• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Eldar :lol

I really don't see why they would be so eager to change up the UI yet again when they finally managed to get all their products operating under Metro after years of work. Only way I could see this being true is if the UI was like Metro+ with just some new design principles.

Magni

I'm trying to be excited, feed us news Microsoft!

The whole WP team is based in Seattle, right? I'd love to work on the OS, but I want to stay in NYC for a bit before potentially coming back to Seattle. Guess I'll apply in a few more years.

I'm trying to be excited, feed us news Microsoft!

The whole WP team is based in Seattle, right? I'd love to work on the OS, but I want to stay in NYC for a bit before potentially coming back to Seattle. Guess I'll apply in a few more years.

I haven't heard of any non seattle-based members, but there certainly might be.

ReRixo

Banned
Metro itself won't be replaced, I really can't see that happening, it works way too well on touch. But it does need some redesign on phones.

Doffen

I know there's nothing to talk about right now, but mentioning Eldar is a bannable offense. Please don't do that again.

Thank you.

These rumors are like saying; hey guys I've heard iPhone 6 will launch in 2014, might sport a better camera and new apps.

kharma45

I want them to fucking roll out the new Bing to people outside the US as it's us buying all the fucking devices :lol that doesn't even require a software update and they can't be fucking arsed to do it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I want them to fucking roll out the new Bing to people outside the US as it's us buying all the fucking devices :lol that doesn't even require a software update and they can't be fucking arsed to do it.

That would be nice. Switching my search engine to US I have most of it except Local Scout still doesn't work. Not sure why it is such an ordeal to roll it out it more regions?

Last month I reported that the headphone out on my 920 died. Well, I cleaned it with a q-tip and a bit of alcohol and now it's working fine.

Be sure it's a q-tip with a paper stem and you pull off some of the cotton so that it fits in the headphone out.

it was great when it was originally released, but a year later? not so much. Sprint&@!&@

Come on, it's a Galaxy S3 running Windows Phone. It's good for what it offers. $49.99 on a 2 year contract good? Probably not. But good enough for most people.

Maybe we should put how to get early developer/enthusiast access to updates in the OP?

Good call. I'll do that.

Ya'll better use my freaking genius "Feelin' Blue" title when its time for the next thread.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's not going to have a subtitle. I'm actually not a fan of subtitles in proper OTs.

Come on, it's a Galaxy S3 running Windows Phone. It's good for what it offers. $49.99 on a 2 year contract good? Probably not. But good enough for most people.

GS3 has 2GB RAM and a slightly larger battery... and is $50 less on Sprint. or they could get an LG G2 for the same price.

the same price as a GS3 i mean...

Yes it will, that's half the fun of a new thread. Its not even an option to go subtitle-less.

No fun allowed, Van. No fun allowed. My Windows Phone 7 OT and OT2 both didn't have a subtitle and they were good. Hell, I'd say they were even better without it. It was so good, even the guys in the Android ghetto copied it for their previous OT (and Andrex had to ruin it with the new OT, of course). The problem is that those subtitles are usually stupid inside jokes and they wear out very quickly, but they have to last for 20.000 posts. It's stupid.

GS3 has 2GB RAM and a slightly larger battery... and is $50 less on Sprint. or they could get an LG G2 for the same price.

the same price as a GS3 i mean...

You could argue that the GS3 needs the additional RAM, whereas the Ativ S doesn't. ;-) And yes, a 2012 phone should be less than $50 with a contract. Like I said in the OT, if you're on Sprint, don't get a Windows Phone.

Milchjon

No fun allowed, Van. No fun allowed. My Windows Phone 7 OT and OT2 both didn't have a subtitle and they were good. Hell, I'd say they were even better without it. It was so good, even the guys in the Android ghetto copied it for their previous OT (and Andrex had to ruin it with the new OT, of course). The problem is that those subtitles are usually stupid inside jokes and they wear out very quickly, but they have to last for 20.000 posts. It's stupid.

So German

Milchjon

Surface Phone 2 fan design:

1377588_575816605800202_54643129_n.jpg

602823_575503962498133_1967375165_n.jpg

1383040_575503872498142_1260023507_n.jpg

1385583_575510912497438_1121043581_n.jpg

1383763_575695129145683_1493886508_n.jpg

I doubt they could get it down to that size, but it's still kinda gorgeous.

kharma45

Great, another issue with my Lumia 620.

Every time I boot the phone it says there is an error with the SD card and it needs to be checked on a PC. The card is perfectly fine. It also has started to fire up an error message saying the SD card was removed but not properly ejected, the sort of message you'd have seen on Windows XP.

This will be the fourth time I'll have to get this phone seen to.

KageMaru

I just realized we're less than 3 weeks before the new year and we still haven't seen anything on Xbox Video for WP or the release of the 929 for Verizon. WTF Microsoft?

I just realized we're less than 3 weeks before the new year and we still haven't seen anything on Xbox Video for WP or the release of the 929 for Verizon. WTF Microsoft?

They are busy looking for new CEO and fixing Xbox One, please understand.

I got update on my 1020 yesterday, have no clue what it does. My question is when will Nokia roll out Black for other device and if At&t will let us have the update.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Question for 1020 people. On my friends lockscreen it has for example the time as 09:30 as opposed to 9:30 on mine. Are your 1020s like that? 24 hour clock is not on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom