• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

What? I thought it looked fine. It doesn't need to be hyper-detailed, unless dudebros want to see all Link's "UBER HARDCORE BATTLESCARS". :p

I think the skin color doesn't fit him at all and that the lips look awkward, but I don't think too much about it since it's just a techdemo.

now the question is can they do UE4 at 1080p 60fps and streams 4 uPads at the same time in SD for $350-$399

1080p 60 FPS UE4 on Wii U?
Nope. I don't think we will see 60FPS UE4 on any platform other than the PC.

Log4Girlz

tbh, I think a good artstyle will trump whatever UE4 wowzer (eg. Samaritan) there is. UE games just look kind of meh to me, with obvious exceptions such as Mirror's Edge. This is just my opinion though.

I hope they make some retro looking games IMO. I love the style of Minecraft for instance.

if Wii U's games look anything like the Zelda demo or the flying bird thingy I'm perfectly fine then.
those two look already better than 98% of this-gen games.

(yea i know...."but it's a demo without AI, physics bla bla nadda nadda")

If they can manage to pull that off with their usually small loading times, I'd be fine too. It's not like Nintendos stylized games would benefit as much as realistic looking games from any bigger graphical bump. (How much better than Sonic Generations could Mario look really?) Not to mention that they also always know how to use their hardware in the most effective way.

tbh, I think a good artstyle will trump whatever UE4 wowzer (eg. Samaritan) there is. UE games just look kind of meh to me, with obvious exceptions such as Mirror's Edge. This is just my opinion though.

I'll take an HD Epic Yarn off any of those honestly

more clever stuff like that is glorious

You guys are way too optimistic. I think we'll get 720p 30fps+AA UE4 games, minimal streaming.

That's what the italics 'max' was for, only with further 'tweaking' that was mentioned will this be available, and that's with ultimate optimisation, when the devs know the workings inside out, and how to use the pad effectively.

u will eat croooowwwww

I sincerely hope I do, but, um, no :p

Cookychan

Banned
What if Mirror's Edge involved Mirrors and custom made backgrounds that you don't see but reflect on to these mirrors to make up the stage instead?

GODDAMNIT DEVS LISTEN TO ME

Or maybe an apocalyptic style game with environments made up of the elements, oh yeeeeeees.

frostbyte

Yup, this.

If UE4 comes to Wii U, it will look good on it. It will possibly look better on the uPad-screen.

Yep, pretty much free AA when viewed in such a small screen. Can't wait to play games in bed with that screen.

That's what the italics 'max' was for, only with further 'tweaking' that was mentioned will this be available, and that's with ultimate optimisation, when the devs know the workings inside out, and how to use the pad effectively.

If devs will be willing to learn the insides out that well, yeah maybe. I'll believe it when I see it.

I want more "hardcore" devs to approach odd artstyles like Paper Mario and Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Too bad it's all about pleasing the casuals with super generic and ridiculous ,,badass'' spacemarine and realistic warfare games nowadays. Only indies will go with a similar approach.
I just can't wait for Nintendos HD games to finally arrive.

BowieZ

Banned
Personally $399 is the sweet spot for me. I really don't want to spend more than that on a console and if it's higher, I'll just have to wait for the price drop while everyone's playing glorious Pikmin 3 in front of me :(
I suspect it'll be something like $279.99 including one Utab and Wii Remote Plus, and you can buy two additional Utabs at $89.99 each.

Advertised as up to three user-friendly lounge room tablets and a HD Nintendo console, all combined cheaper than a single iPad* with better, more fun and exclusive games^.

(*current generation model)
(^Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Kirby, and Mario Kart)

frostbyte

I think people missed this so i'll ask again.

guys, what 3rd party games do you want to see the most on the Wii U? Mine's personally Dark Souls and Assassin's Creed. and one of them is already confirmed :)

AniHawk

guys, what 3rd party games do you want to see the most on the Wii U? Mine's personally Dark Souls and Assassin's Creed. and one of them is already confirmed :)
something from the skies team. i don't like 40 hour rpgs on handhelds.

I suspect it'll be something like $279.99 including one Utab and Wii Remote Plus, and you can buy two additional Utabs at $89.99 each.

Advertised as up to three user-friendly lounge room tablets and a HD Nintendo console, all combined cheaper than a single iPad* with better, more fun and exclusive games^.

(*current generation model)
(^Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Kirby, and Mario Kart)

it will not be under $300 not gonna happen with a uPad packed in plus a Wiimote

Nibel

New IPs first and foremost - generation defining IPs.
Everything is multiplatform in the moment, so I'm not worried about most games.

SEGA Shenmue 3 in glorious HD

Log4Girlz

Dark Souls and I haven't even played that shit yet

Witcher 2

Skyrim

Monster Hunter 3 Tri HD

Wiz

Would love to see Fallout come to the Wii U. It could possibly be the best option for the series in the future. I think the Wii U Pad can help make things more convenient with all the menus too.

I really want GTA V because I have been playing Vice City for the first time and love it

for my uPad I want things like FROM DUST and ANNO 2070 over AssCreed or CoD

I want good racing games

Guys, what if a Rockstar rep came on stage at E3 and said that GTAV will be a pre-competitor-release
for Durango
so the game will be on the system before any other console?

le.phat

Would love to see Fallout come to the Wii U. It could possibly be the best option for the series in the future. I think the Wii U Pad can help make things more convenient with all the menus too.
how is looking away from the tv to see your inventory anymore convenient then pressing start ?

Wolfie5

Aliens: Colonial Marines, the next Batman game(hopefully there will be one), Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Diablo 3.

BowieZ

Banned
it will not be under $300 not gonna happen with a uPad packed in plus a Wiimote
To be competitive (against Apple, Sony and Microsoft) they need to undercut expectations, even to the point of making a slight loss on the system. The tech itself isn't really that expensive, but rather Nintendo has to offset all the R&D and the paradigm change from Standard Def to Hi Def (although have been doing this gradually for 5+ years now).

For example, they could probably make a tidy profit off $90 additional Utabs ($75 sale price?) which would be promoted like hell, to help cover some of the loss, and the rest would be covered by retail games, legacy Wii retail games, SLIGHTLY overpriced but quality eStore games and DLC.

Half the battle is a psychologically low price point (see Wii and 3DS), and anything they can do to get it below $300 (including below $299.99) they will surely do.

PS; additionally, Wii Remote Pluses by now would be cheap as chips for Ninty to manufacture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom