• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Sony make a Playstation Home like experience for the PS5, now that VR will be a major part of next generation?

Microsoft already is supporting VR on PC with the mixed reality headsets. They even announced VR support for the One X but later backtracked on that. I think that the reason for that was that the Xbox One was not powerful enough and after trying VR on the PS4, I would agree. I don't think that Microsoft can afford to not support VR for next gen, specially with the game streaming service that are coming like Stadia, VR is something that cannot be done yet on the cloud, so it will be a reason to buy a console.
Have you seen the price of their AR glasses? Quite literally thousands of dollars.

AR is just less technologically mature than VR and thus had to cost more. I am not sure Xbox could pull a vr headset out of the bag quickly next gen. If they want to do it, they either had to start already or partner with an existing headset. Do they have the time?

Alucardx23

Have you seen the price of their AR glasses? Quite literally thousands of dollars.

AR is just less technologically mature than VR and thus had to cost more. I am not sure Xbox could pull a vr headset out of the bag quickly next gen. If they want to do it, they either had to start already or partner with an existing headset. Do they have the time?

I was not talking about the Microsoft Hololens. Check this link for more on Microsoft Mixed reality headsets. Microsoft could be working on the new line of headsets based on the Mixed reality line or just partner with Valve, Oculus or any of the other VR headset brands.

Zannegan

I think, if you're going to have a headset, you need some kind of hangouts/rec room experience. If nothing else, early adopters will be able to make their own fun after burning through that launch VR lineup.

Top Bottom