• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread The Third: Casting Dreams in The Castle of Miyamoto

Would be great. They actually are conservative in spending like Nintendo but I doubt Nintendo would buy them. Once you buy a company the talent leaves and I don't think their IPs are enough to entice Nintendo.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Dynasty Warriors
Rygor
Ninja Gaiden
Samurai Warriors
Dynasty Tactics

Good titles but not special. If Nintendo wanted titles then they buy Sega/Sammy.

Also Nintendo really just buys smaller companies like Retro and Monolith. Smaller companies have employees that will probably stay working for Nintendo so Nintendo can acquire talent for less cost.

I agree that smaller companies are far more appropriate, I mean Nintendo has a handful of companies they've worked with that would be a great fit; Next Level Games, Monster Games, Good-Feel, skip, Vanpool, etc. They basically have HAL, Game Freak, Creatures, and Genius Sonority in control despite not being 1st-party, I think it's because Nintendo owns the building(s) they reside in. Not sure about Alpha Dream, Ambrella, and Noise. Ambrella might be in a Nintendo-owned building, I think Shikamaru Ninja said as such. Camelot is surely not owned in anyway, as they tried to branch into PC development, though they didn't even release I Love Golf.

Koei Tecmo would be WAY too big for Nintendo to control, just how many folks are there? Hundreds? Thousands?

so are we going to have a battle at E3 now?

WiiU vs Dungo?

If Microsoft cancelled a game for the Nextbox that has been in dev for 7 months any reason not to have stuff ready for E3 since they can afford to cancel projects for it already

fernoca

Justin Bailey Miyamoto.
You will now think of him in a bikini.

No Captain Smoker, but..

This?

9o9zD.png

Well, no bikini..but .. :p

frostbyte

I'd like to do one big GAF podcast (just a group session on Skype, basically) after each conference to get people's on-the-spot reaction.

Sure, I'm game as well. I'd probably be saying HOLY CRAP at Miyamoto dancing or something small like that :p

Would be great. They actually are conservative in spending like Nintendo but I doubt Nintendo would buy them. Once you buy a company the talent leaves and I don't think their IPs are enough to entice Nintendo.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Dynasty Warriors
Rygor
Ninja Gaiden
Samurai Warriors
Dynasty Tactics

Good titles but not special. If Nintendo wanted titles then they buy Sega/Sammy.

Also Nintendo really just buys smaller companies like Retro and Monolith. Smaller companies have employees that will probably stay working for Nintendo so Nintendo can acquire talent for less cost.

ew. Tecom Koei doesn't have that many good IPs especially since Itagaki left (devalutation of Ninja Gaiden) + it would be really hard for Nintendo to manage such a large company. Even Retro has only like 70 employees, right? I could see an exclusive game/multiplat game with exclusive Nintendo characters in the Wii U version but that's all.

I'd much prefer them working with Sega.
PLZ REVIVE SONIC DIMENSIONS RUMOUR ;_;

Nintendo seems to prefer to work with smaller companies like Next Level Games or Monster, slowly building their experience and prestige, turning them into 2nd parties or buying them if they're valuable enough. Also, much easier to manage < 50 employees at these smaller companies.

edit: HOLY CRAP, these pictures are amazing. I really wonder what Miyamoto/Iwata/Reggie think when they see these.

I'm not saying Nintendo WILL buy KT, it just seems that to me, the close partnership is kinda to me leaning towards it, but it is a stretch, I'm sure this kind of partnership has happened before, whether it was between other companies or Nintendo themselves were working closely with other companies in a similar fashion with no buyout, I hope that's clearer of my point of view. :)

As for where I heard about the Bandai and Monolith bit from, I do remember seeing the Bandai part in a GameSpot article, but Monolith might have been second-hand info from possibly a user, that's why I said I recalled it but I showed uncertainty.

Here's the Bandai bit:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/nintendo-claims-a-chunk-of-bandai-6076928

http://www.gamespot.com/news/nintendo-bid-to-buy-bandai-back-on-front-burner-6083620

I didn't want to accidentally spread any facts, as I repeat, I wasn't 100% certain at least with the Monolith bit, but the Monolith buyout happened anyway, it's just this apparent reason that's uncertain and of course could be untrue.

I don't hate your idea it would give them more man power to boost production a bit
they don't really have to use Tecmo Koei IPs but it would keep these things off PS3/360

this is the kind of thing Hiroshi Yamauchi would have done that old pimp knew how to cockblock

wsippel

Banned
I don't remember, but somebody (bgassassin?) wrote a few days ago that a lot more companies than usual worked on the Wii U chipset? My guess:

• IBM (CPU)
  • Cadence (CPU)
  • Qimonda (eDRAM)
  • AMD (GPU)
  • SoCtronics (IO)
  • ST-Ericsson (A/V streaming)
  • Texas Instruments or Modiotek (DSP)

frostbyte

I don't hate your idea it would give them more man power to boost production a bit
they don't really have to use Tecmo Koei IPs but it would keep these things off PS3/360

this is the kind of thing Hiroshi Yamauchi would have done that old pimp knew how to cockblock

Current age Nintendo under Iwata wouldn't cockblock like the great Yamauchi. Iwata's much more subtle like simple moneyhatting of certain franchises to delay the rise of another competitor's handheld.

I don't remember, but somebody (bgassassin?) wrote a few days ago that a lot more companies than usual worked on the Wii U chipset? My guess:

• IBM (CPU)
  • Cadence (CPU)
  • Qimonda (eDRAM)
  • AMD (GPU)
  • SoCtronics (IO)
  • ST-Ericsson (A/V streaming)
  • Texas Instruments or Modiotek (DSP)

and we can't get a damn leak?

we need something because these gifs are becoming very disturbing Miyamoto has a nice ass and boobs :(

Current age Nintendo under Iwata wouldn't cockblock like the great Yamauchi. Iwata's much more subtle like simple moneyhatting of certain franchises to delay the rise of another competitor's handheld.

Current Nintendo is nice Nintendo

Old Nintendo was cut off your little pinky to restore your honor after visiting the Love Hotel Nintendo

frostbyte

Current Nintendo is nice Nintendo

Old Nintendo was cut off your little pinky to restore your honor after visiting the Love Hotel Nintendo

1Gcp2.jpg

Oh god, this picture's going to be spammed in the E3 2012 Nintendo thread.

We're never going to see the end of Miyamoto's glorious curves.

I bet some of those companies had gaffers who posted spam in these very threads laughing at us

Do the Big 3 really have people watching laughing at us?

*wink wink*

OH MY, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

fernoca

Do you guys prefer to do the Skype Chat during or after the conferences?
During would be nice, just for the sake of the impressions.
Then again, it will be worse than the thread in here about it..
OMG
OMG!!11
OMG
OGm
Omg
OMG :eek:!!!!!
O:!

HylianTom

Banned
Oh god, this picture's going to be spammed in the E3 2012 Nintendo thread.

We're never going to see the end of Miyamoto's glorious curves.

It's fantastical.

Side note: I wonder what the chances of a surprise-blowout unveiling of a new console from MS? 1%? 5%?

Could they keep such a secret? It'd make for an even more entertaining E3..

BY2K

Membero Americo
It's fantastical.

Side note: I wonder what the chances of a surprise-blowout unveiling of a new console from MS? 1%? 5%?

Could they keep such a secret? It'd make for an even more entertaining E3..

They couldn't keep the Slim a secret, they couldn't keep Halo 4 a secret.

If they plan a new console announcement, we'll know a few hours before the conference.

Maybe. Either way, I make good money guessing that shit correctly. Too bad DMP isn't publicly traded, as I guessed them correctly as well. ;)

smartest member on these boards, while others busy themselves photoshopping Miyamoto and Reggie you invest... I wish I had money to invest :(

Wii U is going to make a killing and those suppliers too

frostbyte

They couldn't keep the Slim a secret, they couldn't keep Halo 4 a secret.

If they plan a new console announcement, we'll know a few hours before the conference.

Microsoft mercenaries aren't as skilled as Nintendo Ninjas. Nintendo Ninjas have been in this business way longer. Just ask bgassassin :p

HylianTom

Banned
If they don't, I fear people will be jumping on the Xbox Fusion bandwagon. They've really got to bring out their A game for the conference and not have any confusion at all like last year.

It's what I heard from a friend. Anyone else know?

Naah.. we're gonna see Kinectimals 2 and some Cindy Crawford workout game.

Cookychan

Banned
We really will never see an end to Zero Suit 'Moto. Seriously though, HD Metroid with Zero Suit Samus will be sexy. Unless it's Miya-Samus, *cry*.

frostbyte

Naah.. we're gonna see Kinectimals 2 and some Cindy Crawford workout game.

Cue "Microsoft has betrayed the hardcore", "WTFISTHISSHIT Microsoft", "HMPH, I'LL JUST GO PC NEXT GEN".

edit: And I really doubt Microsoft is going to do another crappy E3, right? hmm....

Top Bottom