• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

As Iwata said (paraphrasing): " I know most of our fans already expected Nintendo to do updates like these" then he revealed their hardcore titles.
I won't mind the game, just more exciting for the games focused on the hardcore.

That's ok, I understand people wanted some Nintendo MEGATON, it's been a while since we got one.

Just woke up to the news. Pretty random, but am I the only one that always reads Nintendo EAD as "Nintendo eat a dick?"

...Quite possibly.

Anyway, pretty dubious about the Yoshi game. Keeping an open mind but even most of the "hardcore" nintendo platformers are not for me. Expecting this to be pretty basic if not pretty. However this would be good for the kids.

Not a zelda fan, especially not Wind Waker but it does look pretty enough. The jrpg looks pretty darn sweet.

Overall this is probably enough to get me to jump in on the WiiU if and when we get actual PAL release dates. No use buying for the kids if they are 20 by the time those games come out.

_woLf

Reading the hype progression in the reactions was fun XD

This.

"This nintendo direct fucking sucks we have to wait until E3----OH MY JESUS OH MY DAYUM"

Nintendo dropped so many fucking bombs today. I have never been so happy that I bought a WiiU.

There has to be another direct in Feburary.

Why else keep the Wii U versions of stuff we almost all know are coming, like Tomb Raider and Splinter Cell, a secret?

pestul

I love how everyone in the thread seemed to be stoked (enough) at the Wind Waker HD remake that they weren't even prepared to get floored by the Monolith game lol.

guek

Banned
There has to be another direct in Feburary.

Why else keep the Wii U versions of stuff we almost all know are coming, like Tomb Raider and Splinter Cell, a secret?

Yeah I think we're going to get something similar for 3rd party games in roughly a month's time. Probably wont contain as many bombs but hopefully it gives us...well...hope!

Meelow

Banned
Just do it, will probs get more talked about then when it was live on GAF every post was pretty much a blur.

go for it DJ, spin that shit.

Ok...

"Services are cool, yes Virtual Console finally shown for Wii U! Gameboy coming to VC :O...

a few titles we already see, Wonder 101 looks great, new Pikmin 3 screenshots look awesome!...

Bayonetta 2!?!? :O, oh only a behind the scenes footage, concept art looks great!, Oh Bayonetta I think a lot of people might want to touch you, Wii U Party, eh...Yoshi!? Oh wow Yoshi is awesome!, MegaTen x Fire Emblem!!! :D, Two Zelda's! :O, new Zelda most likely not open world :D...OMG WINDWAKER HD!!!!!! :D

Well I guess that's it, very nice megatons...Wait what's this? XENO WII U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG :D

10x better than E3 2012 confirmed."

antonz

oh boy it sounds like they're going to make Zelda less linear too

this Nintendo Direct fucking delivered

Would be awesome to see a return to the originals degree of openness. A little worried with the single player being an issue thing but will wait and see what they have in mind before I bitch and moan

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I mean looking back we just got a yoshi revival, SMT X FE, monoliths new game, and wind waker remake as announcements today. if someone would have posted a thread of this yesterday on neogaf we would have ripped their fanboyish asshole a new one.

Davey Cakes

With all the talk going on about the other big titles, I almost forgot about "Wii U Party."

I know it's not a megaton or anything, but Wii Party was a hit with my friends. Given that Nintendo Land and Mario Party 9 were also hits, I'm actually excited for another Nintendo party game.

Metallix87

With all the talk going on about the other big titles, I almost forgot about "Wii U Party."

I know it's not a megaton or anything, but Wii Party was a hit with my friends. Given that Nintendo Land and Mario Party 9 were also hits, I'm actually excited for another Nintendo party game.

Same here. I hope it features online multiplayer.

Flakster99

Got home from work 30 minutes ago and I have just read the last 20 pages.....

Holy shit. Everything they showed impressed me, especially The Wonderful 101.
Wind Waker HD this fall. With off controller playability. With updated mechanics (crosses fingers).

Well done and holy shit. :)

Ok...

"Services are cool, yes Virtual Console finally shown for Wii U! Gameboy coming to VC :O...

a few titles we already see, Wonder 101 looks great, new Pikmin 3 screenshots look awesome!...

Bayonetta 2!?!? :O, oh only a behind the scenes footage, concept art looks great!, Oh Bayonetta I think a lot of people might want to touch you, Wii U Party, eh...Yoshi!? Oh wow Yoshi is awesome!, MegaTen x Fire Emblem!!! :D, Two Zelda's! :O, new Zelda most likely not open world :D...OMG WINDWAKER HD!!!!!! :D

Well I guess that's it, very nice megatons...Wait what's this? XENO WII U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG :D

10x better than E3 2012 confirmed."
Pretty much similar reactions by most of GAF, cept GAF was already complaining 2 mins in due to Miiverse talk, lol XD, lots of posts saying: "Boooring" XD

Today I accepted Iwata's apology for the lack of games in the early going. Come March though, I expect to see a first party title. I am a little concerned that we still don't have concrete dates for Pikmin 3, Game and Wario, Wii U Fit, Lego City, and Wonderful 101

Cosmozone

A bit disappointed that the OS updates come so late. Good news about Miiverse improvements, though. Opening it up to smartphones will benefit them, but will it also work for normal computers? It's web based after all, no apps even needed at first, but hell, they could find a way for locking them out for whatever reason. Looking forward to the user created communities. And TVii, when it finally comes.

Games are exciting, I guess. :) Double dip time next fall, that's for sure. WW is by far my favorite Zelda. A bit worried about the Zelda U multiplayer hints, though. Have fun guessing the next Zelda's graphics style. I wish for a slightly more anime-ish look with more stylized characters, but highly detailed backgrounds. The X game looks great, yeah. That first dinosaur thing had an interesting and detailed model.

But man, some of you have to take a rest. Some of the comments, especially at the beginning were just painful to read. I cringed a lot. The hype posts are at least funny.

If that is considered Yoshi Land how much of that miiverse hack pic is true and also those Amazon EU Pages how much can we trust them since Yoshi is real?

Meelow

Banned
Pretty much similar reactions by most of GAF, cept GAF was already complaining 2 mins in due to Miiverse talk, lol XD, lots of posts saying: "Boooring" XD

Isn't that pretty much how all the Nintendo Directs start lol? I remember people doing this at the pre E3 Direct until we saw the Gamepad, Pro controller, etc.

I was getting worried though because the first 20 minutes are already things we knew that we're coming, and than the bombs got dropped lol.

MEATfast

Banned
Iwata always does this shit and next time he's going to do it even worse. He knows now. HE KNOWS! Just you wait. When E3 comes, Nintendo's Conference is gonna be two hours long and all the games will be revealed AFTER the conference is already over.
Then he'll just sit back and laugh.
That son of a bitch.

Sandfox

Today I accepted Iwata's apology for the lack of games in the early going. Come March though, I expect to see a first party title. I am a little concerned that we still don't have concrete dates for Pikmin 3, Game and Wario, Wii U Fit, Lego City, and Wonderful 101

Lego City is 3/18 and the other games are Q2 so we'll probably be getting their release dates in a few months.

pestul

If the Miiverse pic is real.. I can't wait to witness GAF when Metroid is shown for the first time. You just know it's going to blow our socks off.

zroid

Banned
I am not hyped for Mario Kart. That's a first for me.

But I still believe they can win me over. Introduce a really cool asymmetric multiplayer mechanic (like Double Dash, but more interesting) and I might be on board.

Also: item toggle

guek

Banned
What I'm enjoying now is the overt damage control some people are trying to pull in an attempt to convince people NOT to be too excited.

It's quite fascinating really. I think this happens with ever big company but not to the extent it happens with nintendo. If they have a poor showing, everyone talks about it and apologists spring up out of the woodwork. If they have a strong showing, the same thing happens but with skeptics trying to rein in the enthusiasm.

Love em or hate em, Nintendo does seem to be incredibly divisive.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I know this was already done, but oh well:

Guesses on release dates (Japan considering the focus of the presentation, though most of these will hold for other regions):

March- Game & Wario
April- Wii Fit U
May- Pikmin 3
June- Wonderful 101
July/August- Wii U Party
Fall- Wind Waker (confirmed)
Fall- Yarn Yoshi (seems like a title they would hold off on revealing if it was too far away- not a major major seller)
November- Super Mario Universe or whatever it is called
December- X

2014- Mario Kart, Smash, Bayo 2 and SMTxFE.

Edit- It wasn't shown but I bet Retro's game is holiday 2013.

big youth

Mario Kart seems more likely this year than Mario 3D.

one will be a huge, flagship title for the Wii U, the other will be Mario Kart with a new coat of paint.

onipex

Iwata always does this shit and next time he's going to do it even worse. He knows now. HE KNOWS! Just you wait. When E3 comes, Nintendo's Conference is gonna be two hours long and all the games will be revealed AFTER the conference is already over.
Then he'll just sit back and laugh.
That son of a bitch.

Hahaha, that would be great.

Hobby

Iwata reiterates that there'll be further information concerning future developments on 3DS as well as what third parties are working on for Wii U at a later time.

Also, Miiverse's usability will be improved sometime next week, along with making it easier to select your Mii's expression when posting to Miiverse. Additionally, in February, there will be a filtering function added to Miiverse to filter between people that have completed a game and those that haven't, and there will also be notifications for when someone follows you.

FeCvCKI.jpg

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/294104722271522816
https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/294105720742350848
https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/294106063286984704

Quoting myself from earlier since it seems to have been lost in the shuffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom