• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U/3DS eShop credit importable to Switch eShop [info from the leaked docs]

Seen a lot of posts wondering about the fate of Wii U/3DS eShop credit in the transition to the Switch. Might seem obvious but given it's well, Nintendo, you never really know. Wii/DSi credit was never transferred and WiiU/3DS balance was separate for some time.

So... here's a little tidbit I came across in the leaked Switch docs over in this thread:

Linking With Nintendo Accounts

A link to a Nintendo Account can be set for each user on the NX. After an account has been logged in to on the NX, there is no need to log in again (to reenter a password), aside from a few exceptions like certain errors.

By linking to a Nintendo Account, not only will users be able to play online games on the NX, but they will also be able to use services like the following to which the link is made external to the NX.

Purchasing of content (from official websites) using smart devices and PCs.

Importing resources like NNID eCash from older hardware.

Recommending friends made in non-NX applications.

This would seem to imply that eShop credit from your Wii U / 3DS can be imported to the Switch eShop.

Apologies if this isn't deemed new thread worthy. The other thread has basically devolved into a spec war mess so I think it may be worth a separate thread.

NolbertoS

Thats great news. I hope VC titles on the 3DS, and Wii U that one paid for will be allowed a transfer to Switch VC.

It's nice that we know this threw leak docs but I really wish Nintendo would officially state this. This should feel like a no brainer but with Nintendo you never know.

Awesome. Hope they'll also have Switch-specific eshop cards available day one, so I can pick one up when I pick up my console

Glad...since I have $150 on there with no plans on buying any digital games on Wii U nor 3DS.
Would also be bad if the 3DS currency didn't work with Switch since they're gong to be supported together

Top Bottom