• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Koji Igarashi's Castlevania successor be revealed this Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xpliskin

sh-t-just-got-real-o.gif

I can confirm crow has a bad taste :p

RoadDogg

This Dev's play thing is great but I really can't stand the translator. It works much better if they just edited it to be subbed instead of having him repeat what is already being subbed and add his own flavor.

AwShucks

This Dev's play thing is great but I really can't stand the translator. It works much better if they just edited it to be subbed instead of having him repeat what is already being subbed and add his own flavor.

I agree. The did it some at the start where they just showed the subbed part.

Easy_D

never left the stone age

You can tell they were gonna cut it and just add subtitles at first then they just stop, possibly because they don't want you to miss any gameplay footage. Which is kinda the point of an LP :p

TreIII

Hm, I'll have to agree with you then. IGA did have some cool ideas that don't need to rely on the Castlevania backbone, like the alchemy stuff, using demonic souls to gain power etc.

All the more reason I'm interested in seeing what he can do, without Konami or the CV brand to act as "crutches".

In any case, good to see IGA's looking well.

georly

If the kickstarter tiers/rewards are good, this might be the first kickstarter I back at a high price. I love his games so much i'm willing to do anything I can.

georly

I think I'll put down at least $60 depending on the tiers and what kind of game he has in mind.

That's my feeling, too. If there's a really good $100 tier, I might splurge.

It'd have to be like a physical copy or something. I'm not buying a t-shirt or something dumb.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
That's my feeling, too. If there's a really good $100 tier, I might splurge.

It'd have to be like a physical copy or something. I'm not buying a t-shirt or something dumb.

It would have to be a really cool Kojima art t-shirt that's signed by Igarashi, Yamane and Kojima. I'd consider it. =)

ignata

He should call it Castle Mania. Then they can use all the KS money on lawyers.

Eh, I don't know. I really liked TrackMania, but ShootMania didn't do a whole lot for me. Besides, QuestMania is supposedly still in development

Sorry...

Kirie

A signed OST (especially if it's Yamane) would make me probably make me go way over budget for what I'm expecting to put down for this lol.

georly

A signed OST (especially if it's Yamane) would make me probably make me go way over budget for what I'm expecting to put down for this this lol.

Just... what if all the stars align and we do get another igavania with a yamane soundtrack and Ayami Kojima art ;_;

I don't know if I could handle it all. I'm not going to get my hopes up, because i'll take what I can get, but if the dream team is back together, I might die of excitement.

Kirie

Just... what if all the stars align and we do get another igavania with a yamane soundtrack and Ayami Kojima art ;_;

I don't know if I could handle it all. I'm not going to get my hopes up, because i'll take what I can get, but if the dream team is back together, I might die of excitement.

Saaaame, how amazing would that be ;_; I don't want to get my hopes up too far as well, but it's hard to just not be so super excited over the potential this project could have. Not too much longer at least!

Aesnath

These pictures are amazing. I'll have to watch that video tomorrow when I have time. I don't think I've ever been this hyped for a game I know nothing about...

Pyrrhus

This is getting to be too awesome. I'm not used to this. Surely something must happen soon to make things super disappointing. When is the other shoe going to drop?

roknin

Don't do this to me :-(

No seriously,the fact its even possible is so fantastic...

georly

Anyone have any idea what platforms this will be on?

We don't even know how real it is, much less what platforms.

I think some people suspect 3DS (because of a hint on the website about new dimensions), but more likely is PC + digital console, to reach as many people as possible.

georly

Huh, neat, the furniture room from Harmony of Dissonance was originally planned for SotN, because of COURSE alucard would have his own room in his father's castle.

3yld9VX.jpg

graywords

Huh, neat, the furniture room from Harmony of Dissonance was originally planned for SotN, because of COURSE alucard would have his own room in his father's castle.

