• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

adroit

But at least we have TORTILLA!!!

Pffff, I have about two hundred tortillas in my fridge right now.
My guess is Nezzhil is talking about something more like tortilla de patatas (potatoes and other ingredients bound together with eggs). I was born and lived in Spain until about the 3rd grade (USAF brat). I vividly remember tortilla de patatas con chorizo (spicy pork sausage). Yum, yum, yum.

Conor 419

Banned
Capcom confirmed that Resident Evil 6 isn't coming to the Wii U anytime soon, and I think it was reported that Activision wasn't going to support the system at all (or perhaps that was just speculation).

As for the MMO, you have Dragon Quest X, which is coming at some indefinite date.

Not at all? That seems unlikely.

Bumhead

Banned
Capcom confirmed that Resident Evil 6 isn't coming to the Wii U anytime soon, and I think it was reported that Activision wasn't going to support the system at all (or perhaps that was just speculation).

As for the MMO, you have Dragon Quest X, which is coming at some indefinite date.

Did they? Where?

As far as I'm aware the only word we've heard on RE6 is that they're only focusing on PS3 and 360 "at this time", which sounds pretty vague to me. Kind of like "at this time.. but wait on a couple of months and ask us again".

Never heard anything like that about Activision.

lednerg

Activision will most assuredly be supporting the Wii U. Somebody just guessed they weren't due to a lack of info from them. But as well all know, Nintendo NDA's ain't nothin' to fuck wit'.

Conor 419

Banned
We've had a lack of info all round though, to be fair. I imagine Nintendo are saving the big games for E3.

I just hope the system's powerful, at the very least I would hope that for a game like Battlefield 3, it'd be capable of being competitive with the high end PC version. Surely that's not an unreasonable hope?

Linkhero1

Was there supposed to be news?

But yeah. I like Shane Satterfield, I imagine he'll have a solid idea on what constitutes a good lineup. The major multiplatform titles (maybe) this year are

Ass Creed Tri
Bioshock: Infinite
GTAV
CoD
Resident Evil 6

Nintendo ought to get at least three of those. For the hardcore gamer, besides first party content. I'd imagine that Nintendo will surely be looking to provide a better experience for third party titles than with competing systems.

Does anybody think we might see a major announcement in the form of an MMO? With the Wii U's control scheme being so flexible, and with rumors of the online being similarly flexible. It seems like it'd be the perfect genre for the system, and one I imagine Nintendo want to capture.
CoD is pretty much a given. AC3 is confirmed.

I'm hoping GTA V and RE6 are on the Wii U. Regarding an MMO, maybe we'll see DQ X Wii U at E3.

People still think this is going to be true? It was just an analyst I believe and if Activision supported the Wii, they'll support the Wii U

We've had a lack of info all round though, to be fair. I imagine Nintendo are saving the big games for E3.

I just hope the system's powerful, at the very least I would hope that for a game like Battlefield 3, it'd be capable of being competitive with the high end PC version. Surely that's not an unreasonable hope?

Frostbite is likely one of the engines the system is being optimized for.
Along with UE and Cry.

VegaNine

Did they? Where?

As far as I'm aware the only word we've heard on RE6 is that they're only focusing on PS3 and 360 "at this time", which sounds pretty vague to me. Kind of like "at this time.. but wait on a couple of months and ask us again".

Never heard anything like that about Activision.

I find the Activision thing hard to believe myself.

Ah yes, it seems it was the product of an "analyst":

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469251

As for RE6, "not at this time" most probably means "not for a while" (and most certainly means "not this year", which Conor was asking about).

Nezzhil

My guess is Nezzhil is talking about something more like tortilla de patatas (potatoes and other ingredients bound together with eggs). I was born and lived in Spain until about the 3rd grade (USAF brat). I vividly remember tortilla de patatas con chorizo (spicy pork sausage). Yum, yum, yum.

Yes! :p
attachment.php

I think so too. We just have to wait until E3 to learn the truth.

CoD is pretty much a given. AC3 is confirmed.

I'm hoping GTA V and RE6 are on the Wii U. Regarding an MMO, maybe we'll see DQ X Wii U at E3.

The question regarding support isn't quantity but quality. Will CoD be present? Of course! Will it be a shittier version than what everybody gets? …maybe, but we don't know. Wii got terrible versions of CoD for years before it caught up with the competition in terms of features, and that was one of the success stories!

I think things will start out better for Wii U in terms of "non-crippled" third party support, but it's just a guessing game for now.

Also, I'm hoping that there's a good Resident Evil game on the Wii U. Sadly, that won't happen. The saving grace is that it won't happen for the competition, either.

fernoca

Nope to both. Capcom said that Resident Evil 6 won't be "at this time" implying the October 2012 release, and the Activision bit was just some random analyst said that he "believed" Activision wasn't going to support it. Activision confirmed support last E3 and Treyarch (Black Ops 2) and Vicarious Visions apparently has kits since last year too. Whether that means launch titles or not, that's another thing.

The question regarding support isn't quantity but quality. Will CoD be present? Of course! Will it be a shittier version than what everybody gets? …maybe, but we don't know. Wii got terrible versions of CoD for years before it caught up with the competition in terms of features, and that was one of the success stories!

I think things will start out better for Wii U in terms of "non-crippled" third party support, but it's just a guessing game for now.
Wouldn't' say "terrible for years", but it was Treyarch the one that did the better and more fully-featured Wii versions of Call of Duty (even porting MW1 and MW3) and they're the ones doing this year's COD games; so..we'll see.

The Activision bit sounds like completely made up bullshit. It's hard to imagine that a company that was even willing to port CoD to Wii would ignore Wii U.

And now for something completely different, the following link is the current version of the image for this thread (which probably won't be done until this thread is done):
http://i.imgur.com/F6Iqc.jpg

Any recommendations on what to do with Princess Leia, the X-Wings and the Death Star ? I had to replace the comets with Burnt Pork because...well... I had no idea how else to put him in, other than scaling his image and replacing the X-Wings with him.

I love that image so much...

Wouldn't' say "terrible for years", but it was Treyarch the one that did the better and more fully-featured Wii versions of Call of Duty (even porting MW1 and MW3) and they're the ones doing this year's COD games; so..we'll see.

Modern Warfare was ported over in year four of the Wii. CoD 3 and World at War were feature-starved on the Wii, as I understand it.

That's like all my favourite ingredients. I will have to make this!

Ohhhh. In that case, I recommend "amazon.com".

Amazon is good for DVDs, music and such but I'd never order a console or a high profile game there. Their shipping tends to be good but I always read posts from people here who end up having their orders missed by at least a day and it's no fun reading/watching others play their new goods while you're stuck waiting. Plus our mail boxes are too small and I have to go to the post office for anything bigger than a CD which I hate.

Resident Evil Revelaitons 2 exclusively on WiiU

Id even take an enhanced port of that over RE6. But theres no way it wont come to Wiiu. Sure, they deny it now... just like anything else that wasnt already at last E3. Publishers obviously arent allowed to reveal their Wiiu ports yet.

lednerg

Well yeah, but it was the Wii's 88MB of RAM and hardware features that lead to that. It wasn't because they hate Nintendo or whatever. Even if WiiU has 1GB and the others have 4GB, that wouldn't be much of a factor for a long time.

BurntPork

Banned

Protip: Never listen to anything an analyst says.

Well yeah, but it was the Wii's 88MB of RAM and hardware features that lead to that. It wasn't because they hate Nintendo or whatever.

Yes, similar gpu features and controller inputs are one of the reasons why I think things will start out better than they had on the Wii.

Resident Evil Revelaitons 2 exclusively on WiiU

I heard RER was surprisingly good. I should give it a look-see in a couple years.

Linkhero1

Also, I'm hoping that there's a good Resident Evil game on the Wii U. Sadly, that won't happen. The saving grace is that it won't happen for the competition, either.

As long as NiN for Wii U is fantastic and does almost everything SEN/XBL do then I don't see why the Wii U version would be gimped in terms of features. This time around, I'm hoping, Activision has a good online system to work with compared to the Wii.

As for RE. I hated RE5 and I'm not that interested in RE6. I'm just hoping it's on the console so people won't bitch about multiplats and third party support on the Wii U.

HylianTom

Banned
As for RE. I hated RE5 and I'm not that interested in RE6. I'm just hoping it's on the console so people won't bitch about multiplats and third party support on the Wii U.
That's my exact position on the series. It has peaked. The shift in focus and style put me off.

But.. if it's a feather in a cap and helps the U pass some gamers' litmus test, I want it on the platform.

That is my personal feeling about network features. I don't use them, and my local gaming group doesn't use them (one of my friends is still convinced that his release-model Xbox 360 has Wi-fi), but I want them to be blow-your-socks-off amazing so people stop complaining.

HylianTom

Banned
Amazon is good for DVDs, music and such but I'd never order a console or a high profile game there. Their shipping tends to be good but I always read posts from people here who end up having their orders missed by at least a day and it's no fun reading/watching others play their new goods while you're stuck waiting. Plus our mail boxes are too small and I have to go to the post office for anything bigger than a CD which I hate.
Precisely. I took a chance and ordered the the collector's edition of Skyward Sword and watched people play it for two whole days while I was waiting for my copy to arrive.

I adore amazon for most things, but not on games I "need" immediately. Until they can get this issue locked-down 100%, I'm not going to do this again.

andthebeatgoeson

That's my exact position on the series. It has peaked. The shift in focus and style put me off.

But.. if it's a feather in a cap and helps the U pass some gamers' litmus test, I want it on the platform.
One console future.

And I'm not buying two MS consoles for a third generation in a row. Going Wii u/pc this time around, if need be.

Wait, why no Max Payne speculation? They'll be done with the game and shouldget it out for launch.

Linkhero1

That is my personal feeling about network features. I don't use them, and my local gaming group doesn't use them (one of my friends is still convinced that his release-model Xbox 360 has Wi-fi), but I want them to be blow-your-socks-off amazing so people stop complaining.

Lol what? Wasn't Wi-Fi added with the release of the slim model?

HylianTom

Banned
One console future.

And I'm not buying two MS console for a third generation in a row. Going Wii u/pc this time around, if need be.
I can personally vouch for the greatness of the Nintendo console + PC gaming + Nintendo portable gaming combo. This has been more than enough to cover the vast, vast majority of my gaming wants for the past 20+ years.

andthebeatgoeson

I can personally vouch for the greatness of the Nintendo console + PC gaming + Nintendo portable gaming combo. This has been more than enough to cover the vast, vast majority of my gaming wants for the past 20+ years.
2/3 of the way there. And since I found the laptop thread, I'll go all in within 6 months.

lednerg

I have a PS3 but don't really do much online with it besides playing with friends and buying games/demos. So I'm asking because I truly don't know, what is it about SEN or XBL makes them such a big challenge for Nintendo to match with their service? Are we just talking about the amount of people currently using them?

HylianTom

Banned
2/3 of the way there. And since I found the laptop thread, I'll go all in within 6 months.
It's the best of both worlds, I've long thought.

With the Nintendo console, you get the best of home console gaming.
With the PC, you get the best of PC-style gaming. Remember the days when much of the xbox's catalogue would still be only on PC? Yeah.. I still find those games to be superior on PC.
And with the Nintendo handheld, you get the best of portable gaming.

You're going to have trouble keeping-up with everything that's released on those three platforms! :)

Nilaul

Dear Nintendo,
Please allow us to make our own indie games for WiiU for free. If your scared of any issues with the console being exploited, allow us to make it for a sandboxed enviroment inside the WiiU.

HylianTom

Banned
I have a PS3 but don't really do much online with it besides playing with friends and buying games/demos. So I'm asking because I truly don't know, what is it about SEN or XBL makes them such a big challenge for Nintendo to match with their service? Are we just talking about the amount of people currently using them?
I don't know, to be honest.

Is building and maintaining such a network expensive?

I also wonder if Nintendo has come-up with a few features that will make their network a bit unique. Maybe something that would prompt fans of other companies to point and say, "Hey.. if Nintendo has that, why can't we?!"

those guys whom i love even more now said:
Para GameplayWhore:
Hey GAF mates, we are not planning to leave you for IGN. We are just figuring out whose imagery can we steal from now on

:D

Well, now I feel importante.

Dear Nintendo,
Please allow us to make our own indie games for WiiU for free. If your scared of any issues with the console being exploited, allow us to make it for a sandboxed enviroment inside the WiiU.

Maybe that's one of the reasons why there's so much memory allocated for the OS: The games are triple-layer sandboxed so that nothing bad can possibly happen.
it'll be cracked and modded within a week anyway

Nilaul

I don't know, to be honest.

Is building and maintaining such a network expensive?

I also wonder if Nintendo has come-up with a few features that will make their network a bit unique. Maybe something that would prompt fans of other companies to point and say, "Hey.. if Nintendo has that, why can't we?!"

Club Nintendo? And maybe real life rewards for some achievements in videogames?

Linkhero1

Dear Nintendo,

Holy smokes. Just got this message in my inbox

"Hello Nilaul,

No

Sincerely,

Reggie Fils-Aime
Nintendo of America Inc.

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/
Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529"

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Dear Nintendo,
Your best bet would be a Wario Ware DIY sequel. Sorry.

Just like the 3DS.

I thought they won with the weather channel.
One of the Top 10 Game Changers of Generation 7.

HylianTom

Banned
Club Nintendo? And maybe real life rewards for some achievements in videogames?
I'm not a big online guy, but an Nsider Channel would have me living there when I'm not gaming. I'd love love love that, with your Club Nintendo profile integrated with your console I.D.

ElTopo said:
Any recommendations on what to do with Princess Leia, the X-Wings and the Death Star

There's been more than a bit of MST3K gifs in the last two hype threads (one of Retro's devs even tweeted they're watching MST3K episides to help deal with their tight scedule which I'm using as partial justification at this point :p) so I'd love it if you put Crow T Robot or Tom Servo in there somewhere. Maybe you could put them in as 3P0 (Crow is already Gold/yellow) and Tom as R2 (just change him from red to blue & white).

Nilaul

:D

Maybe that's one of the reasons why there's so much memory allocated for the OS: The games are triple-layer sandboxed so that nothing bad can possibly happen.

You mean like a dream inside a dream inside a dream inside a dream inside a dream?
A game inside a Sandbox, inside a Sandbox, inside a Sandbox inside the OS.

This is simply genius.

Just like the 3DS.

*narrows eyes*

Was that sarcasm? I honestly can't tell.

I admit, though, the "within a week" thing is really wishful thinking. I'm really used to the "next gen" features (like installing my games to hard disk and running them without the optical media) that it allows on the Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom