• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Basic £99.99

Godan

Been thinking of getting a Wii U recently but only want a few games for it. I also would like to know if I am able to play Wii games on it as I want to get the last Zelda game the was out on then Wii. Do i also need to get the Wii controller thing for it as well if i want to play Wii games on it?

oni-link

Been thinking of getting a Wii U recently but only want a few games for it. I also would like to know if I am able to play Wii games on it as I want to get the last Zelda game the was out on then Wii. Do i also need to get the Wii controller thing for it as well if i want to play Wii games on it?

You can play Wii games on it, but you will need a Wiimote

Erasus

Dont have a WiiU but I googled
http://en-americas-support.nintendo..._id/1145/~/how-to-play-wii-games-on-the-wii-u

http://**************/wii-u-backwards-compatibility/

Godan

You can play Wii games on it, but you will need a Wiimote

And a sensor bar. Don't forget the sensor bar.

Thanks sure I can pick them up cheap somewhere.

Pass a tesco on the way home from work so will see if they have any of they Wii U's in stock and pick one up.

Edit

Thanks just cant get on anything gaming really when in work.

OMFG I managed to get one. Lego WiiU Premium £84.

After wanting a WiiU for weeks and being misled by prices of £110 and £130 for the Premium at GAME (in-store price, no stock anywhere). Then missing out on Tesco's £99.00 website deal for the White here I am.

Since Monday I've phoned up a bunch of stores with no luck. I didn't go to any stores though. Funnily enough the store I finally got it from was the nearest big Tesco to me. I tried calling them yesterday but didn't get through. Perhaps it was for the best as otherwise they might have snagged it for themselves. There was absolutely 0 Nintendo stuff on shelves so I asked them to check out back, and after about 10 minutes the guy returned with a Lego bundle and a Mario U bundle. The Mario U Bundle is £229 on the website (I didn't ask them to check the price, doubt it's cheap).

So absolutely chuffed. Time to get my Mario 3D World on! FINALLY!

Oh and it was a SuperStore. On Tesco's website they claim that SuperStore's don't stock games.

oni-link

After wanting a WiiU for weeks and being misled by prices of £110 and £130 for the Premium at GAME (in-store price, no stock anywhere). Then missing out on Tesco's £99.00 website deal for the White here I am.

Since Monday I've phoned up a bunch of stores with no luck. I didn't go to any stores though. Funnily enough the store I finally got it from was the nearest big Tesco to me. I tried calling them yesterday but didn't get through. Perhaps it was for the best as otherwise they might have snagged it for themselves. There was absolutely 0 Nintendo stuff on shelves so I asked them to check out back, and after about 10 minutes the guy returned with a Lego bundle and a Mario U bundle. The Mario U Bundle is £229 on the website (I didn't ask them to check the price, doubt it's cheap).

Oh and it was a SuperStore. On Tesco's website they claim that SuperStore's don't stock games.

Congrats

Every time this thread gets bumped I get my hopes up that there has been another amazing deal :(

Prine

Banned
If I had the time to play as much games as id like I'd purchase this for Mario Kart and Mario 3D world, and the next Zelda. Ah well, good price.

Volotaire

Nice one!

oni-link

Does anyone know where the cheapest place to get a Wii U is atm?

I think the basic model is £132 on Amazon, which is pretty lame when it's gone for £84 and £99 recently

Does anyone know where the cheapest place to get a Wii U is atm?

I think the basic model is £132 on Amazon, which is pretty lame when it's gone for £84 and £99 recently

Basic Model is currently £159 on Amazon which is a lot worse than the £199 Bundle with Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D Land, Wii Party U and Nintendoland that they had last year that I ended up getting, it's currently unavailable though.

oni-link

Basic Model is currently £159 on Amazon which is a lot worse than the £199 Bundle with Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D Land, Wii Party U and Nintendoland that they had last year that I ended up getting, it's currently unavailable though.

Yeah I had that on my wishlist for 2 weeks and the day I went to pull the trigger it was unavailable haha, then I missed the £99 and £84 deals because I finish work at 6pm and didn't make it in time

£159 is way more than I'm willing to pay, under £120 and i'd bite, which is why I asked where it's cheapest at the moment

I went to a Tesco Extra last night in hope of picking up a cheap Wii U and their display for anything Wii U was basically relegated to a Disney Infinity/ Skylanders extravaganza with a side of Nintendo, was a shame to see.

I went to a Tesco Extra last night in hope of picking up a cheap Wii U and their display for anything Wii U was basically relegated to a Disney Infinity/ Skylanders extravaganza with a side of Nintendo, was a shame to see.

My local Tesco Extra was the same. Had just 4-5 Wii U games at stupidly high prices below a bunch of Skylanders figures.

oni-link

Waiting for this deal to repeat somewhere is what is stopping me from grabbing the £199 32gb mk8 bundle on amazon right now

oni-link

Friend of mine picked that one up yesterday. He couldn't wait anymore...

Its not a bad deal, basically 160 for the 32gb version and then 40 for the game, but man, 99 or 84 like some people paid in this thread, surely another deal like that will come along soon

Its not a bad deal, basically 160 for the 32gb version and then 40 for the game, but man, 99 or 84 like some people paid in this thread, surely another deal like that will come along soon

Outside of shops shifting surplus stock, deals tend to be annual and cyclical, so any upcoming deals will likely appear at easter bank holiday weekend

oni-link

this deal is better honestly if you're even remotely interested in VC/eShop titles. (assuming you want mk8 of course)

I do want MK8 and based on the fact even the large model has only 32gb I think an external HD will be needed regardless of which model you get, so I'd be just as happy with the basic

Top Bottom