• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven Matchup Thread.

Srider

Banned
That super offensive formation is basically Man U's secondary formation in the game. You put like 5 guys around the box, basically make it a pin ball game around the box. It's just too bad people play the game this way. It's not a formation that's logical to use that often in real life. I understand changing to that formation on a break away so you can have more second chances, but as the main formation, it just tells me the game is going to be boring.

I just played this guy called Zzz, he picked Barc, and after he scored on me once on a mistake I made, he made the connection super laggy. I had a ton of chances after he started to make it lag, but the lag made me mess up. It ended 1-0 and he ended up on my block list. I think he was in the top 50 rank. I guess that's what it takes to get to the top lol. In my match records it shows his name with a red bar.

So yeah, I guess i'm going to stick mainly to Gaf people or guys that i've known to be honest players.

Can we get a list going that shows all the Gaf player's names online? Mine is Srider.

Daigoro

20? i dont have any of you guys on my friends list under the name Daigoro (i also use "mrt" as my default).

lobby 3 was filled to the brim.

we may need to pick another GAF lobby.

I second the suggestion for a new GAF lobby. Last time I was on it was filled and I wasnt able to get in.

I'll probably be on tonight if anyone wants to kick my ass. I lost 5 in a row to a batch of lagging AC Milan loving South Americans of various dialects and now my WE confidence is at an all time low. Wanton Emasculation is more like it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hukasmokincaterpillar said:
I second the suggestion for a new GAF lobby. Last time I was on it was filled and I wasnt able to get in.

I'll probably be on tonight if anyone wants to kick my ass. I lost 5 in a row to a batch of lagging AC Milan loving South Americans of various dialects and now my WE confidence is at an all time low.

Yep, and now no one is a in 2, what a bunch of fucking copiers.

Let's say 5 (until everyone copies us and goes there).

Socreges

Banned
I just played against someone who, using Brazil (shock), would say Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! and Holla! to celebrate goals. Most annoying anything ever.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yep 2 was completely empty and 3 was filled. I was like wtf.

I was gonna say 5 because that'll take longer to copy, but 4's cool too. :)

sure, edited.

Socreges said:
I just played against someone who, using Brazil (shock), would say Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! and Holla! to celebrate goals. Most annoying anything ever.

:lol

That might be worse than not knowing what they're saying. One guy kept going "PUTA...HA HA HA! Kaka En Fuego!" and I'd just start to cry a little bit.

Srider

Banned
How is everyone's experience so far online?

For me it's almost too frustrating to play sometimes. I'm using comcast cable and only connecting my ps2 up to the modem, nothing else.

My games are either
1) It plays fine, until the other guy scores, then it starts lagging like crazy. Then either I lose or I win and then other guy says I'm cheating.
2) It plays fine, I score, then the other guy says I'm lagging at half time. Then either I win and the guy calls me a cheater, or he wins and makes smart ass remarks about coming back.
3) It just lags the whole way through.

These aren't with GA people I might add.

I've had a few (4) of good games with two strangers, and a couple really good games with some of the GA peeps, but overall, 90% of my matches have been horrible experiences on the US servers. Is there something else I can do to at least make sure I'm not the cause for lag? Sometimes my inputs even get lost cause of the lag, and it's causing alot of frustration. Is it really me who is lagging? It's hard to believe since I have nothing else running that can slow down my connection. Aside from comcast screwing me up. Any advice?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Srider said:

For me it's almost too frustrating to play sometimes. I'm using comcast cable and only connecting my ps2 up to the modem, nothing else.

My games are either
1) It plays fine, until the other guy scores, then it starts lagging like crazy. Then either I lose or I win and then other guy says I'm cheating.
2) It plays fine, I score, then the other guy says I'm lagging at half time. Then either I win and the guy calls me a cheater, or he wins and makes smart ass remarks about coming back.

I've had a few (4) of good games with two strangers, and a couple really good games with some of the GA peeps, but overall, 90% of my matches have been horrible experiences on the US servers. Is there something else I can do to at least make sure I'm not the cause for lag? Sometimes my inputs even get lost cause of the lag, and it's causing alot of frustration. Is it really me who is lagging? It's hard to believe since I have nothing else running that can slow down my connection. Aside from comcast screwing me up. Any advice?

Well are you running a router or ICS? I have ICS & a wonky-ass school connection that seems to be fucking incredible from 3 AM-3PM and 50/50 the rest of the way (usually at least a little lag). I've done everything I can to improve my connection in terms of tweaking, but it's still very hit or miss. However I don't get really bothered by it b/c I find I can compete OK in lag (usu 0-0, 0-1, or 1-0) and when the connection is on it's just on. I would suggest trying to tweak maybe by using TCPOptimizer (and another patch if you're on ICS) and also trying to play at diff. times (the only thing that pretty consistently works for me). Also don't play south americans. :D When my conn. is on though even people with yellow connections I play w/ almost zero lag against. I can say though that it's possible for the OTHER person to screw up YOUR conn. I played against a couple GA people who wore accidentally d/ling stuff while we were playing and my conn. was laughable, like 1 FPS, so make sure that BOTH of you don't have anything running and that should improve the experience.

I play on a router and always make sure my computer connection is off before I play just in case. It can vary at times though. What I think happens is when you host, you only host the first half and then it switches over and your opponent hosts the second half. Ive had games where my first half was all rosy but playing against (say the aformentioned South Americans) it goes all to hell in the second.

Then there's like tonight where I played AL and he was having big time lag but it was completely smooth on my end. I felt bad. :( That makes me think it could be something on the game's end at times though, because if he was having lag it should effect me at least a little bit I would think. I know its P2P but maybe the communication gets screwy, I dunno.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I play on a router and always make sure my computer connection is off before I play just in case. It can vary at times though. What I think happens is when you host, you only host the first half and then it switches over and your opponent hosts the second half. Ive had games where my first half was all rosy but playing against (say the aformentioned South Americans) it goes all to hell in the second.

Then there's like tonight where I played AL and he was having big time lag but it was completely smooth on my end. I felt bad. :( That makes me think it could be something on the game's end at times though, because if he was having lag it should effect me at least a little bit I would think. I know its P2P but maybe the communication gets screwy, I dunno.

One weird thing about my conn. is that my u/l speeds are ALWAYS great (>5.0 mbps in testing) but my d/l speeds range from ~150kbps to 3.0mbps depending on the time of day so I'm pretty sure this MAY result in the situation we had as I've had several other people tell me the same thing (perfect conn. on their end when I was very laggy), sucks for me but at least one of us is playing lag-free! :D

I'm also sharing this wonky connection to my ps2 via a usb->ethernet adapter from my laptop due to building restrictions on only allowing one PC to be registered.

Srider

Banned
Yeah I really think the game switches host at half time. For me, when I play, I literally unplug everything from the modem and the only thing that is connected is the ps2 straight to my cable modem. There is nothing that can slow it down on my end. So I don't know, I hope when league time comes things are ok. I just don't like being called a cheater when I do everything I possibly can to prevent lagging on my end. Well, thanks for making me feel a bit better :).

Daigoro

ill be on after 12AM est. if anyone wants a few games. i still need a lot of GAF names on my friends list.

i posted in the offical WE thread, but ill repeat here: lobby 5 was just about FULL this afternoon. 2 and 3 were empty. wtf?!

we need a main lobby and 1 alternate in case our main spot is full. this is getting silly.

I'll probably be on tonight if anyone wants to kick my ass. I lost 5 in a row to a batch of lagging AC Milan loving South Americans of various dialects and now my WE confidence is at an all time low. Wanton Emasculation is more like it.

i feel your pain. my win/loss ratio is pretty disgracefull. it can get very frustrating. the occasional win helps though.

Socreges said:

:lol

That might be worse than not knowing what they're saying. One guy kept going "PUTA...HA HA HA! Kaka En Fuego!" and I'd just start to cry a little bit.

i hate that shit. people who have gloating chat phrases to celebrate their own goals are fucking annoying. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Socreges said:
Still around? Lets go. Lobby 2

Ah the pitfalls of msg. board IMing. Will you be around at 7:30 EST? I'm pretty flexible the rest of the evening after that also.

Socreges

Banned
AstroLad said:
Ah the pitfalls of msg. board IMing. Will you be around at 7:30 EST? I'm pretty flexible the rest of the evening after that also.
Sure, np. 7:30 EST, Lobby 2.

My day freed up after my mid-term was delayed. A day of studying turned into a day of "recuperation" (ie, WE9).

Im installing an HDTV tonight and hopefully if my PS2 doesn't look like complete ass on it I'll be on tonight around 12 est if anyone wants to play. I think I cured the slump those evil South Americans gave me so beware!

Daigoro

Im installing an HDTV tonight and hopefully if my PS2 doesn't look like complete ass on it I'll be on tonight around 12 est if anyone wants to play. I think I cured the slump those evil South Americans gave me so beware!

i should be on around 12:20 EST. ill look for ya.

Fun games tonight guys, good to get to play you Daigoro. I dont have a spare keyboard and someone was on the computer at the moment. :lol Once the league starts i'll be good to go though.

Daigoro

good games last night everybody.

i played like two mirror image games last night.

Huka and i played through two 0-0 draws in a row. our last game we both had 6 shots with 1 on target. those were actually very fun games.

Miguel got his first win last night off of me! :lol

it was nuts. we played 2 games. first game i scored 2 decent goals and a third that was the rusult of some wierd defensive fuck up (penalty maybe? i forget).

the second game i started the scoring by receving a backpass to my keeper and promptly spinning around in place and fucking burying the ball into my own net at high speed. it was truly sick. :lol

that opened the flood gates and Mig scored shortly afterwards, and then scored another goal for a 3-0 ass whoopin.

ggs all. i wont be around late nights for a few days (gotta work). so its mornings through early evenings until then if anyone wants to hook up.

Daigoro said:
Huka and i played through two 0-0 draws in a row. our last game we both had 6 shots with 1 on target. those were actually very fun games.

Yeah some pretty intense games there Daigoro. Really defensive, barely any time on the ball. I enjoyed it. If it was a game on TV they probably would have been brutal to watch though. :)

Daigoro

Yeah some pretty intense games there Daigoro. Really defensive, barely any time on the ball. I enjoyed it. If it was a game on TV they probably would have been brutal to watch though. :)

yeah, that wouldve been a nightmare from a fans perspective for sure.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm gonna be on from 7:30-9ish EST tonight (i.e. right now). Come on by if you want a game, if you don't have me on your friends list just search for 'Astro,' name is "AstroLad"

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Seeing as how I'm the only one to post in here, it's probably hopeless but I'm hopping online to play a few games, so come on GA folk!

Miguel

combo.png

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

bionic77

Srider said:

My games are either

Lag has ruined a few matches for me as well. In some matches when the lag is bad it just ruins the experience because you can't execute properly on either end. In one match I had for the league the players would pass a full second or two AFTER I pressed the button. You just can't compete with anyone playing like that. Still it is worth it for the experience of playing so much WE at anytime. I will say that it is definitely not as good as offline as I was originally told on GAF.

And is it possible for people to cheat online? It might have been just me, but in a few matches I swear the guy's players were faster than they should have been. They had ridiculous speed in catching up to me, something I haven't seen when other people use them. I was wondering if it were a trick or they just have ungodly skill somehow. Probably just my paranoia.

Top Bottom