• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigger version of the Project Cars image.

scaled.php

Its been a Wii U news day. Lovely.

is this controlled like a gyro wheel to turn? or using buttons?

My problem with character with characterizing fandom as an abusive relationship is that it's a rather generic description. Every company is going to let down some of its fans at some point, and I suppose with Nintendo, here, in this thread, each disappointment is magnified due to childhood memories.

I imagine Sony fans are getting pretty tired of Sony's format shenanigans like their Vita memory sticks being unnecessarily too expensive. And their handling of Backwards Compatibility, a concept of which they were one of the pioneers, beggars belief.

I don't follow Microsoft much, but I think their core fanbase is rather unappreciative of anything Kinect has to offer, especially when some of those titles would be labeled as "kiddy" and "casual" as anything Nintendo would have made, and possibly more.

I've found that in gaming fandom, the following is true:

When reality is "The company services the dedicated audience and the general audience equally"

Then the fans' reality is "The company has utterly abandoned the dedicated audience"

Yep, gamers are a finicky bunch. They do get legitimately taken advantage of now and then (oddly, though, they often don't care when that happens), but they tend to go into Battle Mode on topics that are exaggerated beyond belief.

Actually, this sounds a lot like people who have strong beliefs in politics, now that I think about it.

I hate doing this, but I am exhausted from an info session I had for 6 hours, can someone please recap what has happened here since 9am?

I'll love you forever <3

#13800: Rayman Legends Wii U trailer leaked

#13812: Wii U DRC appears identical in Rayman trailer compared to in E3 2011

#13843: Mystery dark oval resembling Wii Remote IR camera now on DRC?

#13859: Ideaman, "This is NOT the final & definitive controller. The one used in this trailer isn't the 'updated' model."

#14026: cvg mistakes devkit DRC connector for sign that controller won't be wireless

#14055: giflet from Rayman trailer showing NFC in action

#14143: Info recap: "four confirmed Ubisoft titles&#8230; Assassin's Creed III&#8230; Killer Freaks from Outer Space&#8230; Ghost Recon Online&#8230; Rayman Legends"

#14221: Miyamoto interview from the Guardian

#14406: Project CARS - Wii U-specific details

#14430: Project CARS leaked document screenshots

Also lots of actual speculation concerning DRC gameplay ideas and NFC concepts.

so why is Project CARS all over WiiU today? did some NDA lift?

There's an explanation for that here

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I could swear Ubisoft planned this I mean come on ideaman knew about the whole thing before the leak

I bet if someone tracked it back to a source they would find it was a leak...
also kinda fishy that it came out the day Sony Smash came out :|

why would Nintendo care about this nothing big was shown and the game is not exclusive to WiiU

You guys are giving Ideaman WAY too much credit. I have nothing against Ideaman, I actually enjoy his posts as of late. He has grown on me. But come on, read the original post. :lol

Also, Ubisoft and especially Nintendo would not intentionally leak a trailer with a wired dev kit controller.

Glass Joe

Some screenshots from the PDF.

Thanks for the info! I'd (embarrassingly) assumed Project Cars was just some Pixar junk I didn't give a crap about. Seeing some screens along with the info provided makes it now interesting. Wii never had a Project Gotham / Forza / Gran Turismo type of game... So even though this is multi-platform, it could fill a very much needed void in Nintendo's line-up.

ProjectCarsPDF said:
Screen as primary view - IE... allowing you to transfer play of the game between the TV and on-the-go around the house.

Hmm either they're hopefully optimistic and don't really know, or the range actually allows us to play in our bedrooms and bathrooms after all?

Tyeforce

21 years old here, started gaming with Donkey Kong on the NES. When I was younger I was a much more casual gamer, only occasionally playing my NES, though this is probably because I had very few games, and I never did own a SNES of my own when I was growing up. It wasn't until Pokémon came along that I really started getting into video games, and that's when I got my second and third video game systems, the Nintendo 64 and Game Boy Color, respectively. After that, it was Super Smash Bros. that really got me into everything Nintendo. Nintendo games and characters have always clicked with me, whereas other games haven't. That's not to say that I haven't tried many third party games or non-Nintendo consoles, however. But Nintendo is the only company who I know will always have something for me. No matter what, there will always be another game right around the corner from Nintendo that will appeal to me. That's why I stick with Nintendo and am primarily a Nintendo gamer. There are so many games that I enjoy from Nintendo that I have no need to spend money on other consoles, and even if I did there wouldn't be many games that appeal to me (not saying that there aren't any at all), plus with all the Nintendo games that I have now I don't really have time for other games.

You guys are giving Ideaman WAY too much credit. I have nothing against Ideaman, I actually enjoy his posts as of late. He has grown on me. But come on, read the original post. :lol

Also, Ubisoft and especially Nintendo would not intentionally leak a trailer with a wired dev kit controller.

okay was the Rayman Legend thing on a blog before he posted about it in detail?
His post before the trailer hit was very detailed so unless he read it on a blog I think we should give him credit that he had his own source

32 and the Nintendo was the first console I got brand new when my parents bought it for me for Christmas with Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong, and Ghosts and Goblins.

I stayed a fan of Nintendo's through the SNES.

But stopped owning Nintendo systems after that, I skipped the N64 and Gamecube. Instead I got a PS1 and PS2 during those generations.

Nintendo got me back with the Wii and I re-fell in love with the company. I am hugely excited for the WiiU, as the Wii has been my most played system of the generation. (I still love you PS3).

One great thing with the Wii was I was able to collect many titles I missed out on during the GCN era and used VC to play several N64 games I missed out on. This has been an awesome generation. (Metroid Prime 1&2...how could I have missed out on those awesome masterpieces of games!!??!!)

BurntPork

Banned
Look beyond Crytek and to EA instead. EA is Crytek's budget and publishing deal for Crysis 3. Regardless of Crytek's intentions, if EA said "we don't have interest in publishing Crysis 3 for the Wii U", then they wouldn't bother, as EA owns the IP. Homefront though? That's THQ. THQ are all over the Wii U. Low and behold, Crytek's THQ game is on the Wii U.

I didn't know that EA actually owns the IP.

Still, you would think that they'd have said it in a more tactful way.

Shurayuki

Not if Universal has anything to say about this.

I wouldn't want to think that you could get sued over a WIP teaser/trailer that wasn't even "officially" released, that would be scary. Though if they sue, we might get a new console out of it, Ubisoft to take Sony's spot? ;P
(ye good olde Donkey Kong lawsuit reference)

Nilaul

#13800: Rayman Legends Wii U trailer leaked

#13812: Wii U DRC appears identical in Rayman trailer compared to in E3 2011

#13843: Mystery dark oval resembling Wii Remote IR camera now on DRC?

#13859: Ideaman, "This is NOT the final & definitive controller. The one used in this trailer isn't the 'updated' model."

#14026: cvg mistakes devkit DRC connector for sign that controller won't be wireless

#14055: giflet from Rayman trailer showing NFC in action

#14143: Info recap: "four confirmed Ubisoft titles… Assassin's Creed III… Killer Freaks from Outer Space… Ghost Recon Online… Rayman Legends"

#14221: Miyamoto interview from the Guardian

#14406: Project CARS - Wii U-specific details

Also lots of actual speculation concerning DRC gameplay ideas and NFC concepts.

There's an explanation for that here

Here links to your post

Anth0ny

That Sony Smash Bros thread is downright insane right now. I was the victim of a classic NeoGAF "50 people quote you and say the same thing" attack. Over a joke :lol

More importantly, with the whole "Nintendo going digital" news, I'm considering importing a Wii U from Japan. I'd be able to buy Japanese retail games digitally, right? Cutting out the middle man for importing games (read: inflating the price like a mother fucker) would be real nice.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Bigger version of the Project Cars image.

scaled.php

Its been a Wii U news day. Lovely.

the wheel buttons looks like M&M's, i'm hungry ><

I could swear Ubisoft planned this I mean come on ideaman knew about the whole thing before the leak

I bet if someone tracked it back to a source they would find it was a leak...
also kinda fishy that it came out the day Sony Smash came out :|

why would Nintendo care about this nothing big was shown and the game is not exclusive to WiiU

Like i said, they surely fear nothing, it's positive buzz on the short road leading to E3, and nothing revolutionary revealed. The only tidbit that could annoy Nintendo is the "hey it's wired ?!!!" comments, but informed communities did a good job of self-moderation/correction and precise that it's just dev kits + the explanation of Ubi.

Yeah I fully understand. I have no issues that it happened to him. I just think that posts here that do nothing but criticize the posters in the thread are just as bad, if not worse, but it seems like they always choose the most convenient times to do so and not get caught. :/

Anyway, thanks for the explanation and not getting mad.
Assuming that post isn't being held against me. lol Though I also understand if it is.

Back on topic... Wait, how is the current discussion on topic? o_O;

The Mods are not omniscient and it would be unfair to expect them to be.

In fact, they explicitly acknowledge this on more than one occasion in the FAQ section of GAF.

For example:
...if moderators seem to be missing the thread, just call it to our attention via PM.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427771

I respectfully suggest that if any GAFer has any issue with anything that is posted on GAF then then the most fruitful course of action would be to take the Mods up on this invitation and raise it with them.

That would certainly seem to be more productive than complaining about it, without alerting a Mod, and harbouring a sense of grievance.

No?

Oh and 46 here. Or is it 64? One loses track after a certain point.

Shurayuki

That Sony Smash Bros thread is downright insane right now. I was the victim of a classic NeoGAF "50 people quote you and say the same thing" attack. Over a joke :lol

More importantly, with the whole "Nintendo going digital" news, I'm considering importing a Wii U from Japan. I'd be able to buy Japanese retail games digitally, right? Cutting out the middle man for importing games (read: inflating the price like a mother fucker) would be real nice.

You should feel flattered ;P

That's what I'm talking about, yeah it would seem so. Most exciting about Wii U in my eyes for now &#9829;

Here links to your post

Correct

That line of my post explains why Project CARS caused people go get all crazytown in the Wii U thread today. :)

Nintendo would have the option of blocking your IP by location unless you somehow got your router to force requests from your Wii U to use a proxy in Japan.

Deguello

I give IdeaMan credit! He's French and I speak a little of it! J'ai mangé une omelette avec les oignons ce matin! C'est bon!

It's not the best credential but it's good enough pour moi.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Dude, your post was implying that Sony actually copied the use of the primary colors red, yellow, green and blue from Super Smash Brothers.

That's one of the dumbest things I have ever read, it does not even remotely work as a joke, and you got called out for it. I'm glad you backed out of that thread to cool off a little amongst friends. ;)

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!

Well as i said, i hinted about this game on speculation thread 3, even maybe thread 2.
"Expect another Ubi project that isn't AC3, GRO, Freaks, rabbids & your shape" x 10 + the fact that i stated yesterday "it's a confirmation that it will come to Wii U", i knew it was in development on the system, and it wasn't a certainty until today that this project would come on the Wii U.

It's the tier 3 of my attempt to legitimate my info. I guess that even at tier 4 (i have a lot of cartridges left before the E3), some people will still doubt me :p

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
okay was the Rayman Legend thing on a blog before he posted about it in detail?
His post before the trailer hit was very detailed so unless he read it on a blog I think we should give him credit that he had his own source

Leaked through survey; pic on kotaku, article with all the environments he named.

Same day he made that post.

Shurayuki

Nintendo would have the option of blocking your IP by location unless you somehow got your router to force requests from your Wii U to use a proxy in Japan.

Yeah they do that on 3DS for stuff like the TV and Video channel, but it's very easy to get around that (PacketX free VPN and Connectify).

Also if you rename your connection to "attwifi" in your router or whatever and remove the security your 3DS will think it's in the "Nintendo Zone".

*looks at Sony All Stars thread*

Sheesh

I'm not looking at the thread, but it seems like a rather fun game. I hope Nintendo takes a tip from here and makes a similar game on their next console.

Seriously, though, I like this kind of fighter a lot more than the "traditional fighters", especially with all the extra added randomness that even super hardcore Smash fans seem to hate. I even got that TMNT fighter, though it ended up being underwhelming and should have been put in the oven for much longer.

BurntPork

Banned
The Mods are not omniscient and it would be unfair to expect them to be.

In fact, they explicitly acknowledge this on more than one occasion in the FAQ section of GAF.

For example:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427771

I respectfully suggest that if any GAFer has any issue with anything that is posted on GAF then then the most fruitful course of action would be to take the Mods up on this invitation and raise it with them.

That would certainly seem to be more productive than complaining about it, without alerting a Mod, and harbouring a sense of grievance.

No?

Oh and 46 here. Or is it 64? One loses track after a certain point.

Um, I understand fully. I'm not blaming the mods for the part that you bolded; rather, I'm saying like it seems like those guys wait until they don't think there's anyone there to make them stop.

C'est si bon!

why are you fools still posting in Sony Smash?
I would be so banned in that thread because I truly hate the look of that dark and moody mature game :3

I'm joking!

no

yes

si

oui

Anth0ny

Lol over my joke post?

I mentioned that even the colors used for P1/P2/P3/P4 were the same as in Smash Bros! (Obviously those colors are used in many, many games)

Apparently, this game is absolutely not a ripoff of Smash in any way and insinuating such a thing in that thread will be met with "what a Nintendo fanboy!" and "are you dumb?" posts.

Come on Nintendo, I want to buy your games/consoles twice. Don't turn me down =(

BY2K

Membero Americo
Apparently, this game is absolutely not a ripoff of Smash in any way and insinuating such a thing in that thread will be met with "what a Nintendo fanboy!" and "are you dumb?" posts.

Best joke I heard today.

I mean, c'mon! It might have a different flavour, but it's clearly based on Smash.

I'm not sure it's legit, but I saw what is apparently a picture of the Sony All-Star devs' office, and it had a Wii in the background.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I mentioned that even the colors used for P1/P2/P3/P4 were the same as in Smash Bros! (Obviously those colors are used in many, many games)

Haha oh wow. Your backpedaling is even saltier than the original post.

Can you imagine Nintendo releasing over 500 pokemon models going the Skylanders route.

I really don't see them doing that. As much as people think it's an amazing marketing move, there simply isn't the retail space for such a line.
Now, doing it with like plastic playing cards? Yup, that'll happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom