• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooking up my Wii U right now.

My Wii U Gamepad (not pro controller, I get that tomorrow) makes a rattling sound as if there's loose pieces inside. It's not the stylus (took it out), and it's not the buttons (tried holding them down while shaking it)

Not sure if I should try to get an exchange or not yet :/

I'll just say that mine has zero rattle at all.

Chocoboko

I have tried searching but can't find an answer so sorry if I just missed it.

Is there anyway to like, tie your 3DS eshop and your Wii U eshop accounts together besides the Club Nintendo account? I noticed that when I searched for demos on the Wii U eshop 3DS demos show up so I just wasn't sure.

I'm using the same Nintendo Club account on both but don't see anything listed in my downloads list on Wii U. Guess it won't list 3DS downloads?

Wow, now that I have the hdmi going directly into the reciever the multichannel audio sounds great. I even think my virtual console and wii games sound a lot nicer because if this. My reciever no longer takes them in as pro logic or whatever.

I thought when sending registering Friends, your Friend would get a request?

I tried it, but it's like the old Friend Code system. Where both people have to register! Why?????

JAYinHD

Well gee that update took awhile lol. Everything is pretty slick to me though. The gamepad is even more awesome in my home compared to when I first held it in the store. Setting up the gamepad to my comcast DVR and Samsung tv was quick and very satisfying and creating my Mii was fun with the kids hovering around the TV. I have a feeling my 360 is about to start collecting some major dust over the next few months lol.

Now it's time for some Nano Assault :)

Alchemy

Got mine, set up was painless. Now just downloading the mega update and I'll get in some Nintendoland. Pro controller feels great in the hand but I know I'll have issues getting used to the analog stick placement.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So the console froze again while loading something. First time was the ID creation, now its the system settings...

This isn't really giving a good impression.

Downhome

Weird question, but is there a way to test the vibrating function? I thought mine sounded odd, really really loud, and I want to make sure what is going on.

I love the ability to play on the smaller screen, especially on football sunday!!

20121118_134643.jpg

So good. Should be a mandatory feature tbh.

Aeana

Weird question, but is there a way to test the vibrating function? I thought mine sounded odd, really really loud, and I want to make sure what is going on.
Does it rumble a little bit if you go to enable/disable it in the gamepad settings on the home menu?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, progress bar started at the same spot that it errored out at so erroring out wasn't bad at all.

welp, Best Buy did me right.

my stuff was behind the counter with printouts of my name and order # wrapped around each item. Concerns about Best Buy's competency in these matters was greatly exaggerated.

TheChits

I tried it, but it's like the old Friend Code system. Where both people have to register! Why?????
Just search for their profile on miiverse. There will be a friend request button like on xbox live

It's the same concept as friend codes, but without the numbers. They didnt really change much of anything.

d0c_zaius

sorry I looked but didnt see anything on this.

is there a way to force the Wii U to recognize the usb network adapter? its just giving me an option for wireless.

edit: nevermind I'm dumb. its under connection types.

I just purchased and am downloading New mario bros U and im wondering how do I recieve the $5 from the deluxe rebate? Does it just get added to my account funds?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
My Upad can't make it to bathroom , it has signal in front of the bathroom door but cuts out when you walk in.

That's because your bathroom door is a portal into one of the 9 circles of hell.

Target's online stock system shows 4 stores near me with both systems in stock.
Considered it some more, but there's just no titles that interest me enough to drop the money for a system.

Darko

you have to goto miiverse, click your user profile in the top corner and search the user there.. thats the only way to send a proper friend"request"... if you do it the other way you both have to add eachother.. but if you do it that was it sends a request for approval.

orznge

Banned
Mods please ban the users who insist on peppering every Wii U thread with textual depictions of their violent fantasies.

OK, the gamepad is stunning. The way video is streamed is infinitely better than the best I could have hoped. It really looks as if it's running natively on the pad (unless you look very closely at certain details) and delivers a smooth 60 fps. Black Ops 2 running on the pad at 60 fps is really damn impressive with near perfect image quality and AA (not the case when viewed on the big screen where it is ultra jaggy).

I'm really impressed.

Your enthusiasm surprises me because the GamePad has a LCD display. And ik know that you are not a fan of this technique. ;-)

What do you think about the black levels? And how is the image quality compared to the OLED display on the PS Vita? I know the resolution is lower on the GamePad.

boxter432

just updated netflix, only took a couple minutes.
miiverse didnt connect the first time, now its good. music is so zelda-esque. love it.

TheChits

You can literally search for anyone, and then send them a request? no need to trade details with them, say, here?

You just search for their profile name and it brings up any similar profiles. From there you can view the profiles and friend request them

Lyng

I am wondering how well Xenoblade runs on the WiiU. Never owned a Wii, but am going to get a WiiU and was thinking about getting that and The Last Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom