• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will my new kitten ever stop biting me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DonMigs85 said:
huskykiss.jpg

aww

elseanio

This is my new kitten. She's calmed down a lot (about 12 weeks old now) and only bites if you play fight with her. She used to bite whenever anyone just stroked her, but she's stopped that now.

yp1kp.jpg

2h4mgjr.jpg

dejay

Banned
I had a kitten years ago that would attack my toes whenever me and my gf were having sex. I'd have to close the door to whichever room we were in - it was very distracting.

Eccocid

i have a cat for over 6 years old, i still havent had any single scratch on my body or got bitten by her. cuz she is a FUCKING MASOCHIST! You have to hurt her when you pet her, i even pet her with my foor and she enjoys it getting pressed to floor.

elseanio

Jay-B said:
Does she always looks so evil? :lol

Haha, yes. I think it's because we have a couple other cats, and a Labrador so she thinks she's awesome cause she can stalk them and pounce without getting hit back :lol She bounces around like she owns the place

faridmon

My grandmothers cat stills scrathes me even after 2 years when i try tovlifth her. I never will understand ctas but I just love'm.

DonMigs85

besiktas1 said:
My kitten was the same, now she's fine, she'll get over it...

My only problem with my cat is it's too picky with food :(
Tell that ungrateful beast that there are starving strays out there who would gladly eat rotting fish if given the opportunity.

I disagree with negative reinforcement.

We trained our cat not to bite or scratch people while playing successfully. When he got carried away with playing and bit or used his claws, we simply stopped playing and walked away. We also play with him almost exclusively with toys (I let him wrestle with my leg when I'm wearing long pants and shoes). He seems to get the idea of what the limits are very well.

Hatredcopter

Neo Member
My cat who I brought in from the wild would bite my hand as a kitten too, but he has grown out of it. I would tell him "NO" and kinda flick his nose more so to annoy him than to negatively enforce.

He'll bite me if I'm playing rough with him but he won't bite my hand just 'cause it's there. I like to think it's a combination of maturing and also learning from being scolded. Not every animal is the same though.

sikkinixx

Good luck.... my cat is now 3 and he still bites a lot.

Most times he will let you pet him, and be all happy and purring and cuddly... then BAM IT'S TIME TO PLAY! bite bite bite bite bite.

So I bite him back.

I just got a new nine-month old kitten (well, not really a kitten anymore but definitely not an adult) and she's still a bit bitey.

It's just a phase. They grow out of it eventually.

DeSo

Banned
I always picture my cat to be like the Tony Soprano of the neighbourhood. He's probably just a fat, lazy cunt, though. Takes no shit from the next door neighbours cats though.

yanhero

I read somewhere that you are suppose to pretend that it hurts you a lot. Your cat doesn't want to hurt you, it just wants to play. If it thinks its hurting you, it will stop.

This worked with my dog.

smallmouth said:
I disagree with negative reinforcement.

We trained our cat not to bite or scratch people while playing successfully. When he got carried away with playing and bit or used his claws, we simply stopped playing and walked away. We also play with him almost exclusively with toys (I let him wrestle with my leg when I'm wearing long pants and shoes). He seems to get the idea of what the limits are very well.

but that is negative reinforcement. You took away something good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom