• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Other peoples opinion don't matter for me, what really matter is the fun I'll have (or not) with the Wii U.
I don't see the point of defending the Wii U everytime because you'll never change someone's opinion.

Anth0ny

qqlEw.jpg

Christmas 2012. Nice.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Eurogamer: Ninja Gaiden on Wii U is the "Hardcore fan package."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-15-ninja-gaiden-3-on-wii-u-is-the-hardcore-fan-package

Includes this interesting tidbit:

Eurogamer has already had a peek at Ninja Gaiden 3 on Wii U - an E3 build which lacked the technical fidelity of the original. But this was just an early version, Hayashi reassured.

"We had to drop polygons, characters, stages, play around with the frame-rate to get it out there. It was a really rough version. But the Wii U devkit has since improved and we're now working on updated hardware. The E3 version was not good."

D-e-f-

Banned
What would happened If someone broke their WiiU gamepad though? Will you be SOL?

Send it to Nintendo, get it fixed/get sent a replacement. Just like with a console. Or do you run out and buy a new system immediately?

By the time your warranty is up, there will be multi-pad games and you will surely be able to purchase them in some way.

Eurogamer: Ninja Gaiden on Wii U is the "Hardcore fan package."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-15-ninja-gaiden-3-on-wii-u-is-the-hardcore-fan-package

Includes this interesting tidbit:

Really, most people seemed to think it looked good! The PS360 version always looked good anyway, so, good stuff!

Here's some ZU developer gameplay. Good gameplay but iffy playback quality.

http://gotgame.com/2012/08/15/zombiu-interview-with-story-design-director-gabrielle-shrager/

Meelow

Banned
Now what did you smoke this morning? :)

We can be lucky if we hear about A new game. The other stuff won't happen this "early."

How'd you know? lol, I'm kidding.

I can believe Virtual Console because Nintendo announced the Virtual Console for Wii at E3 2005 so I 90% expect the announcement of Virtual Console for Wii U at Nintendo Direct, a new game is just hoping, and the tech demo showing off Wii U's true power is for the people that still think it's not next gen.

Sadist

So, one week away from the next Nintendo Direct? Do they have one or wait till September? Or would you prefer them to wait till September?
It's speculation at this point, but based on the past ones I'm still pretty confident we'll get one next week. I'm expecting a 3DS focus though, because of the 3DS XL and NSMB 2 release. Wii U stuff will be minimal I suppose.

D-e-f-

Banned
I've heard that kind of talk before. Didn't end as expected.

Besides, is this next ND supposed to be the 'fall conference' or not?

We don't know. We're just assuming they keep the 2-month cycle which would mean a Nintendo Direct at the end of this month which could double as their pre-TGS blowout they do every year.

But they could just as well skip the ND and do an actual Fall conference in September around TGS time.

Hoodbury

It's speculation at this point, but based on the past ones I'm still pretty confident we'll get one next week. I'm expecting a 3DS focus though, because of the 3DS XL and NSMB 2 release. Wii U stuff will be minimal I suppose.

But if it's an official Iwata one, they already have the 3DS XL in Japan so wouldn't you think he would focus on the future now?

Oidisco

Really, most people seemed to think it looked good! The PS360 version always looked good anyway, so, good stuff!

Here's some ZU developer gameplay. Good gameplay but iffy playback quality.

http://gotgame.com/2012/08/15/zombiu-interview-with-story-design-director-gabrielle-shrager/

Did anyone catch that message pop up at around the 2 minute mark? At 1st I thought it was an achievment, but it's actually a message saying another player has been infected and the zombie is now roaming around the area.

brainpann

So, one week away from the next Nintendo Direct? Do they have one or wait till September?

I think we will get one in a week and it will focus on Wii U, mostly because GS has received all the promotional materials. Here's hoping there some truth to the October release rumors :)

Sadist

Well... looking back on Shocking Alberto's tidbits I'd say (my own speculation) Iwata wants to give the 3DS one last push before revealing everything Wii U. So, future 3DS releases.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Did anyone catch that message pop up at around the 2 minute mark? At 1st I thought it was an achievment, but it's actually a message saying another player has been infected and the zombie is now roaming around the area.

Yes, it's the zombified version of the character of one of your friends, online.
if you chase his zombi and kill it, you can gain his equipment.

ozfunghi

Completely serious. Because of a (disagreeable) opinion on the Wii U this guy is apparently a liar. A liar about having his and his co-workers job security screwed over and unappreciated by THQ. A bullshitter. Implied he's not important, too, and has a worthless opinion.

Because he doesn't like the Wii U.

He was asked for his personal opinion on the Wii U in a small portion of an interview otherwise dedicated to a completely separate topic.

You, I, we might disagree with him. Best get used to disagreeing with how some people feel about the Wii U, and fast.

Acidic, defensive posts like this ones are why so many people don't want to deal with some posters in this thread when it comes to the topic of the Wii U.

I'm sorry, but i find it extremely hard not to counter this bullshit (hey, just an opinion) with a snide remark or sarcastic oneliner... and i guess with that, i just failed.

So, the guy has no hands on with the console, has not worked for it (basically his opinion on the matter is no more backed up than any one's on this forum), yet he knows for a fact that it is crap. Well, he must have read some different hands-on previews than i, because most i've read, aren't negative at all.

He is also flat out wrong concerning the UI. Why should it be innovative? Why can't it just deliver added value in gameplay or controls? Why does it have to be something no other game has done? Oooh, a second analog stick, we can make FPS games now! - Nope, aaah shucks, somebody else already used that stick to control a character in a FPS. What is this bullshit? This guy is trolling plain and simple. But this is nothing new. Devs have trolled hardware before. The real disturbing part, is the fact that you are defending him from the perspective that the guy is entited to his opinion. Well sure, and so am i. He's an idiot and a troll.

Meelow

Banned
Well... looking back on Shocking Alberto's tidbits I'd say (my own speculation) Iwata wants to give the 3DS one last push before revealing everything Wii U. So, future 3DS releases.

I think it will focus on Wii U, Nintendo really has to start talking about the Wii U now and the Nintendo Direct is the first step to that before release.

jerd

I think it will focus on Wii U, Nintendo really has to start talking about the Wii U now and the Nintendo Direct is the first step to that before release.

Yeah I really think it will be Wii U. Nintendo really needs to start building hype if they want to have a great launch.

Hoodbury

Yeah I really think it will be Wii U. Nintendo really needs to start building hype if they want to have a great launch.

I also think they really need to set a date and price so the game stores with the promo material can start answering some questions that customers will have when they see those boxes.

jerd

Is there mention of the Wii U having an achievement system? I will be glad if it doesn't, i never liked it.

There is an optional one but it hasn't really been detailed yet. I agree that they are silly, but I don't think you should be hoping that there isn't one. It doesn't really have any negative effect on the game, and leaving them out would only alienate those who like them. I don't chase them, but it isn't like it bothers me that they are there.

jerd

I also think they really need to set a date and price so the game stores with the promo material can start answering some questions that customers will have when they see those boxes.

Plus I need to know how much money I need to set aside for the system and 3 games... I'm assuming $480 + tax.

Ugh... sounds like a lot of money now that I look at it...

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

Well, remember that Alberto was speaking mostly about the U.S. NSMB2 has been out for a few weeks in Japan, and Nintendo Direct's are first and foremost Japan based.

I won't say it is a certainty, but I would be pretty surprised if there was no Wii U news.

Meelow

Banned

Pretty much, I wouldn't be shocked if we got the release date and price at the Nintendo Direct.

While unlikely, I really hope the game prices don't increase to $60.

If there's anything I absolutely need at launch, it's New Super Mario Bros. U. If Nintendo Land isn't packed in, I'll strongly consider getting it at a later date. As it is, however, I'll likely only purchase one game at a time. In the end, though, I'll have games like Darksiders II, Rayman Legends, and Project P-100. For me, the launch window games are almost too good. I've always been comfortable buying one game every couple of months, and I've never really had a backlog before.

Sadist

Well, remember that Alberto was speaking mostly about the U.S. NSMB2 has been out for a few weeks in Japan, and Nintendo Direct's are first and foremost Japan based.

I won't say it is a certainty, but I would be pretty surprised if there was no Wii U news.
I'm keeping my expectations in check :p

We still don't know if there's going to be an August Nintendo Direct. I hope so... Nintendo has been awfully quiet for the last month.

jmizzal

I really hope there is one next week. If there is one, what do you guys expect to see? Anything new?

They have to announce that preorders are open at least, they cant have those WiiU ads up in stores too long without preorders being open or a release date it makes no sense.

We should get some WiiU news but the big WiiU blowout will be in Sept.

D-e-f-

Banned

that, along with the old Killer Freaks multiplayer (one player with "strategy view" is the zombie master, the other with pro controller plays basically CTF against AI controlled by Wii U pad player) were was revealed at E3 already. weird that some people missed that. the multiplayer was even one of the two playable modes.

the message pop up is part of their dark souls/demon's souls mechanic. you can leave messages in the environment for your friends and friends who died will spawn in your game as zombified enemies with their name above their head.

all old info basically.

Meelow

Banned
I'm keeping my expectations in check :p

We still don't know if there's going to be an August Nintendo Direct. I hope so... Nintendo has been awfully quiet for the last month.

Nintendo usually announces the date for Nintendo Direct a day or two before so we should hopefully get the date soon.

D-e-f-

Banned
But the time span between announcement and the show is shrinking with each installment.

Nintendo: NINTENDO DIRECT IS ON RIGHT NOW.

Nintendo is slowing going all Hip Hop and will ultimately end up in a freestyle cypher where they just randomly assemble to spit out news off the top without getting clearance! They won't even broadcast those events but do them in public and bystanders have to catch them with tape recorders and then sell them out of their trunks. "Yo! You got that new Nintendo Direct mixtape?" ;-)

Send it to Nintendo, get it fixed/get sent a replacement. Just like with a console. Or do you run out and buy a new system immediately?

By the time your warranty is up, there will be multi-pad games and you will surely be able to purchase them in some way.
I run out and buy a new controller everytime though. I see, we will just have to send it in.

I had 2 rrod 360 this generation. The next day I had a new one. Not if it matters or anything just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom