• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Utena 33-
yLMp3cF.jpg

This was obviously designed to be a suckerpunch but I'm not that surprised.
It's been building towards this for awhile and Utena finally giving it up isn't really that shocking. She's always been a bit of a hypocrite but then, I suppose the whole show can be summed up in that manner. After all, everyone in this school is #thirsty.
This was a really well directed episode though and the art shifts especially in the character designs such as at the end, was a really good way of depicting the changes.

itykGBWTzEaiZ.gif

I'm still shaking my head in disgust though.

Oh, boy, IT'S TIME

http://i.imgur.com/9RwuhfQ.jpg

Some Pandas just want to watch the world burn.

rT9uoNS.jpg

I wont mind original content as long as it merges well with the original storyline. I havent read the manga yet.

The first OVA of Noragami will be an adaptation of chapter 25 of the manga.

Trailer here

Back in December I mentioned Yuria Misaki was 2500 yen at AmiAmi, I actually went for it. Two weeks ago it was pricedropped even further to 1500 yen:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-000373

Shipping to Europe is 980 yen via unregistered SAL and is under the custom clearance. Actually for this price I'm buying a 2nd one, I can always give it away as gift.
Hmmmm, it isn't superior hair-down Misaki but it's also a steal.

Trigun 24
Another powerful episode where even the one of the big bads challenges Vash's idealogy forcing him to kill him directly and this is probably going to mess up Vash really bad

Branduil

Yeah, but my point is that the smaller the scale, the less there is to argue about. The scale is so insignificant in the larger scheme of things that it doesn't really need to go beyond bad/average/good/great. It's the expansion of scales which contribute to the silliness, because it subconsciously makes people think that it's somewhat scientific. :)

I almost never post what I score an anime here, because it doesn't mean anything to anyone else. My 7 could be a 9 to someone else, even if we have the same feelings on a series.

I'm seeing double here. Four Noragami original characters!

Jesus this reference never gets old.

Comment of the season.

I'm trying to find Sakurai but there's too many works listed. He doesn't seem to have anything notable for me. Besides Suzaku in Code Geass and the bad guy in Psycho-Pass.

Also what's the brother from Blue Exorcist doing in my Noragami? He's right there on the website.

Jarmel

Banned
Utena 36-

Utena just shrugs off warnings and flags like they're nothing. I honestly can't feel bad for her at this stage.

I can't wait till next episode where she somehow self justifies that last scene.

I don't post my scores here because fuck all of you Psycho-Pass was good I don't care what you say.

That's a valid reason, debaters have used it world wide. Politicians use it on a daily basis.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I almost never post what I score an anime here, because it doesn't mean anything to anyone else. My 7 could be a 9 to someone else, even if we have the same feelings on a series.
Yeah, ultimately it's most useful as a personal record. I can't remember 600+ anime in detail, but I can put down my overall impression and come back to it.

This is similar to why people take notes, write in journals, and so on.

cnet128

Banned
I'm trying to find Sakurai but there's too many works listed. He doesn't seem to have anything notable for me. Besides Suzaku in Code Geass and the bad guy in Psycho-Pass.

Yeah, Suzaku is probably his most notable role. As you say though, he's done tons. My favourite recent role of his was Yasaburou in Uchouten Kazoku.

Also what's the brother from Blue Exorcist doing in my Noragami? He's right there on the website.

Heh, I see the guy you mean, they really do look identical. Both voiced by Fukuyama Jun, as well!

Link Man

Banned
World Conquest Zvezda Plot 4

iNN3N8Dg9laE0.png

Wow, this is an anime series, not a movie? Amazing episode, incredible backstory. This episode shot the series to my most anticipated show at the moment.

And of course,
Plamya has a Kate Hoshimiya plushie.
Lucky girl.

Articalys

Forget it, I'm not even going to be able to finish Monogatari at this rate. So many of you are so utterly terrible at spoiler marking and screenshots that I already had two major twists from late in the series spoiled for me.

There's no fun or enjoyment left for me to keep reading this thread anymore. A majority of the topics and posters now are things and people I dislike, so there's no reason to stick around. I was told to just try to relax and have fun but the way things are now that's going to be impossible for me. Sorry. Well, I'm sure a number of you would rather see me go anyway.

cnet128

Banned
Fuck, I might have to watch Love Live at some point. That's some pretty gorgeous CG dancing.

EDIT: That is CG, right? >.> I've been staring at it for a while, and I'm starting to feel unsure whether it's CG that looks so good it could be 2D, or 2D that looks so good it could be CG @_@

Jarmel

Banned
Utena 39-
Welp.

Last couple of episodes were like taking the crazy train for awhile. Ikuhara really went overboard with the symbolism. This really is a pessimistic view of womanhood in society, I guess.

Also Anthy solidified as best character.

Kwixotik

One of my roommates doesn't usually watch anime, but wants to watch a series to practice his Japanese. I've got the following series:

Samurai X - Trust & Betrayal
Gurren Lagann
Black Lagoon
Berserk
Haibane Renmei
Monster
The Tatami Galaxy

Which should I give him?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
One of my roommates doesn't usually watch anime, but wants to watch a series to practice his Japanese. I've got the following series:

Gurren Lagann
Black Lagoon
Berserk
Haibane Renmei
Monster
The Tatami Galaxy

Which should I give him?

Learning Japanese but not watching anime? Madness.

Trust and Betrayal.

Gbraga

Gurren Lagann
Black Lagoon
Berserk
Haibane Renmei
Monster
The Tatami Galaxy

Which should I give him?

Depends on why he doesn't watch anime. No reason or because he doesn't like stupid bullshit? If the first, then any of those (judging from the ones I know) are great. If he doesn't like stupid bullshit, then Monster would be the best.

Fuck, I might have to watch Love Live at some point. That's some pretty gorgeous CG dancing.

EDIT: That is CG, right? >.> I've been staring at it for a while, and I'm starting to feel unsure whether it's CG that looks so good it could be 2D, or 2D that looks so good it could be CG @_@

I think that's one of the CG shots. They switch between 2D and 3D in the dance parts as far as I could tell.

Midonin

Inari, Kon Kon, Koi Iroha. 04

Cute festival episode. I like seeing Sumizome and Inari growing closer as friends, bonding over manga for their advice on romance. Another nice parallel with Uka and her fascination with otome games. Some of the themes expressed in Gingitsune turn up near the end of the episode, but the one thing I got from this week's story is that Keiko rocks.

Gbraga

Inari, Kon Kon, Koi Iroha. 04

Cute festival episode. I like seeing Sumizome and Inari growing closer as friends, bonding over manga for their advice on romance. Another nice parallel with Uka and her fascination with otome games. Some of the themes expressed in Gingitsune turn up near the end of the episode, but the one thing I got from this week's story is that Keiko rocks.

I really need to start watching this. >_<

Andrew J.

Utena 33-

This was obviously designed to be a suckerpunch but I'm not that surprised.
It's been building towards this for awhile and Utena finally giving it up isn't really that shocking. She's always been a bit of a hypocrite but then, I suppose the whole show can be summed up in that manner. After all, everyone in this school is #thirsty.

Huh, someone else who wasn't freaked the fuck out by this episode. I remember everyone here treating me like a weirdo because my reaction was so muted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom