• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii&PS3 pre-orders begin 10/29 at TRU

sspeedy

man, i hope people here aren't that hardcore :lol i'll check it out around 4p.m. and go in to make sure they'r enot gonna handout tickets at midnight...

do they tickets have #s on 'em? i.e. can we get those and just go home? or the tickets just say we were here for preorders, but we still have to hold our own #s in standing in line?

anyone have any tips for camping out? what if ya gotta go pee?? i might go midnight to 2a.m.ish... I want to be first in line, but people seem to be already in lines in CA (this is no CA though, but still heh).

wasting

Banned
lame, just called mine, they have 8 units, 7 of the 20gig (wtf) and 1 of the 60gig, and she said people are already camped out.. guess i'll be doing the 16th campout then

im going around 2PM when my shoot is over and will just sit there and wait til tomorrow so long as there's no more than 2-3 people in line.

god i hope not.

Drakken

Toms River, NJ TRU opens at 10. They said there's already someone waiting outside. Not sure how many PS3s they're going to have.

Mays Landing, NJ TRU opens at 10 as well - 2 people waiting there.

Xdrive05

I think I'm going to try to get there about 2 1/2 hours early. A lot of the folks are going to be waiting on Elmos and whatnot. Not even going to try for a PS3 but I think I'll still have a good shot at a Wii.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Can anyone tell me if Costco will be doing pre-orders or is it first come....?

I hope the TRU in my location will have a decent amount of pre-orders.

Alts

I called the TRU in Redwood City, CA. Guy said he didn't know how many PS3s they were going to get, and was generally uninformative. He also said nothing about people being in line already. Calling Sunnyvale and San Mateo next.

Hunahan

Banned
Chicago, IL (Western Ave) - 10 people in line already (3pm) - 7 preorders available....and get this....they're letting customers order two a piece for some reason (brilliant).

Done deal for this neck of the woods.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Lake Grove, NY TRU... giant camping tent set up with about 10 or so 16 year old kids (mix of boys and girls)... considering this area, their parents are probably rich as hell already and they don't even need the money. **** this, I'm done. Some of my friends are planning on camping out at Best Buy the night before launch, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to make it, due to work and all.

Mrdayglo

Columbia, MD. Just stopped by the TRU about 4:30pm there were 7 people there out of the 8 consoles they had, they asked if i was getting in line for the ps3. I laughed and walked away. So i'll be there about 6am for thier 9 am opening to capture one the the 15 Wii's they will have for pre-order.:)

no_to_co

News Flash: ALL the Toys are Us in So Cal have 5-10 people camping there. I called a bunch and drove around, and more people are camping at each one than there are PS3 preorders.

Raistlin

Checked out a TRU in Amherst, NY.

Supposedly they will have 5 or 6 PS3's available for pre-order. There are 6 people camped out.

After the Sabres game tonight, I'm going to stop at 2 other ones in the area. On the off chance there aren't more people than consoles at those (I'm going to try to get allocation in a little bit), I'll consider camping.

I'm not feeling very well right now though, so I'm going to have to play it by ear even if there is room in line.

is it really worth spending alot of your precious time for more than 12 hours in front of a dam store for the preorder? i really think thats kinda unhealthy

~that said i might do it

Alts

I have to read a very large book on Yugoslavia for a class of mine, so i figure I'll just be sitting around today anyway. I might as well do it in a line.

Called Redwood City again. Managed to get some information out of the lady, "a couple" people started camping last night. Figure I've got a chance. Heading over there in a few hours.

Hunahan said:
Chicago, IL (Western Ave) - 10 people in line already (3pm) - 7 preorders available....and get this....they're letting customers order two a piece for some reason (brilliant).

Done deal for this neck of the woods.

as a matter of interest, who told you about the 7 available? i was there just after you, and the guy i asked gave me some bullshit answer (friendly, bearded, portly fella in the R Zone). but yeah, forget waiting there.

Bog

Junior Ace
Just dropped off some Taco Bell for Brutus. He's first in line and a couple of teenagers are behind him.

cvxfreak

Alts said:
I called the TRU in Redwood City, CA. Guy said he didn't know how many PS3s they were going to get, and was generally uninformative. He also said nothing about people being in line already. Calling Sunnyvale and San Mateo next.

Oooh! How did those next two go?

momolicious said:
is it really worth spending alot of your precious time for more than 12 hours in front of a dam store for the preorder? i really think thats kinda unhealthy

Eh, It's not so bad staying overnight since your day is done and you're just giving up some sleep, but hell if I'd waste a whole 24 hours+ camping. Especially if you were gonna ebay it, the "profit" would only end up being equivalent to a couple days of work at a few extra bucks an hour. Not worth it :p

Ace R.

All the TRUs in San Diego are done. The one I'm at has 8 systems.. 7 - 60GB, 1 - 20GB

Got here first at 1am with my group of 7 but that's nothing compared to the people that lined up at another locaction on friday 12pm

The wait continues X_X

Shawn128

Ace R. said:
All the TRUs in San Diego are done. The one I'm at has 8 systems.. 7 - 60GB, 1 - 20GB

Got here first at 1am with my group of 7 but that's nothing compared to the people that lined up at another locaction on friday 12pm

The wait continues X_X
O_O dear god

::lovingly holds ps3 preorder::

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
I posted this in the resistance thread but I guess I'll post it here too.

Well I am sad to announce that I will not have a PS3 this Christmas. All ToyRus around my area have about 20 people waiting. Many of them since yesterday. I can't compete with people this hardcore.

=(

I hope you bastards enjoy Resistance. Think about me while you shatter the glass of the windows and kill a few chimera in my name. I'll join you at the end of year or early next year.

TheProfessor said:

Well I am sad to announce that I will not have a PS3 this Christmas. All ToyRus around my area have about 20 people waiting. Many of them since yesterday. I can't compete with people this hardcore.

=(

I hope you bastards enjoy Resistance. Think about me while you shatter the glass of the windows and kill a few chimera in my name. I'll join you at the end of year or early next year.

Dude, don't give up hope!

There are plenty of places you could camp out the night before the PS3 release, right?

I drove by the closest TRU to me just for shits and giggles, and there were like 10 people lined up at NOON. Bah. Now I need to decide between Costco, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
TheProfessor said:

=(

You think you would be up for camping on the 16th? My local best buy is supposed to get about 50-60 units, maybe yours could be in the same luck?

edit: beaten by SHOTEH FOCK OP. :p

Bad_Boy said:
You think you would be up for camping on the 16th? My local best buy is supposed to get about 50-60 units, maybe yours could be in the same luck?

edit: beaten by SHOTEH FOCK OP. :p

Holy shit! 50-60? Is this the going allocation for a Best Buy?

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
well The game section employees at my BB said they were getting more ps3 than they did 360, and they got 25 360's. I think gamespot/EB games are getting less this time(do make sure there isn't another mess) and that sends more untis to other retail stores

RumFore

Banned
All the TRU's by me are saying people are already camping outside when I call. I think there lying so people don't come and wait. I am going to check them tonight at midnight.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
yeah, its not a surprising number considering there are much less Best Buys accross the states compared to the thousands of ebgames + gamestops. I think theres only about 700 or so Best Buys.

Miguel

:lol According to all 3 TRUs, there are people lined up (6+) per store already, each store is getting 5/1 as far as I can tell. (PS3s)

I'm gonna drive by tonight anyway. :p

Raistlin

I believe I have 4 Best Buy's in my area (two mall stores, and two stand-alone).

There should be good times there next month.

The closest one to me was just CHAOS during the 360 launch (I was camped out at Walmart down the street from it).

Barrel fires ... kegs ... it was awesome!! :lol

BobTheFork said:
well The game section employees at my BB said they were getting more ps3 than they did 360, and they got 25 360's. I think gamespot/EB games are getting less this time(do make sure there isn't another mess) and that sends more untis to other retail stores

Well couldn't that be anymore untrue.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
You guys have given me hope. thats it I am taking off thursday from work so I can camp out thursday morning.

Thank you for the words of encouragement.

The problem is living in New York City too many people in one little area.

edit: Thusrday 11/16

LJ11

TheProfessor said:
The problem is living in New York City too many people in one little area.

I understand where you're coming from, but we also have a Sony Style store on Madison Ave. They will have more than any other store in the Tri-State for sure.

sspeedy

Ok, yeah, I'm in DE. I get there around 5p.m. Me and friend are like #s 11 and 12. We get told by the people that manager just told them there are only 10 ps3 preorders. I tell my friend to hold the spot, go in, and ask a worker, he claims 11. I run out all happily. The one woman in line is like 'I'd ask Bob the manager; those workers don't know anything'. I find Bob, who lookslike a prick, he tells me 10, without ever looking at me even. Asshole.

So, we're like, **** this.

There were 2 white guys, 1 butch woman, 7 black guys. You could tell they were mostly scalpers. They were openly discussing about selling them online.

The wind outside sounds vicious. I'm glad I'm at home in warmth.

Oh yeah, my little sister is in FL. I asked her to drop by her local TRU tomorrow morning at 7a.m. I call there, only to find there are 4 preorders with people outside already. I told her not to bother with one.

I am sooo bummed :mad: I hope those scalpers didn't know anything about the Ebay requirement and get screwed over.

How about the rest of you? Any luck at TRU?

crunker99

Look at this nutballs, and one of the worst storms in recent mremory going on too!!

gr.image.jpg

gr.image.jpg

more: http://www.gamersreports.com/media/769/

Top Bottom