• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you be replaying Fallout 4 with the new upgrade patch coming April 25 because of the show

vote

• Yes, and I've played it before

Votes: 86 41.3%
  • Yes, but I've never played it before but I want to because of the show

Votes: 37 17.8%
  • No, I've played it before and I'm done or didn't like it

Votes: 60 28.8%
  • No, I'm watching the show but don't want to do it again

Votes: 25 12.0%

• Total voters

Pejo

I made it about halfway through FO4 and just lost interest. The only Fallout games that kept my attention the whole time were 3 and New Vegas. The base building shit in 4 was just the biggest time waster, and I know you can ignore it, but it just made me not even want to boot the game.

Same, put 25 hours over the last week. Bought GOTY. Installed NV as well, will replay that with melee charisma build.
I've put in roughly the same on the GOTY, haven't even scratched the surface.

Exploring in this game is, at times, so fulfilling.

Waiting for the update before I really start pushing through the main quest and then the DLC after.

Never played Far Harbor or Nukaworld, so it's all new.

No. Loved the show but it made me realise just how lousy the dialogue is and how forgettable the characters are in Fallout 4. Starfield has the same issues. Bethesda Games Studios just don't know how to make memorable characters and their writing is average at best. In my opinion, obviously.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
LJnFzLE.jpeg

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I gotta say the show has definitely pique my interest in trying the game again, it never really gelled with me the first time when it came out, only getting about 15-20hrs into before throwing the towel in, I think the lack of diversity in the locales/drabness of the graphics killed it for me but I'd like to check it out on PS5 with hopefully slightly better graphics and hopefully the ability to add some mods to modern it up a bit

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Can't remember if I played it on Series X where it's 60fps already, but I might give it a go. Still waiting to see what the update actually does.

Lorianus

Neo Member
Nah not really.
I also blocked steam from updating my fallout 4 install because i cant be bothered that bethesda fucks with my install and my modded fallout 4, for everyone on the same boat make sure you make a back up of your install/current .exe if you dont want the patch but accidently updating it anyway.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I might play FO London mod when it releases, but no way in fuck am I replaying a long Bethesda RPG I played 9 years ago when there are games I haven't played yet available.

Skifi28

Yes. The PC version has always been so inconsistent for me, even without mods. If the console version doesn't crash and doesn't randomly have loading times of over a minute between interiors/exteriors for no reason I'd be happy to replay it there.

Last edited:

fatmarco

Fuck them mods. I want my achievements.
The FPS mod still enables achievements, it tells you how in the readme for the mod.

It basically just involves you activating the mod, and then restarting the game, then disabling the mod before you load your game, and it will still run at 60fps but with achievements enabled.

So as opposed to the FPS Boost option, you get the One X graphical feature set (4k) plus 60fps (with some dips). I finished all the DLC for the game with 60fps on, and got all the achievements.

Last edited:

Danknugz

my lay save in this game i glitches my guy up to level 500 something after i exploited some duplication glitch. already got all the achievements except maybe one so probably not. if anything maybe go back to fallout 76 and clean up some missing progress there.

It’s on sale right now on PlayStation store for $5. Already have it on steam/xbox and dropped it after a few hours but itching to play again.

Wish the GOTY edition was discounted though

Not for a while. But yes. It hyped me up for 76 and 4. Never played them.
I tried 76 for the first time last night!
Right after i left the vault I notice a player on the map and think "neat, I'll go check them out". - only to find myself locked in a room with them and then some level 200+ jumps out absolutely ecstatic he could kill two of us at once in his trap.

Like, this guy no-lifes the game and his ultimate joy was setting up a trap outside the level 1 player spawn to kill/loot.

#uninstalled.

Confident the subreddit prob currently has a clip of me saying "Ive been playing this game for 90 seconds, what the hell is happening?"

Last edited:

TheUsual

Gold Member
Definitely want to check it again after the patch comes out. Didn't realize I put over 100 hours into it originally and never finished it.
At this point, I will just start with a new character.

Picked up 76 because why not and that has been a solid experience so far. Definitely not perfect but scratching that itch.

Rob_27

I will play it but forgotten the controls so may have to start again.

But would prefer FO3 rejizzed.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Filben

Nah. I've played it plenty and the things they patched won't justify another playthrough or even a session for me. I've thoroughly explored the world, quests etc.

I'd rather play a proper F:NV remaster instead!

Bigfroth

yup, either going to jump back in and finish my playthrough I stopped back when this update first got announced. I might start a fresh run also. undecided.

Hudo

Nah, I'm good. F4 is the weakest Fallout, imho (sans F76, which I don't count as a Fallout game). Played through F4 once and that's good enough for me.

Isa

I loved my time with the game at launch, got the plat. But like many games by the time the DLC came out I never touched it, same with some of the Souls games like Bloodborne. I had wanted to hop into FO4 again but not because the show, so I'll get to it eventually but not right away.

For me it gets the back burner treatment since I've been drifting away from most western games and particularly Stellar Blade releases then. Also Eiyuden Chronicle and the new Saga game. Plus a ton of others I've been messing around with. The show I don't care about.

Nothing to do with the show, so there’s no option for me. I want to play the game again, because of the patch. Since I didn’t get super far in 2015.

May watch the show someday but not really anything to do with it.

Last edited:

BouncyFrag

I never played the dlc so that’s a good motivator. When, depends on how the mods are after the big update on Xbox.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Why would I replay the worst one?

tmlDan

hated fallout 4 and 76, never going back to mediocrity.

If i did go back id go back to 1 and 2, but that's not happening either.

MiguelItUp

Probably, I went and played FO76 because I kept hearing about how decent it was now and I never gave it a chance. So, maybe I won't go back to 4, lol. I kept thinking I never finished it, but then I realized I think I did it was just... pretty forgettable IMO.

Alebrije

Yes but becuase the patch for 60fps, the same reason I replayed Fallout3 and 76....

As far as I know for consoles there is no a 60fps for New Vegas. The Best of all Bethesdas Fallout.

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

For PC, are there any "essential mods" for this? I went ahead and installed it the other day wanting to get into it, but... I'm 5 hours in or so and I'm bored.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yes but becuase the patch for 60fps, the same reason I replayed Fallout3 and 76....

As far as I know for consoles there is no a 60fps for New Vegas. The Best of all Bethesdas Fallout.

Either Series console can run NV at 60 fps. No resolution boost tho, it's a straight 720p/60.

The DLC is also often on sale for $1.99 a piece, so not a bad time to pick it up.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
No. I might launch it to roam a bit but I am not touching that trash of a story.

Still better than starfield... at least I was able to finish f4. starfield I lasted 3 hours

Luipadre

You can already play it at 60 with mods and knowing bethesda, i expect worse 60fps performance than the mod

Last edited:
I played the Institute storyline and liked it. Didn’t care that much for any of the other factions and largely ignored them. Maybe I’ll do a brotherhood playthrough.

Top Bottom