• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Basic £99.99

AHA-Lambda

It's sold out.

crying-indian-1.gif

Haunted

Boom it's gone

If Nintendo were serious about this generation in the long term, they'd put this as the new regular price and eat a couple hundred millions in losses for the short term. Just get that thing out there!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Thats what it says when you click the ? over delivery

Thanks, was on my phone and couldn't see that. Looks like I'm outta luck, despite living about 20 mins from the border.

I am actually shellshocked at missing out on this. I've been wrapping my brain about getting a WiiU for weeks, I was literally on Tesco 2 hours ago, but I missed it by a whisker :(((.

near

Gold Member
Crap! Just called my local Tesco and they don't have it in stock, was literally about to walk out my house to go pick it up, thankfully I made the call. Arghhhh Nintendo!!

Eolz

Once I logged in it said out of stock, wasn't gonna buy one anyway

"It's not like I wanted a WiiU or anything, b-baka!"

If Nintendo were serious about this generation in the long term, they'd put this as the new regular price and eat a couple hundred millions in losses for the short term. Just get that thing out there!

You're joking right? As said before, didn't work for the gamecube, and they prefer riding it out with small profits rather than losing money again.

Davey Cakes

For the equivalent of $150, the Wii U provides a lot of quality entertainment.

Congrats to those who are able to nab it at that price.

Bricky

Even the Wii U sells out for that price, would be pretty sad if stock for a deal this insane lasted longer than a day (or even a few hours).

Mocca-Bear

Neo Member
Reminds me of the €99,- Gamecube push, interested to see if we're going to reach that official sales point in the near future.

It is not a deal until someone has it in their cold bloody hands. I was burned several months ago by John Lewis who claimed to have 1000 Basic Wii U w/ NSMBU for £115. Order canceled as they blamed a supplier and John Lewis wouldn't give me any compensation* for the pending charge they issued (heres a fucking idea, don't make a pending charge until you've checked the item actually exists). A similar price point makes me wonder if it is the same shoddy supplier.

*-In-store I got NSMBU for £10 so thats okay.
I ended getting a used NSMBU Premium bundle a week later and sold NSMBU for £14 so maybe it worked out for the better?

Where's my US of A version of this sale?!
I'd much rather have $200 "refurbished" premium consoles on tap from NOA than wild goose chases/hope you were glued to your PC 24/7 for the 50 minute deal.

Newline

Sad that I missed it. £99 is a price that i'd bite at, the current library makes it worth it even if it completely tanks tomorrow.

Top Bottom