the Wii, everything including the boxart has to look cartoony/non-realistic to an extent?

Anyway, quite agressive move. It'd be shocking if WM+ failed to gain traction.

schuelma

I find it very interesting that in the West, where the Wii is still doing incredibly well, Nintendo has secured some pretty significant support right out of the gate.

By contrast in Japan, where things aren't at all rosy, we don't even have a hint of any 3rd party games taking advantage of the tech.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
schuelma said:
CONFIRMED:

GODDAMMIT

I don't like golf. Why can't we get the tennis bundle? :(

markatisu

That is sweet as hell, I had been holding off getting a golf game till they got the controls just right but I might have to get this one since it comes with M+

Tiger bundle am sold.

I also don't like the somewhat goofy cartoon Tiger and the red isn't as bold. But then I saw the tennis cover and was happy enough.

Kifimbo

Judging by the previous success of game bundled with an accessory (Wii Fit, Mario Kart, Link Crossbow Training), this will problably sell millions. Unless people decides to wait for Wii Sports Resort, which I'm sure some will do, but Tiger Woods is such a well-known brand. The previous versions also sold well anyway.

JKBii

Kifimbo said:
Judging by the previous success of game bundled with an accessory (Wii Fit, Mario Kart, Link Crossbow Training), this will problably sell millions. Unless people decides to wait for Wii Sports Resort, which I'm sure some will do, but Tiger Woods is such a well-known brand. The previous versions also sold well anyway.
The good news is that Nintendo is being so aggressive about letting third party studios bundle this with their software. Now I wish High Voltage shoehorned some Motion Plus features into the Conduit so they'd have an excuse to bundle it with the game. Hopefully, M+ will become a standard very quickly.

schuelma said:
CONFIRMED:

Hooray! Three bundles for me probably, so just need one additional M+ - nice :D . Although my wallet will cry with all these games coming out in the near future :lol .

UK pricing, although never confirmed by Nintendo, judging by the trade price they've just set will be;

MotionPlus dongle accessory - £19.99 SRP
WSR + MotionPlus - £49.99 SRP

Damn, at the begginning of Iwatas revolution we got some very keen pricing, recently thats all out the window - See Wii Console trade price rise, DSi steep launch price, AC:LGTTC and Wii Musics higher street prices and now I've heard Pokemon Platinum will be £34.99 SRP.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Captain Chaos said:
UK pricing, although never confirmed by Nintendo, judging by the trade price they've just set will be;

MotionPlus dongle accessory - £19.99 SRP
WSR + MotionPlus - £49.99 SRP

Damn, at the begginning of Iwatas revolution we got some very keen pricing, recently thats all out the window - See Wii Console trade price rise, DSi steep launch price, AC:LGTTC and Wii Musics higher street prices and now I've heard Pokemon Platinum will be £34.99 SRP.

Pound is weaker than it used to be...

boiled goose

good with gravy
nice to see bundles...
too bad GST isnt bundled in NA. That would be my preferred one besides WSR.

Now all nintendo needs to do is include on WM+ with the console and all new wiimotes...

Jammy said:
I wish there was a bundle with Virtua Tennis 2009. :/

Yeah, I dont get WTF sports is launching so late.

I want sports resort + virtua tennis, but only one motion plus (I only own one controller)

Also, I wonder when/if theyre going to include it with the Wii console.

I can see the logic behind selling it separately from stand alone remotes... but they really should bundle it with the hardware,

$229 for Wii with wii motion plus remote this July?

jamesinclair said:

I can see the logic behind selling it separately from stand alone remotes... but they really should bundle it with the hardware,

So you are now saying the Wii will take a $30.00 price drop and come bundled with a $20 standalone accessory..

Uh no.

If I was in Nintendo's position, I would certainly be looking at:

• Bundling MotionPlus with all new remotes, perhaps upping the price by $5 or so if necessary;
  • Releasing a Wii Play+ / Remote+ bundle with the Remote, MotionPlus and a set of minigames showcasing MotionPlus;
  • Bundling MotionPlus with all new consoles. They could present it as adding value while maintaining their current price point.
That, plus first- and third-party bundles, would be a very aggressive way to try and build the MotionPlus userbase quickly.

markatisu

jamesinclair said:

Why would you think they would add M+ and drop the price?

I could see them bundle it and increase the price

1-D_FTW

Or replace Wii Sports with Wii Sports Resort and a M+. I know I'm definitely waiting till E3 before rebuying a Wii. If it's gonna happen, I'd expect news to at least leak then.

markatisu said:
Why would you think they would add M+ and drop the price?

I could see them bundle it and increase the price

Did you see march NPDs?

Sony and MS will be lowering their prices before August. Nintendo cant hold at 250 forever.

Top Bottom