• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

This thread is AMAZING! Good job, Rosti!

I can't wait to have Wii U in my hands. Oh god too much EXCITE

Anth0ny

So... any places left I can wait in line at this Saturday?

Who is attempting to get one on Sunday WITHOUT a preorder?

My buddy. We're heading to Future Shop at 11PM on Saturday night and waiting 12 hours in line. Future Shop dudes I talked to today said we should be good, pre order or not.

Probably one of the better Nintendo launch lineups, actually.

Worst Nintendo console launch lineup by far. Nothing to get excited about.

jbueno

Personal hype levels:

tBhTN.gif

The spike is for Pikmin 3. Then I remember the launch lineup...

Indeed, I´m holding off for that one to get a system. Good luck to everyone getting a console at launch!

PhantomR

Banned
Do we have a confirmed list of what RETAIL games will be available on launch day via eShop? Seems like so far it's just Mario, Nintendoland, and Ninja Gaiden. Any others?

MarkusRJR

Do we know if we can transfer data over from 2 Wii consoles yet? I have a busted Wii (disc drive won't read anything and the GPU is messed so there are artifacts) and a working Wii so my VC and WiiWare library is split between the two consoles. It'd be a bummer to have to rebuy all the content I already bought and lose all the hardware locked save files on my broken Wii.

Anyone heard from their local GS yet about their pre orders, assuming you went within that initial 24/48 hour period? I havent gotten any messages sent yet and I was the tenth or eleventh person to reserve.

I was maybe 6th in line at mine and they assured me the other day that there would be no problems getting mine (deluxe). But no other message yet.

Alchemy

Excited, my launch haul is going to be:

Deluxe Unit
White Pro Controller
ZombiU

Wife might pick up Epic Mickey 2, not that it really matters to me.

Kevtones

Do we know if we can transfer data over from 2 Wii consoles yet? I have a busted Wii (disc drive won't read anything and the GPU is messed so there are artifacts) and a working Wii so my VC and WiiWare library is split between the two consoles. It'd be a bummer to have to rebuy all the content I already bought and lose all the hardware locked save files on my broken Wii.

I need to know this too...

VanWinkle

So the system comes out on Sunday? How are those who ordered online affected? Saturday or Monday?

Great thread. It made me curious, though: why aren't Gamecube games backwards compatible?

e_i

So the system comes out on Sunday? How are those who ordered online affected? Saturday or Monday?

Great thread. It made me curious, though: why aren't Gamecube games backwards compatible?

Monday. I don't think they'd ship it so you would get the day before.

MicH

In the EU portion the list of available games on Nov. 30th is a bit incorrect:

1) Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is missing from the launch list
2) Rayman Legends has been delayed untill February :)()

Otherwise I have no edits, I'm not sure if there are more titles available for launch in EU, but 10 does not seem like a lot. Too bad NoE isn't making the list available on their website :/

spritex

Great OT.
Amazon.fr has Basic and Premium set at 269€ resp. 315€.

Yup, I noticed that two days ago so I preordered the Premium from them to Finland. 40-60€ cheaper than here even with the postage. Might have to wait a few days more, but I can get another game for that. At least I got the impression that they still had enough units from start.

Sexyness in that OP.

Gonna pick it up at Nintendo World, and I can not wait to get my hands on it. I pretty much have most of the launch lineup in my gamefly queue too. Gonna be a crazy weekend!

Great OP, very nice. I can't wait for launch day, it's going to keep me pretty busy for a while. I'm picking up:

Wii U basic white
Black pro controller
Assassin's Creed 3
Batman Armored Edition
Call of Duty: BLOPS2
Nintendo Land
NSMBU
Sonic All Stars Racing: Transformed
ZombiU

Best. Launch day. EVER.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Great OT.

We poor Europeans that will have to wait another 12 loong days. :(
On the plus side, I'll be trying out the Wii U myself in the next couple of days.

Sinthetic

Awesome. Love the banner.

Pissed myself at Reggie poking out, hahaha.

I'm really looking forward to getting my £199 Deluxe set from Amazon UK.

burgerdog

I have a deluxe pre-ordered at best buy so I should be able to get it on day 1. Ubisoft better have zombiu available as a dd title.

MicH

Alright, I just checked Amazon UK and according to their website Europe will get the following titles on launch day (Nov. 30):

• Assasin's Creed 3
  • Sports Connection
  • TANK! TANK! TANK!
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
  • Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition
  • Rise of the Guardians
  • Just Dance 4
  • Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
  • Rabbids Land
  • Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Aliens: Colonial Marines
  • Funky Barn
  • Ben 10 Omniverse
  • Transformers Prime
  • YourShape: Fitnes Evolved 2013

+ Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, which I mentioned above

So that's more like it :p

Got mine all paid off, and I'm getting NSMBU off of the eShop at launch. So excited! Still can't quite grasp that a brand new console gen is literally days away. ._.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I just checked Amazon UK and according to their website Europe will get the following titles on launch day (Nov. 30):

• Assasin's Creed 3
  • Sports Connection
  • TANK! TANK! TANK!
  • Rise of the Guardians
  • Just Dance 4
  • Rabbids Land
  • Aliens: Colonial Marines
  • Funky Barn
  • Ben 10 Omniverse
  • Transformers Prime

I'll try to confirm this. I go after distributor lists mainly. Thanks for the heads up.

MicH

Rösti;44339116 said:
I'll try to confirm this. I go after distributor lists mainly. Thanks for the heads up.
That sounds great. I have no idea if it's true or not, I'm just going by Amazons website :)

Beautiful OT, the GIF looks very slick!

I have no personal interest in owning a Wii U though. I'll stick to PC until real next-gen
trollface.jpg
consoles launch. Will be interesting to see how it turns out tho.

blurrygil

• Assasin's Creed 3
  • Sports Connection
  • TANK! TANK! TANK!
  • Rise of the Guardians
  • Just Dance 4
  • Rabbids Land
    [*]Aliens: Colonial Marines
  • Funky Barn
  • Ben 10 Omniverse
  • Transformers Prime

That cannot be right...

I can say, without irony, EXCITE

Hardware launches are GAF at its best and glorious worst. SO MANY burning questions will be answered in the coming weeks. Will this be a sales phenomenon like Wii? How the hell will all the stuff coming in the Day-1 patch work? Will NSMBU be beloved? Will the SO kill me for surreptitiously buying one?

Ridley327

My plan for Sunday:

10:00 AM: get dropped off at Best Buy, pick up Deluxe Set with NSMBU and ZombiU
10:15 AM: go grab breakfast
10:45 AM: clock into work, set stuff aside until the end of my shift at 7:30 PM
8:00 PM (maybe): arrive home to finally open stuff up and set it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom