• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Tekken has never been on a Nintendo console until now.

I never expected to see games like Metro: Last Light or Alien Colonial Marines on Wii U.

I think people will be surprised at what games show up on Wii U. I don't think looking at past installments in a franchise is a good indicator of what games will end up on Wii U.

It doesn't really matter if it can get ps360 multiplatform games.

What truly matters is if it can run ps4-720 multiplatform games without them being stripped down/fucked up versions like chop till you drop dead rising. etc.

HylianTom

Banned
Ah yes, Beyond Good and Evil truly was a great game.

Also, HylianTom, your avatar is adorable
Thanks! He was my pride and joy :)

ChairmanJake.jpg

It doesn't really matter if it can get ps360 multiplatform games.

What truly matters is if it can run ps4-720 multiplatform games without them being stripped down/fucked up versions like chop till you drop dead rising. etc.
See? This is where my skepticism begins. We'll get the rare full effort, but beyond that I'm not expecting great things. :(

tkscz

Yes, it was great but it falls too short when compared too whatever Zelda title.

I played both Wind waker and Beyond Good and Evil at around the same time and have to agree. Even with all the extra stuff to collect, I beat BGaE in about 2 and a half weeks, where it took me a month to beat wind waker. Though the last boss of BGaE was cheap as hell.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I would estimate development on Kid Icarus Uprising ended around Fall 2011 (6-ish months seems reasonable, yes?), so he had about 9 months of development time come E3 (although I'm not sure if he'd immediately start working on SSB4). At that stage, I don't think any gameplay would be shown, it's quite possible however that a little CG trailer with some veterans and a newcomer or two are shown.
I very much doubt KI went gold in 2011. January seems much more likely though.

From what I remember Nintendo "won" that E3 on GAF, but mostly based on the Wii queues and Mario Galaxy gameplay on the showfloor, and the SSBB trailer. The conference itself was ok but not so well received around here.
Check the reaction yourself. People are über excited to me, the only real complaints are about the graphics, but mst of it are people going crazy about how awesome the conference is.

This little segment just impressed me more than the whole Sony Conference, except Metal Gear.

Damn, that was balls out, no talk, just come out showing the games

HOLY FUCKING HELLL!!!!!!!!!!!!MARIO IS FUCKING GEORGEOUS

HOLY SHIT @ MARIO! / METROID! / PILOTWINGS / PINBALL / DIRT TRUCK RACING / :lol WARIOWARE / TENNIS / BASEBALL? / GOLF? / RED STEEL! / ZELDA!!!!

AWESOME. NINTENDO DELIVERS.

That opening video's great. Gotta give it an 'A' so far!

Damn, they've even taken swipes at Sony already...

I'm liking this.

Wow, intro video:

Mario
Zelda
Red Steel
Pilotwings?
Prime 3?

All in just the intro vid. That was SICK

Mario looks so great! So does Zelda! And Metroid!

Nintendo wins E3. Congratulations Nintendo.

There is not way Microsoft confrence can beat that out. not even Halo can beat that trailer. Nintendo has just launched one knock out blow. I wonder what more they have instored?:)

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
43 days away from Nintendo's E3 2012 Press Conference, and we should easily be on the sixth speculation thread by then.

Get ready to buckle in everyone, because the 26th is going to be the start of the long, bumpy, dirt-road portion of the ride to E3!

I'd be surprised if retro didn't show a trailer for their latest project at e3. If also be surprised if said game didn't come out this year or within the launch window. Anyone think we'll get a smash bros. teaser from sakurai?

Yeah, that 'crunch time' quote from Retro has me believing that their game will come out this year.

As for Smash, the game better come out as soon as possible. Games like Mario Kart, Smash, Wii ___, that have long legs; it's in Nintendo's best interest to have them out. The longer they are out the more copies they will sell, systems they will move and the online communities for these games will grow. Mario Kart 7 was rushed out of the for this purpose. Of course there is a chance that these games would come out buggy, like MK7, but at least Nintendo is patching it now.

Linkhero1

I very much doubt KI went gold in 2011. January seems much more likely though.

Agreed. I do, however, believe they could have had a smaller group already working on assets and such. Wasn't Brawl developed by a bunch of people compared to Melee? They could have started developing Smash Wii U late 2011.

Really? I read somewhere that it absolutely bombed outside of Japan, but maybe Capcom's expectations were low, or I just was misinformed.

And I don't doubt there'll be a Capcom fighter for the WiiU, I just don't think it'll be Darkstalkers. That probably will be PS3 exclusive, seeing how Capcom is crawling up Sony's ass lately.
TVC bombed in Japan, but somehow actually did okay in the west. I think it's first NPD was around 70k or something.

And lol, no, there's zero chance DS4 is PS3 exclusive. Capcom's never developed a PS3 exclusive and most likely never will. If DS4 happens it'll be multiplatform without question.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Agreed. I do, however, believe they could have had a smaller group already working on assets and such. Wasn't Brawl developed by a bunch of people compared to Melee? They could have started developing Smash Wii U later 2011.

We'll see come e3 if you're right but honestly I think ki took up all of sakurai's time and resources.

Yeah, that 'crunch time' quote from Retro has me believing that their game will come out this year.

As for Smash, the game better come out as soon as possible. Games like Mario Kart, Smash, Wii ___, that have long legs; it's in Nintendo's best interest to have them out. The longer they are out the more copies they will sell, systems they will move and the online communities for these games will grow. Mario Kart 7 was rushed out of the for this purpose. Of course there is a chance that these games would come out buggy, like MK7, but at least Nintendo is patching it now.

It's truly unfortunate that mk 7 was rushed because it had so much potential (imagine a fully fledged mission mode). I'd be surprised if we didn't see mk wiiu by next year to counteract Durango/orbis launches.

TVC bombed in Japan, but somehow actually did okay in the west. I think it's first NPD was around 70k or something.

Ah, there we go. Must've scrambled it in my mind then, and remembered it incorrectly. My bad.
...tho it still bombed in Japan, which is the most important market to Capcom.

And lol, no, there's zero chance DS4 is PS3 exclusive. Capcom's never developed a PS3 exclusive and most likely never will. If DS4 happens it'll be multiplatform without question.

I wasn't serious with that statement, I am just venting a bit of steam about Capcom. I don't have much faith in their business plan anymore, though, so I wouldn't even be surprised if my prediction came true. Who knows.

BD1

Banned
It's truly unfortunate that mk 7 was rushed because it had so much potential (imagine a fully fledged mission mode). I'd be surprised if we didn't see mk wiiu by next year to counteract Durango/orbis launches.

Mission mode? In Mario Kart? Huh?

I don't think Mario Kart was rushed out. It's got some awful, awful (soon to be patched) glitches but it's also packed full of features like communities and customization. It's the definitive Mario Kart as far as I'm concerned.

HylianTom

Banned
Check the reaction yourself. People are über excited to me, the only real complaints are about the graphics, but mst of it are people going crazy about how awesome the conference is.

This little segment just impressed me more than the whole Sony Conference, except Metal Gear.

Damn, that was balls out, no talk, just come out showing the games

HOLY FUCKING HELLL!!!!!!!!!!!!MARIO IS FUCKING GEORGEOUS

HOLY SHIT @ MARIO! / METROID! / PILOTWINGS / PINBALL / DIRT TRUCK RACING / :lol WARIOWARE / TENNIS / BASEBALL? / GOLF? / RED STEEL! / ZELDA!!!!

AWESOME. NINTENDO DELIVERS.

That opening video's great. Gotta give it an 'A' so far!

Damn, they've even taken swipes at Sony already...

I'm liking this.

Wow, intro video:

Mario
Zelda
Red Steel
Pilotwings?
Prime 3?

All in just the intro vid. That was SICK

Mario looks so great! So does Zelda! And Metroid!

Nintendo wins E3. Congratulations Nintendo.

There is not way Microsoft confrence can beat that out. not even Halo can beat that trailer. Nintendo has just launched one knock out blow. I wonder what more they have instored?:)

A proposal: sometime shortly before E3, we're going to have to have a NintendoGAF viewing of E3 2006 and E3 2011. Perhaps the weekend before? It'd be a great Friday night unwinding event!

Mission mode? In Mario Kart? Huh?

Probably referring to the mission mode in MKDS. E.g. make 10 golden drift boosts in a round of a course, shoot boxes with green shells, etc.

I don't think Mario Kart was rushed out. It's got some awful, awful (soon to be patched) glitches but it's also packed full of features like communities and customization. It's the definitive Mario Kart as far as I'm concerned.

Mario Kart 7 feels a bit weak to me, to be honest. Most of the new tracks are pretty disappointing save a few (like 1-2 per cup), and some of the tracks seem like an afterthought (Cheep Cheep Cape, for instance). Also, I will never forgive it to have the worst iteration of Bowser's Castle, and the only one that isn't amazing.

Oh wow! Dem grammatik hat viel schwer!

that's wrong on, at least, three levels. Great stuff!

Actually, that was completely taken out of context and part of a sentence which used accurate grammar. And yours is waaaaaay off, my friend.

This is the full sentence, btw:
"Offizielle Informationen von Nintendo über den Erscheinungstermin der Wii U gibt es bislang nicht.", which, freely translated, translates into "The release date of the Wii U has not yet been officially confirmed by Nintendo."

I think they've outright admitted MK7 was rushed because the 3DS was floundering. The game had to come out that Christmas.

But it's still fun, so whatever. I imagine, barring a major incident, MK8 is in production for Wii U and will probably hit in winter of 2013, so that should give it a good two years.

rhoq

43 days away from Nintendo's E3 2012 Press Conference, and we should easily be on the sixth speculation thread by then.

Get ready to buckle in everyone, because the 26th is going to be the start of the long, bumpy, dirt-road portion of the ride to E3!

Is it confirmed that Nintendo Press Conference will be held on Tuesday, June 5th?

I see that Microsoft and Sony are both having their events on Monday the 4th.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/04/12/e3-2012-press-conference-schedule.aspx

Ah, there we go. Must've scrambled it in my mind then, and remembered it incorrectly. My bad.
...tho it still bombed in Japan, which is the most important market to Capcom.
Well, UAS was really a western focused product, so western sales were likely the more important issue in this case. CGH did badly in Japan too (although still better than every 360 Capcom fighter) but it also had an arcade release to recoup investment from.

I wasn't serious with that statement, I am just venting a bit of steam about Capcom. I don't have much faith in their business plan anymore, though, so I wouldn't even be surprised if my prediction came true. Who knows.
I'd still find it surprising since it'll never happen. PS3 has less exclusive fighters than either 360 or Wii do, and less Capcom exclusives as well.

Conor 419

Banned
Of the big three, I felt Nintendo won 2010 and 2011, but damn 2011 was all over the place. It really makes me wonder what they would have shown that year if they didn't decide to bring the Wii U out early.

At one point, didn't Iwata literally just walk on stage and say 'Hey guys, I'll be back on in a bit guys' and then he walked off again.

StevieP

Banned
1 weekend, 50 pages.... seriously guys? I don't know how you do it. lol

Is there a concise summary in the last few pages that I should search for with any *actual* news, or is it still mostly insanity?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
1 weekend, 50 pages.... seriously guys? I don't know how you do it. lol

Is there a concise summary in the last few pages that I should search for with any *actual* news, or is it still mostly insanity?

We found our alternate reality selves, and they speak fluent spanish. That is all you need to know

HylianTom

Banned
imh, the 2010 conference was WAY better than 2011.
I actually agree. But I was going for a console reveal theme:
2006::: the last time Nintendo had a new console blowout.
2011::: the last time Nintendo gave us a peek at new hardware.

But your post gives me an even better idea! A late-night marathon viewing session from E3 2006 - the E3 that changed the industry's landscape - all the way through last year's E3! Six years of E3 goodness, all in one night... it might be crazy enough to work!

kami_sama

But your post gives me an even better idea! A late-night marathon viewing session from E3 2006 - the E3 that changed the industry's landscape - all the way through last year's E3! Six years of E3 goodness, all in one night... it might be crazy enough to work!

Well, that's the most awesome and at the same time crazy idea I've ever read. Count me in!

I actually agree. But I was going for a console reveal theme:
2006::: the last time Nintendo had a new console blowout.
2011::: the last time Nintendo gave us a peek at new hardware.

Your viewing ideas are pretty awesome, but I might even opt for watching E3 2006 N-conf immediately prior to their new conference, so it'll be fresh in my mind.

HylianTom

Banned
Well, that's the most awesome and at the same time crazy idea I've ever read. Count me in!

Your viewing ideas are pretty awesome, but I might even opt for watching E3 2006 N-conf immediately prior to their new conference, so it'll be fresh in my mind.
I'm thinking about the weekend before E3 starts. It'd be great timing!
(but I haven't the foggiest idea on how to do this kind of broadcast..)

So, don't leave me in suspense! :D

Sadly, there is no Wikipedia List of E3 Winners. What's the general year by year consensus from 1995 until now?
I wouldn't say there's generally consensus. It's like asking what the consensus is about which console is best. Nintendo guys are more likely to care about things shown at the Nintendo presentation, a Final Fantasy guy would care more about a new trailer at the Sony presentation or XIII showing up at MS's, and so on.

Hiltz

The announcement of Twilight Princess was awesome. The actual trailer was not so hot in my opinion. Still, it was better than the debut trailer of Skyward Sword. Don't shoot me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom