• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
OMG, we've been so blind to Iwata's plan this entire time while it has been sitting before us in clear daylight! Brace up, gaf, here's the crystal truth:

Nintendo's recent love affair with the indies is nothing but a service .. to themselves! They are planning to go third-party indie on the eShop! Yes, after so many years, nintendo are going 3rd party (Pachter vindicated!), and it's all happening on ND tomorrow, coming from the mouth of the mastermind himself.

Nosgoroth

If Iwata ever tweeted that for real I think I would die from the euphoric reaction. Imagine if he ended a Nintendo Direct with that kind of phrase.

They could end Directs with a cryptic tease for a future announcement, like a next episode preview.

JpZhl.gif

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
iwanana8pldv.gif

I'm mildy excited for this but I'm not expecting any megatons. Of course, anything could happen, just look at Bayonetta 2.
Best possible scenario for me would be a reveal of the Retro Studios project.

Yonafunu

You must choose one, GAF!

-Retro's new game
-MonolithSoft's new game
-Smash 4
-Bayonetta 2 footage
-Firmware updates speeding up the OS
-Pikmin 3
-The Wonderful 101

noffles

Banned
*Iwata puts on a red baseball cap that resembles Ness', picks up a baseball bat, does the peace sign, and walks off screen.*

Iwata bursts out of a set of double doors. He is donning a set of wings on his back and holding a bow. He waits five minutes and the wings then burn up in a cheap green screen effect. Iwata yells "I'm finished!" over and over for 30 seconds.

fin

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Iwata: "This time, the plan is a bit different from a regular Direct, in that I'll be talking about what kind of Wii U titles and services Nintendo is developing."

Please announce that games will no longer be locked to the console.

zroid

Banned
Re: Smash, I think the absolute BEST anyone can hope for is a title and a character reveal. No release date or gameplay.

-Retro's new game
-MonolithSoft's new game
-Smash 4
-Bayonetta 2 footage
-Pikmin 3
-The Wonderful 101

I'm thinking a teaser/trailer for one of the first 4 games listed and maybe a firmware update. They also need to finally address releasing more actual content on the Wii U eShop and possibly getting the Virtual Console situation on Wii U at least started with a few releases.

AzaK

Rösti;46758234 said:
iwanana8pldv.gif

I'm mildy excited for this but I'm not expecting any megatons. Of course, anything could happen, just look at Bayonetta 2.
Best possible scenario for me would be a reveal of the Retro Studios project.

Oh no please don't do this to me Rosti. I am NOT getting hyped. NOT!

EDIT: WTF is that GIF?

-Retro's new game
-MonolithSoft's new game
-Smash 4
-Bayonetta 2 footage
-Pikmin 3
-The Wonderful 101

It'd have to be Retro's, so long as I have the right to unsee it if it's something cute or casual. I want something fucking hardcore and big and epic and risky and as awesome as Prime.

Roo

I'll keep my expectations very low
that way, when they show some Wii Fit U, Game & Wario and W101 footage I won't be so disappointed

zroid

Banned
I'm pretty sure they'll be saving Retro's game for E3, or at the very least GDC.

They may have been planning that prior to Wii U stagnation. I expect they will be announcing things here and showing them off at future press events. What they will announce though, who the heck knows...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

-Retro's new game
-MonolithSoft's new game
-Smash 4
-Bayonetta 2 footage
-Pikmin 3
-The Wonderful 101

Hard choice, but this must be it... Monolith on a tight second place

Krowley

I think they may announce something major because Durango and Orbis are already starting to dominate the hype-sphere and they aren't even out yet. Nintendo have to get people talking about Wii U again. They have to convince people to give a shit.

Glass Joe

Neogaf servers are not ready for this.

I asked about this earlier. Now I'm almost certain this is. Plans have changed.

It's smart to play your cards close to your chest when you're market leader, kicking ass and taking names. But when you're struggling to get people to give a crap about your console, better start telling/showing info even if it's a bluff or in other words, a ways off.

Consumers being able to say "Something's coming down the line" is a lot better than "I don't know if anything's ever coming for this thing."

Hoping to see a firmware update tomorrow. And maybe if we're lucky in the US, some Netflix support for TVii and Zen Pinball.

cacildo

Yes, i do feel happier when this kind of thing happens.

But it will be small potatos. They cant announce the big guns now and left the E3 presentation empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom