• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WiiWare now available in Japan.

Crushed said:
caring.png

Thank you. This image will come in handy. I could care a whole lot less when people say they could care less when they mean they couldn't!

Yeeeeeaaahh sentences.

Anyway I'm glad FF:CC sounds so good, this is the only WiiWare game I'm interested in.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Alaluef said:
That IGN impression is pretty good. My Life as a King and LostWinds are easily the games I'm most interested from the service.
agreed.... frankly FF:CC sounds excellent. I LOVE LOVE LOVE games where you indirectly control actions and micro manage, ala sim city, dungeon keeper, etc. FF:CC will be a day one purchase.. DLC is pretty fucking lame, but at $1-3 it is definitely lighter on the wallet than 360 DLC as a whole (even if not quite as good a value). Hopefully it's like IGN is saying and we don't pay $3 per race or something.

Bizzyb

Banned
sp0rsk said:
It's a full game, the point isn't playing a straight shooter, its honing your skills to get the most points out of that 5 minutes.

It stills seems a little bare bones.
even Still, thanks for clearing that up

Sorry to bring this up again... is there anyone in japan or with a japanese wii willing to spend 100 wii points to see if you can access paid dlc from the sd card???

Or the DLC is not there yet?

Starchasing said:
Sorry to bring this up again... is there anyone in japan or with a japanese wii willing to spend 100 wii points to see if you can access paid dlc from the sd card???

Or the DLC is not there yet?
Not up yet or else I would try it with one of the games.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Once you've selected a set of quests, these get posted to message boards around town. Your first bit of activity after leaving the castle is usually to head to these message boards and assign the quests to individual soldiers. When determining which soldier goes on which quest, you need to consider the soldier's level, class and weapon set, as some dungeons may be impossible or difficult for some characters to clear.
As your soldiers are off fighting, you run around town interacting with your citizens and taking part in your building duties. Your big concerns with creating new structures is building up your town's population, keeping your townfolk happy and, keeping your adventurers well equipped. You start off with the ability to build nothing but houses, which takes care of your need for tax payer and adventurers. A bakery is added rather quickly to this, and seems to be used to keep your citizens happy One character whose house happened to be next to the bakery came up to our king and said how happy he was to be living next to a bakery.

Eventually, you learn how to build a weapons shop, which takes care of your need for weapons for your soldiers. However, even if you've built the weapon shop, you'll find it stocked with exactly zero items. To get some items, you have to hand over cash for weapons research.
:O

FF:CC sounds awesome, I'm definitely at least downloading the full game. I doubt I'll buy extra races and costumes and I hope it has a variety of dungeons/houses without DLC. :\

Banned
borghe said:
agreed.... frankly FF:CC sounds excellent. I LOVE LOVE LOVE games where you indirectly control actions and micro manage, ala sim city, dungeon keeper, etc. FF:CC will be a day one purchase.. DLC is pretty fucking lame, but at $1-3 it is definitely lighter on the wallet than 360 DLC as a whole (even if not quite as good a value). Hopefully it's like IGN is saying and we don't pay $3 per race or something.
Why is 3 dollars a race a rip off? It's an entire new race

Shiggy

Stumpokapow said:
Jeez, we might have to believe at this point.

Nintendo developers who are currently working on a known project: IntSys, MonolithSoft, HAL, Nexon, Paon, Grasshopper, Namco, SPD4, TOSE (8)

Nintendo developers who are not currently working on a known project for Nintendo or whose most recent project is not released but finished and sent to manufacturing: Hudson, Brownie Brown, Artoon, Treasure, Q-Games, Retro, AlphaDream, Game Freak, Genius Sorority, Noise, iNiS, Mitchell, NST, Camelot, Fuse Games, N-Space, Vanpool, MediaKite, Agenda, Arika, VITEI, RED, SPD1, SPD2, SPD3, EAD1, EAD2, EAD3, EAD4, EAD5, EAD Tokyo. (26)

Nintendo games that we don't have developers for: Wii Chess, Crosswords DS, Wii Music. (3)

Holy fuck is that a lot of people being paid for doing nothing (or at least nothing we know about publicly)

Not all of those devs have to work for Nintendo anymore.
Brownie Brown works on Blue Dragon DS.
Q-Games works on a DS project for Nintendo and the Pixel Jung series.
Fuse Games works on Kirby DS.
n-Space left Nintendo's bed.
Vitei has some other (internet related) projects, Theta was their first game.

Other devs like Vanpool or MediaKite probably found a different publisher.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm not well versed in digital distribution services so sorry if it's common knowledge already, but will there be a way for us to know if a game is doing well or not in WiiWare? Or will it be up to the companies to release statements regarding that?

I know this won't be able to be atested in short term considering downloadable games sales don't work like retail ones, but it would be nice to know some figures.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Shiggy said:
Not all of those devs have to work for Nintendo anymore.
Brownie Brown works on Blue Dragon DS.
Q-Games works on a DS project for Nintendo and the Pixel Jung series.
Fuse Games works on Kirby DS.
n-Space left Nintendo's bed.
Vitei has some other (internet related) projects, Theta was their first game.

Other devs like Vanpool or MediaKite probably found a different publisher.

I do know that some of those companies are only one-off partners. Brownie Brown will work for Nintendo again, given that it's funded by Nintendo. Still though, you're looking at at least 20 or so developers that should be working on stuff for Nintendo but aren't or aren't publicly.

wsippel

Banned
Also included in the Dr. Mario game is Wi-Fi play, allowing you to face off against players from throughout the world via the Wi-Fi Connection service. You can select to face off against a randomly selected opponent, or send out invites to friends who've recorded your Dr. Mario friend code. Your gaming buddies don't actually need a copy of the game, as Nintendo has implemented a download play feature for this game, which sends a limited versus-only copy to members of your Wii Friend List via Wi-Fi Connect 24.
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/861/861755p1.html

Great feature.

Shiggy

Stumpokapow said:
I do know that some of those companies are only one-off partners. Brownie Brown will work for Nintendo again, given that it's funded by Nintendo. Still though, you're looking at at least 20 or so developers that should be working on stuff for Nintendo but aren't or aren't publicly.

That's right. It's just Nintendo, they are quite secretive. Q-Games's DS game was planned to be revealed at late 2007. We also know that Kuju London has three projects for Nintendo, but since BWii they have not revealed anything.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Shiggy said:
That's right. It's just Nintendo, they are quite secretive. Q-Games's DS game was planned to be revealed at late 2007. We also know that Kuju London has three projects for Nintendo, but since BWii they have not revealed anything.

We also know about Captain Rainbow, which has been trademarked for a while now with no announcement, and Wander Donkey, which is Nintendo/TOSE and was supposed to be released in mid-2007.

Also included in the Dr. Mario game is Wi-Fi play, allowing you to face off against players from throughout the world via the Wi-Fi Connection service. You can select to face off against a randomly selected opponent, or send out invites to friends who've recorded your Dr. Mario friend code. Your gaming buddies don't actually need a copy of the game, as Nintendo has implemented a download play feature for this game, which sends a limited versus-only copy to members of your Wii Friend List via Wi-Fi Connect 24.

brilliant idea indeed

:O Awesome... its like the way you can share some games via downloadable play on DS
It'll be a great way to get people to buy the game if they like it as well

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
later said:
Obviously it will be region restricted like gifting.

You can always switch afterwards. I sent christmas gifts to two American GAFfers and I just switched my account from Canada to US and then from US to Canada when I wanted to go back.

which sends a limited versus-only copy to members of your Wii Friend List via Wi-Fi Connect 24.

I hope that via WiiConnect24 means that i can wake up one day with the game already on my Wii. I would hate you just receive a message to then download the game

OK I did it (Actually did it last night but did'nt realize it) and when I clicked the start button it slung me to the Wii Shop and it said "This software is currently not available in your Country"

:(

But afterwards it went to the Wii Shop hub page...AND PLAYED NO MUSIC!!1

Starchasing said:
I hope that via WiiConnect24 means that i can wake up one day with the game already on my Wii. I would hate you just receive a message to then download the game
Same. But again, if it works like the gifting feature, then we're out of luck...

WiiRevolution1 said:
OK I did it (Actually did it last night but did'nt realize it) and when I clicked the start button it slung me to the Wii Shop and it said "This software is currently not available in your Country"

:(

But afterwards it went to the Wii Shop hub page...AND PLAYED NO MUSIC!!1

So it sends you the game or it sends you just a message???

thx

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So SSR is basically Pac-Man CE (get best score in limited time)? Aren't they around the same price-wise?

Cheez-It

Does anyone know whether you can store the DLC for these games on SD cards? I know the games themselves must be stored using the internal storage, but how about the extra content?

Apologies if this has been covered, I just can't seem to find it...

botticus

Why is 3 dollars a race a rip off? It's an entire new race
It depends on what a new race provides you in the game. Is it just a skin for new residents? Different attributes for soldiers, citizens, etc?

Cheez-It said:
Does anyone know whether you can store the DLC for these games on SD cards? I know the games themselves must be stored using the internal storage, but how about the extra content?

Apologies if this has been covered, I just can't seem to find it...
We do not know because there is no dlc yet...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'm really interested in what WayForward will be putting out on the service, aren't they rumored to be making a game? FFCC sounds really interesting, I love Sim City and am really attracted to the art style in FFCC, but Star Soldier's time mode only gameplay isn't really my cup of tea. I play shooters to try and survive on a limited # of credits, not really so much for score, myself.

Dascu

djtiesto said:
I'm really interested in what WayForward will be putting out on the service, aren't they rumored to be making a game? FFCC sounds really interesting, I love Sim City and am really attracted to the art style in FFCC, but Star Soldier's time mode only gameplay isn't really my cup of tea. I play shooters to try and survive on a limited # of credits, not really so much for score, myself.
WayForward's WiiWare game is called LIT. There was a thread on it with some artwork not too long ago.

WiiRevolution1 said:
Atlast the final video is uploaded..

THE GLORIOUS PING PONG GAME IS UPLOADED TO YOUTUBE!!!!

Controls? Have they managed a Wii Tennis-alike, or is it more akin to Rockstar's Table Tennis/Sega Superstars Tennis?

Top Bottom