3yld9VX.jpg

Yep, there's even a ton of unused Japanese audio recorded with Alucard talking about his room.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics

3yld9VX.jpg

I think Iga says it was supposed to be in the save room near the entrance to the clock tower. I especially like the detail he talked about with the skeleton carpenter building stuff for you in the room. Sadly it didn't make the cut either. Really sounds like they had fun making the game.

First kickstarter I'll participate in, I've felt Nintendo's hand helds have had a hole in their libraries after we stopped getting igavanias :(.

georly

Yep, there's even a ton of unused Japanese audio recorded with Alucard talking about his room.

I think Iga says it was supposed to be in the save room near the entrance to the clock tower. I especially like the detail he talked about with the skeleton carpenter building stuff for you in the room. Sadly it didn't make the cut either. Really sounds like they had fun making the game.

Amazing game could have been even more amazing, though I wonder if that addition would add some undesired tediousness to the game. And then what would it be in reverse castle?

This is only somewhat related, but this event has gotten me all excited to play the DS Castlevanias. I have only played SotN, which I played for the first time on my Vita, and it was a tremendous experience.

So, my question: what is the best hardware available to play DS games on?

A DS Lite, a 2DS, a n3DS, or an n3DS XL?

Things to keep in mind:
-Display quality (both resolution and color)
-System volume (no headphones)
-Personal preference

When I had my DS Lite during its prime I virtually only played Nintendo games and there are A LOT of DS games I have wanted to go back and play.

I have heard the XL DS systems have really low image clarity because the display is so much bigger than intended.

FDBK

The 3DS's can display DS games in DS-sized screens but you need to hold Start and then boot the game up from the home menu.

The DS Lite is what I prefer for them because not only can you play the DS games, you can also play GBA carts too since you may then want to play more Castlevania!

georly

This is only somewhat related, but this event has gotten me all excited to play the DS Castlevanias. I have only played SotN, which I played for the first time on my Vita, and it was a tremendous experience.

So, my question: what is the best hardware available to play DS games on?

A DS Lite, a 2DS, a n3DS, or an n3DS XL?

Things to keep in mind:
-Display quality (both resolution and color)
-System volume (no headphones)
-Personal preference

When I had my DS Lite during its prime I virtually only played Nintendo games and there are A LOT of DS games I have wanted to go back and play.

I have heard the XL DS systems have really low image clarity because the display is so much bigger than intended.

Don't forget to play the GBA ones, you can download them on Wii U. Aria of sorrow is the best of all 6 nintendo portable igavanias, imo.

The 3DS's can display DS games in DS-sized screens but you need to hold start+select and then boot the game up from the home menu.

The DS Lite is what I prefer for them because not only can you play the DS games, you can also play GBA carts too since you may then want to play more Castlevania!

Just hold start, not select.

georly

yet! They will if you vote whip.

Honestly, I think the voting thing is just hinting that the game will have both and that you either choose your weapon or your character at the beginning and that determines your weapon and possibly progression path through the castle.

Really interesting video. I knew that game inside and out and I never in a million years would have spotted the insects. It's too bad they didn't make it past the tower swordsman, I bet Iga wanted to show the totally random ducking in an alchove to drop to a lower level (with an overpowered weapon at that stage).

And they could have teleported past him ;D

It's great to hear anecdotes about things they cut. I'm assuming that's why we have stuff like Richter using the old sprite when playable despite having a new design at that point, or why the reverse castle is a little janky to move around in.

The skeleton candle lighter would have made the game the best ever. Oh, wait, it already is.

The 3DS's can display DS games in DS-sized screens but you need to hold Start and then boot the game up from the home menu.

I know about this trick, but I absolutely hate playing DS games that way. It feels so wrong.

Gbraga

Honestly, I think the voting thing is just hinting that the game will have both and that you either choose your weapon or your character at the beginning and that determines your weapon and possibly progression path through the castle.

I agree, but vote whip just in case.

Foffy

Banned
Is there a good summary somewhere of what's happened? It's tough to deduce from the OP/thread.

Basically it's this: Koji Igarashi is very likely to announce a Kickstarter on the 11th to make a Metroidvania in the same vein of his Castlevania games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom