• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will robots take my job?

Tom Nook

Robots will take my job someday.

I'll be ready.

t1-set-michael-025.jpg

dpunk3

One thing that gets over looked in these threads, what good is keeping your job if most people lose theirs, you have no customers. Who will buy your shit

Eventually all of the money gets funneled to the top, and then the economy ends.

No but seriously this is why I've always wondered why anyone thinks trickle-down economics work. Employees don't want to hire people, it's the last thing they want. They want to keep their money and fuck all to everyone else.

akira28

Yeah, but I'll own that motherfuckin' weed dispensing robot.

you'd like to think so....

you might end up being the guy who repairs the robot that goes around town restocking all the weed dispensing robots. Who owns the weed dispensing robot? A banking and finance robot. your boss.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Physicians and surgeons - 0.42%

That'll do. I look forward to seeing robots as a supplement to my future job, not a complete replacement.

Hmmm, my neurosurgeon cousin said that he'd probably be replaced by a robot in my lifetime. Maybe he meant as a family man.

Carnby

Network Engineer, 3%.

Phew!

I already left one field because robots took over. I don't want to do it again.

1.2% - pharmacist

Amusing, given the rhetoric would make you think the opposite. The rule of thumb in health care seems to be that everyone is convinced the other jobs can be completed automated, but theirs is the one safe one because it "requires critical thinking" or "it has a human element"; really, there's simply a lot of build-in protectionism in health care that keeps these jobs behind the curve of automation, but can't last forever. My guess is all of them will fall to automation eventually but at around the same time roughly.

Top Bottom