• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Hiroyuki Ito (FF6/FF9/FF12 game director) return to direct FFXV?

Stark

Banned
Kitase's role in the XIII games has been more than superficial.

What are you basing that off though? Even then, I don't believe one man can make something entirely well-executed, above all when there's a Director before him in charge of a game who will make the actual choices. So the point still stands that he hasn't had a chance.

What are you basing that off though? Even then, I don't believe one man can make something entirely well-executed, above all when there's a Director before him in charge of a game who will make the actual choices. So the point still stands that he hasn't had a chance.
He's a producer, not an executive producer. The former has much more involvement with projects.

Stark

Banned
He's a producer, not an executive producer. The former has much more involvement with projects.

So then it counts for Type-0 as well. But then, again, it's all on the director and team to actually pull it off. So it's back to square one that some veterans still haven't directed a FF project in a while to show what they can still do.

Producer generally don't do much within the game development. Especially not as much as directors.

So then it counts for Type-0 as well. But then, again, it's all on the director and team to actually pull it off. So it's back to square one that some veterans still haven't directed a FF project in a while to show what they can still do.

Producer generally don't do much within the game development. Especially not as much as directors.
Of course, I'm not saying Kitase deserves nearly as much credit as Toriyama. Though I view Kitase as his handler of sorts, an enabler.

Kitase's Wikipedia article also credits him as the game design director and scenario supervisor of XIII, but I can't seem to find anything substantial to back that up.

Stark

Banned
Of course, I'm not saying Kitase deserves nearly as much credit as Toriyama. Though I view Kitase as his handler of sorts, an enabler.

Kitase's Wikipedia article also credits him as the game design director and scenario supervisor of XIII, but I can't seem to find anything substantial to back that up.

Ah In that sense, I agree with that. I feel a poor leash on his half in this case.

Yeah, it's a bit unclear. He's credited Scenario Supervisor for Type-0 as well. I'd like to see Toriyama and Watanabe aback next generation with Tabata forward if he isn't going to game design himself.

Khrno

Well they be from 2 different games. Well one is from a game, the other not so much.

But yeah the emphasize on swords all the time irks me. Not many lance or axe wielders.

I agree with that, but in my case after playing FFXI for 5 years, not enough Scythe wielders.

Top Bottom