• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread The Third: Casting Dreams in The Castle of Miyamoto

now i miss my N64 too :(

you guys are killing me

I have to see if I can find my old ebay password and spend money I should not be spending lol

I still have mine.

The only old system I kept.

My Wii crashed so before getting another one, I hooked up that bad boy and played some Conker.

Blurry as hell but still s fun as ever.

sony is all about bleeding edge. The thought of them pulling a wii seems so.... wrong.

That's only a new development with the PS3 and PSP, and is not the case with the PS, PS2, and Vita. Remember the Vita is using 2008/2009 off the shelf parts. I'm not trying to knock the system or anything, I just don't think it's an example of Sony going bleeding edge. Well maybe with that OLED screen, but that's about it.

I think if Sony is smart, they'll look to the PS and PS2 and say hmmm what made these 2 systems huge successes and the PS3 and the PSP not. Hopefully they'll realize that the PS, and PS2 were both well balanced between price and performance. Neither one was a blow your doors off bleeding edge, future proof machine. Both gave solid performance, at a fair price. That's what they need to do with the PS4.

I've said it before and I'll fucking say it again. DOWN WITH 599.99 US DOLLARS CONSOLES AND THE 10 YEAR LIFE CYCLE! I want modestly priced hardware, and 5, 6 year TOPS life cycles. I think that's what the mainstream wants as well. I really don't think the average person wants a 600 - 700 dollar console that they hold onto for 10 years.

Wiz

now i miss my N64 too :(

you guys are killing me

I have to see if I can find my old ebay password and spend money I should not be spending lol

Great memories huh?

I need to get another N64 just for the sole purpose of finishing DK64. I'm secretly hoping for some type of remake/re-release though.

Anth0ny

My launch N64 from 1996 is still connected and going strong. Currently playing Conker.

I also picked up that transparent blue controller posted above last year. So nice. N64 had the best colors ever, hands down.

Down with just black and white. Down with sleek. Down with "matching my entertainment center." GIVE ME ASSORTED FUNKY COLORS OR GIVE ME DEATH.

Mind, Gamecube was magenta, not purple, if I'm not being mislead.

Indigo, not magenta. Magenta is kind of a pinkish purplish.
lol, I remember when my friends would ask me, "Why did you get purple instead of black?", I would tell them, "It's NOT purple! - it's indigo!"

Ladies.....

ZV319.jpg

it was purple. :p

I don't know where all my hardware went but I had every home console from Nintendo :(

I even had a spice gamecube controller I got for my black gamecube and I purchased that from nintendo.com :(

It sucks that I could not keep my stuff safe
I should really get myself a spice gamecube now to make me feel better but I want to pay for Xenoblade I'll have to keep myself from spending too much

I don't even have the mario twins for my 3DS yet...

Doogdogg

There was an old GX trailer showing a Lightning Cylinder stage. That might've turn into Fire Zone. But it looks like a ton of fun to play in. Bring back F-Zero.

HylianTom

Banned
U9J0k.png

now imagine that it went left to right and back to left again and for some reason kept calling you Michael.

Red kinda fits. It's the color of Mario, and of their logo.

All of this talk is making me hope against hope for a redesign of the U.

And purple would be great to see come back.

HylianTom

Banned
The folks who did the artwork for the Lanyru Mining Facility in Skyward Sword should do the artistic work for the console. I loved that colorful, playful geometric design.

Pappasman

what about the gamecube start up? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS8R9RjZ57E

I am looking for that spininning cube menu too

why is Nintendo lazy now these were fun but I guess it masked loadtimes?

don't tell me this in HD would not be so sexy if it used lights and color changing as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUHJUJkbv-k

I would love for the Wii U to have a little opening animation like the gamecube did. Thats probably one of the most memorable aspects of the console.

Wiz

I love this Dreamcast 2 concept.

It would be nice if the Wii U had a similar look. In fact, the Wii should take as much stuff from the DC as possible except the poor sales.

Sexy.
It already has the screen on the controller so why not.

Dat DPI.

How can anybody say that screen isn't beautiful to look at!?

speaking of that stupid thread what if Nintendo upped the DPI even more or change the screen size? Can they do that without affecting games that have already been in development?

I'm just thinking its a year later and prices on these elements must have gone down by now well at least it would mean cheaper uPads to keep the same tech

speaking of that stupid thread what if Nintendo upped the DPI even more or change the screen size? Can they do that without affecting games that have already been in development?

I'm just thinking its a year later and prices on these elements must have gone down by now well at least it would mean cheaper uPads to keep the same tech

They would have to make it a resolution that would scale easily.
So the next step would be making it a 720p screen... which probably isn't happening.

IdeaMan (or anyone) any more clues about the GPU?

It goes WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I think the WiiU may just shock us :3

I hope anyway, I don't think we will see the same hardware we saw last E3

as long as they don't change too much of it I don't want to find out they added 3D to play 3DS games because I cannot see 3D :| so no 3DS player for me

Cookychan

Banned
I was really hoping when you did everything in Lanayru the whole thing would time-shift, that art and colorful-ness is eye-sex.

Wiz

I think the WiiU may just shock us :3

I hope anyway, I don't think we will see the same hardware we saw last E3

as long as they don't change too much of it I don't want to find out they added 3D to play 3DS games because I cannot see 3D :| so no 3DS player for me

Doesn't it have 3D functionality built in?

Top Bottom