• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I reckon an interview, possibly with Miyamoto, where it was mentioned that the Game Pad screen kind of replaces the blue notification light in the slot drive. Could just be faulty memory, though.. trying to find it..

I said that. You are thinking about one of my posts.

I think I'll invest in baby wipes when I get dat black console to keep it clean
KuGsj.gif

Pre-ordered my Premium WiiU yesterday. Quite looking forward to launch. I haven't pre-ordered any games, but I'm thinking I'll grab NSMBU, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Rayman Legends and ZombiU at launch. I'm also going to grab Trine 2 from the e-shop, methinks, hopefully the gamepad integration is good, I could imagine it working really well for the Wizard.

jacksrb

Alright, someone help me decide what my last launch game will be.

1. Happy to have a home Wii U thread again!

2. I would say Nintendo Land if a) you liked Wii Sports Resort and b) will have people to play local multiplayer with. NL and ZombiU are going to be the most "unique/can't do that on another platform" games. I am still on the fence about Zombi U myself, as the game looks a little stressful and I haven't played any of the recent Batman games.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
It is a little odd for a Nintendo system that there is only one "E" luanch game I'm interested in getting. That game being Nintendoland. Other than that, I'm looking at M/T rated fair like Zombi U, ACIII, and Blops2. I would have been all over Pikmin 3 but that's been pushed to next year.

The_Lump

Banned
The forbidden part was the back of the console, this is the open slot on the front.

Hoping in modification, like adding a optical audio output.

Actually the OP of the 'HQ black console pics' thread said the front panel slot was out of bounds aswell.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Pre-ordered my Premium WiiU yesterday. Quite looking forward to launch. I haven't pre-ordered any games, but I'm thinking I'll grab NSMBU, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Rayman Legends and ZombiU at launch. I'm also going to grab Trine 2 from the e-shop, methinks, hopefully the gamepad integration is good, I could imagine it working really well for the Wizard.

All those games are launch?

I might consider Rayman and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as well then.

What does anyone think about the chance of one more megaton title announcement for launch window. It would send Wii U hype into fever pitch and IMO the pinnacle of marketing hype nirvana; a perfect conclusion to their efforts , thus. I don't think it beyond Nintendo, they've made announcements out of no where before. It feels so right that I'm tempted to put money on it.

Luigison

Where'd you pre-order?

I didn't think anywhere still had premium pre-orders.

I want the deluxe model for the bigger hard drive and the other stuff that comes with it, but I really really want it in white.

I guess I'll just be getting the base model. :(

From another thread, only got one response

Alright, someone help me decide what my last launch game will be. I'm definitely getting Mario, Rayman, and Sonic Racing day 1, which should be my 4th and last game? (I may get a 5th as well, depending)

Nintendo Land: best showcase of WiiU features, looks great, lots of multiplayer fun, and will probably the best game to show off the system and will probably be super polished... but I really don't want to spend $60 for minigames. ._.

Scribblenauts: I adore Scribblenauts and this one looks absolutely phenomenal, and I can get it for $40. But then I have 3 2D games for launch (which isn't a bad thing, but it's a bit much)

Tekken: I've never played Tekken and I'm not too good at fighters but the game looks really fun, has loads of replay value, loads of FREE DLC, the Nintendo love (Mushroom mode and costumes) and I may get good and get addicted... maybe

Assassins Creed 3: I've never played an AC game, but I've always been sorta interested in the series and AC3 looks great, and it will be nice to have a big, beautiful, meaty, full game for a launch. But, yeah... I've never played AC before. Is that a bad thing?

What do I choooooose (note, I'll be getting at least Scribblenauts and NL eventually, so I'm leaning towards Tekken or AC but I dunno)

I'd go with Nintendoland, as you're already looking at getting all those games eventually, and 1st party games usually stay high in price for longer than 3rd party games - so by the time you're done with your first games the remaining ones should have gone down in price noticeably.

jacksrb

What does anyone think about the chance of one more megaton title announcement for launch window. It would send Wii U hype into fever pitch and IMO the pinnacle of marketing hype nirvana; a perfect conclusion to their efforts , thus. I don't think it beyond Nintendo, they've made announcements out of no where before. It feels so right that I'm tempted to put money on it.

Beyond the imminent NFS Most Wanted announcement?

Terrell

No not just for covenience. I'm not sure all third party games will be available for download (I'm pretty sure of the opposite in fact).

not everyone wants digital games, thats why its an option. But more importantly only first part games are gauranteed digital on release. For 3rd parties, it is at their disccression and up to them. It is not mandatory.

And so far I havent heard any 3rd party retail games being announced for digital also yet.

Consider for a moment that there's a rumor of Nintendo offering a larger revenue cut on downloadable games.
Also consider that part of this rumor is that 3rd parties make significantly more money on download sales than retail packages thanks in part to this added revenue cut.
And lastly, consider the idea that 3rd-parties would never give Nintendo a point of sale entirely to themselves with no software visibility from 3rd-parties. EVER.

It's good to be back. Now we have somewhere to continue the "e6760 circle jerk".

Not to open up that line of discussion here, but I recall theorizing that Wii U used an Evergreen GPU as far back as WUST 2 or 3. I just love considering that I may have been right.

So instead of HW talk lets talk about something refreshing.

GAMEPLAY IDEAS!

Super Mario U:

You have a level in 2 different dimentions. On the TV you see the dimention you are currently in and on the gamepad you see the alternative dimention (Same camera without mario)

Anything you do in the dimention you are in changes the other dimention, and you can instantly see it on the gamepad. So you need to do something in one dimention to clear the way in the other one. So puzzles where you need to coordinate 2 dimentions.

You can switch dimentions any time.

Pare this with some great Jump and Run and Super Mario U

What would you like to see from Wii U gameplay?

This is a great idea. I had actually thought about this but for a Zelda game. No? Like Light and Dark world in ALTTP, but you can see both at the same time!

"Smash Bros. 4 is coming out... today!"

Terrell

Nibel

I figured that was confirmed by Inaba's statements that Nintendo was "willing to create and grow Bayonetta 2 together [with us]".

Though I am sure people will spin this into a terrible thing.

"OMG unlockable Princess Peach costume yea no thx"

Drago

1. Happy to have a home Wii U thread again!

2. I would say Nintendo Land if a) you liked Wii Sports Resort and b) will have people to play local multiplayer with. NL and ZombiU are going to be the most "unique/can't do that on another platform" games. I am still on the fence about Zombi U myself, as the game looks a little stressful and I haven't played any of the recent Batman games.

I'd go with Nintendoland, as you're already looking at getting all those games eventually, and 1st party games usually stay high in price for longer than 3rd party games - so by the time you're done with your first games the remaining ones should have gone down in price noticeably.

These are both good points (especially the 'Nintendo games never drop' point, completely forgot about that)... I guess I will go for NintendoLand after all. Thanks! (damn Nintendo, why no White Deluxe Set?!)

If I do get a 5th game, it will probably be Tekken or Scribblenauts... still can't decide, lol. AC3 will be $30 2 months after launch :p

Kacho

I figured that was confirmed by Inaba's statements that Nintendo was "willing to create and grow Bayonetta 2 together [with us]".

And they would be fools to do so. Nintendo being directly involved in developing this game alongside Platinum can only be a good thing. At least in my eyes.

"OMG unlockable Princess Peach costume yea no thx"

Lol, that seems about right.

Anyway, hopefully they're only there to help Platinum try to push the tech and maybe suggest some gamepad ideas (though I hope the game is playable without having to touch the screen for anything other than inventory).

Beyond the imminent NFS Most Wanted announcement?

Hell yeah.

"Smash Bros. 4 is coming out... today!"

Well, lol. Something along the lines of a Bayonetta 2 announcement. Metroid Prime would do it too. Something that would drive it home as undeniably the best launch lineup in history, even though it looks like it's coming pretty close to that already.

But it could make a lot of statements, not just about launch; if another special core title, it could send a serious message about Nintendo's commitment to that area... if that is their intent.

The_Lump

Banned
You forgot to mention the hype.

Yeah guarantee any tiny flaw in the game will become Nintendo's fault to some people.

My god can you imagine if the game bombs? Won't just be that Nintendo stole their game, they RUINED it too! ;)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I find it odd that the only WiiU game I've ordered so far is Assassin Creed III. Never played a game in the series and it isn't a Nintendo game. But when UbiSoft undercharges and thus it's one of the cheapest games so far and what I've seen looks pretty good I can't complain.

Does anyone know how the headphone jack works? Like does it work even if your playing on the tv and not the gamepad? Because that would be pretty rad.

I think the closest we're going to get to something like that is an announcement of a big multiplat game for early next year.something like metal gear rising,bioshock infinite, or tomb raider.

Hiltz

I think were done with announcements for a while as far as Nintendo's plans go. Wii U has a rock solid launch lineup and as well as strong momentum to carry them into Q1 2013. By June, E3 will come and we'll get a good idea of what awaits for the rest of the year. Nintendo's still got GDC in March to make any potential announcements, who knows, maybe a status update on Smash Bros Brawl and a first look at Legend of Zelda 3DS and Bayonetta.

Sadist

Gotta have something at Nintendo Direct in October!

I don't believe it though.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I think were done with announcements for a while as far as Nintendo's plans go. Wii U has a rock solid launch lineup and as well as strong momentum to carry them into Q1 2013. By June, E3 will come and we'll get a good idea of what awaits for the rest of the year. Nintendo's still got GDC in March to make any potential announcements, who knows, maybe a status update on Smash Bros Brawl and a first look at Legend of Zelda 3DS and Bayonetta.

Yeah. We will probably hear Japanese 3rd party stuff here and there, but nothing too major for a while.

Yay!
Has Shockin Alberto already posted if we can hope for some minor Japanese announcement in order to fill his prediction of Japanese support "parity +" compared to the western one?

God, I hope so. Bayonetta and MH3U are cool and all but Japanese support for Wii U is pretty barren from 3rd parties other than Namco. I'd really like to know if theres more in the works than what was revealed at the conference.

A simple yes or no would be sufficient for me.

If yes, hopefully Konami and Capcom are on board.

Hiltz

I hope Grasshopper Manufacture is able to announce something later on next year for Wii U, even if it's just a port of Killer is Dead.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know the exact release date of some games?

I checked GameSpot and it says November 13th, 2012 for Assassin's Creed III. New Super Mario Bros. U is still November 18th, 2012.

Picking up AC3 before having a Wii U is going to make me go insane lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom