• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
HeartCatch Precure - 47

NhbPFc9.png

Oooooooh shit!! Major respect points for Cure Blossom for
talking some sense into Yuri to get back in the game
. You're alright Blossom... you're alright. I am loving the fight choreography for these final episodes. Like, these girls are seriously throwing down and the sound effects go so well with each blow that's dealt. It is awwwwwesome!

But yeah, totally saw
Sabaku being Yuri's dad. That shit was just too obvious.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Goddammit Extollere you are gonna get us all banned. Stop Sexualising Precures should be changed into Stop Sexualising Keions just for you.

Hey, don't take your silly fears and insecurities out on me just because you are too prude to handle some mildly suggestive sentences!

Comparing Noriko to Nono is pretty pointless; Noriko's equivalent, Diebuster's real main character, is Lal'c. Put in Enokido terms: Noriko is Haruko (the eternal child), Lal'c is Naota (the child that can't stand being a child but whose main strength is that he/she is a child).

I agree with you on the more apt compassion to Lal'c (Well, I don't think Noriko has an equivalent). But there is little doubt that Nono is still the intended MC of Diebuster.

Defuser

Psycho Pass ep 15

Holy shit, this episode is good. Plenty of victims and victims turn to villains themselves. We're finally gonna see what's going on in the tower scene in ep 1 next week.

Soooo goooooood!!!!

Place your bets people! Who's gonna die? Kagari or Masaoka?

Narag

I agree with you on the more apt compassion to Lal'c (Well, I don't think Noriko has an equivalent). But there is little doubt that Nono is still the intended MC of Diebuster.

She's a false protagonist though. Her role was greatly diminished in episode 5, I think, and almost non-existent in episode 6. It was all about Lal'C coming of age.

Syrinx

I had to cone into work on my day off AGAIN :(

I dont think I will ever have a peaceful week off work.
Have had to work extra every week.
Sooooo exhausted.
Post cute things please.
Any kotoura artwork of her with cat ears?

Do they have some sort of special cajunator pager or something? You've been covering for others a ton lately...

Also, here:

fbLqAGR.png

(shamelessly stolen from Nafe, sorry Nafe, did it for cajun).

Next episode ...Next episode...
SUPAAAA PILOT !!

That was Episode 26 when Woolf died! Yes it was awful!

Oh man you and I are at the same spot now.

Not for long...

Gundam AGE Episode 28 or "We need to protect it." The End of Gen 2.

So let's see why the two main characters are fighting shall we.

Flit: I want to kill all Vegan because revenge. Earth can wait, killing the Vegans are more important to me. Oh do I have a son? Who was he again?
Asemu: I want to protect Romary. Oh and everyone else, can't forget that! Maybe Zeheart if he listens to me for once.

This episode was to tie up the loose end of
What Grodek was saying earlier.
. The only problem is
Grodek deleted all of his data from his magical PDA so Flit wouldn't know. So how did Flit know? X-Rounder Magic? Who knows.

Apart from that, Flit tryed to be Pheonix Wright a couple of times. 3 Vegans died. Asemu painted his Gundam all white for some reason.

This show exists 'for some reason'.

iavi

That's you Miri? I didn't know about the name change. I almost messaged you on Steam about the new Gintama episode. lol

Should have! I was so hyped after finishing that ep, I NEEDED to chat with someone about it

Also, yeah, but it wasn't a wanted name change. I've been trying to get it changed back lol

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hello guys, i'm new to this forum :)
Months ago i started to watch precure series for the first time, and obviously from the start: futari wa precure. I also watched precure movies, last one was the yes! gogo one, cause i'm still finishing yes! precure 5 gogo series...oh i want a serious precure game so bad, like precure musou or something like raging blast or naruto storm.
Right now i'm also watching kotoura-san, tamako market, senran kagura (i already finished 3ds games :D) and boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai NEXT

R_Thanatos is going to be thrilled to finally have another Splash Star fan. Welcome.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Should have! I was so hyped after finishing that ep, I NEEDED to chat with someone about it

Also, yeah, but it wasn't a wanted name change. I've been trying to get it changed back lol

Well, I'm sure there's a story behind that. lol

Are you back, or is this a one time visit?

Cwarrior

Saint Seiya Omega ep40

Great episode,Sonia vs Soma is always worth watching both the character have very Interesting chemistry surprisingly easy to care about there character drama since there likeable, the ending was sweet.

Best episode yet, are they any other episode I should watch? sometimes this anime shows some sparks of sweet goodness.

cajunator

Banned
Do they have some sort of special cajunator pager or something? You've been covering for others a ton lately...

Also, here:

fbLqAGR.png

(shamelessly stolen from Nafe, sorry Nafe, did it for cajun).
Im one of the only reliable dispatchers who will work extra.
i guess that gives me some value and job security but Its also why im tired all the time. Ive had one day off yesterday and I was supposed to be off tuesday morning until next tuesday night.
Thanks for the Minako. I always happily accept pictures of my queen.

That was Episode 26 when Woolf died! Yes it was awful!

Not for long...

Gundam AGE Episode 28 or "We need to protect it." The End of Gen 2.

So let's see why the two main characters are fighting shall we.

Flit: I want to kill all Vegan because revenge. Earth can wait, killing the Vegans are more important to me. Oh do I have a son? Who was he again?
Asemu: I want to protect Romary. Oh and everyone else, can't forget that! Maybe Zeheart if he listens to me for once.

This episode was to tie up the loose end of
What Grodek was saying earlier.
. The only problem is
Grodek deleted all of his data from his magical PDA so Flit wouldn't know. So how did Flit know? X-Rounder Magic? Who knows.

Apart from that, Flit tryed to be Pheonix Wright a couple of times. 3 Vegans died. Asemu painted his Gundam all white for some reason.

This show exists 'for some reason'.
No no no no ..

You just witnessed the practical application of the "SUPPA" atitude.

Ps: Flit
restored the deleted data from grodek phone and used said data to do the things you saw in this episode.
I know it came out of nowhere , but when you're building a gundam at 12 years old, i guess you're not a normal person.
Months ago i started to watch precure series for the first time, and obviously from the start: futari wa precure. I also watched precure movies, last one was the yes! gogo one, cause i'm still finishing yes! precure 5 gogo series...oh i want a serious precure game so bad, like precure musou or something like raging blast or naruto storm.
Right now i'm also watching kotoura-san, tamako market, senran kagura (i already finished 3ds games :D) and boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai NEXT
Welcome !!
There is "street of rage" - like game for the Nintendo Ds that was released for the first DX movie.. it's not bad really.

Glad to see someone that took the same path as me ( watching everything in airing order ).
I do hope you're taking breaks , otherwise it'll be precure overdose.

R_Thanatos is going to be thrilled to finally have another Splash Star fan. Welcome.

i sure am. Once splash star forget about the first serie heritage ( ep 22 ) it just becomes excellent

Theonik

Mirai Nikki 04
Henshin huh? Also best girl is scary. Such a shame best girl can't win :(

Mirai Nikki 05
Power Rangers lol
Also they pull the rape card huh? Really? And hmmm cop sacrifice seems unlikely now. Probably teaming up with bomb lady.

Mirai Nikki 06
Yukki's mom is cute. Shame she probably will die. That confirms my suspicion that those were her parents in that room that were dead. Kid being a diary holder was also predictable.
Should probably stop for now or I'll be bored.

Articalys

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT 4

Oh wow, they really did blaze through all the amusement park chapters in one episode (cutting a fair bit of extra fluff to do so), and it looks like next week will take us through the rest of volume 5. They're stepping up the pace.

Defuser

Haganai ep 4

I KNEW IT! I FUCKING KNEW IT! Yozara is getting just desserts even more. More Team Meat interaction with Kodaka. Misato Fukuen is godly as Rika for this episode.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
HeartCatch Precure - 47

Oooooooh shit!! Major respect points for Cure Blossom for
talking some sense into Yuri to get back in the game
. You're alright Blossom... you're alright. I am loving the fight choreography for these final episodes. Like, these girls are seriously throwing down and the sound effects go so well with each blow that's dealt. It is awwwwwesome!

But yeah, totally saw
Sabaku being Yuri's dad. That shit was just too obvious.
You saw that but not the third Cure's identity? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Welcome to the fold.

Also: fear, AnimeGAF. Fear, for the Precure hordes are here. Growing. Conquering. Destroying.

EDIT: I find it super funny how the Precure Musou joke is taking on.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
HeartCatch Precure - 48

Wow. From
Yuri's dad's sacrifice to Tsubomi's powerful reality check,
to their amazing fight with Dune, I was speechless for the most part. That's all I can say at the moment as I want to get on the next episode asap.

You saw that but not the third Cure's identity? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Shut it you! I didn't want to get my hopes up!! :p

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hell I'll post them anyway. Put on your yuri-goggles!
Stop making fun of true love.
HeartCatch Precure - 48

Wow. From
Yuri's dad's sacrifice to Tsubomi's powerful reality check,
to their amazing fight with Dune, I was speechless for the most part. That's all I can say at the moment as I want to get on the next episode asap.
Best episode in the entire show. Might as well wrap it up. (not really)

Jarmel

Banned
Haganai ep 4

I KNEW IT! I FUCKING KNEW IT! Yozara is getting just desserts even more. More Team Meat interaction with Kodaka. Misato Fukuen is godly as Rika for this episode.

I fucking love how that shit backfired. I actually hope Yozara loses because she does a prank and it goes completely wrong and Kodaka hooks up with another one of the girls.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This onslaught of Precure newbies is making me want to check everything I've missed in order, but that's gonna be difficult considering I want to do a rewatch of Heartcatch while DokiDoki airs, and also the fact that I'm gonna be watching Sailor Moon around the same time.
Welcome !!
There is "street of rage" - like game for the Nintendo Ds that was released for the first DX movie.. it's not bad really.
I've never heard of this. Can I kick arse with Marine?
Mirai Nikki 05
Power Rangers lol
Also they pull the rape card huh? Really? And hmmm cop sacrifice seems unlikely now. Probably teaming up with bomb lady.
It's not Mirai Nikki if it's not offending someone somewhere.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam 27

Not that bad of an episode. Definitely makes Kai a much more human character, and it also shows Gundam AGE that even if you just introduced a character last episode, you can make their passing have impact and meaning in the show if you take the time not to make them horrible, don't make their death pointlessly dramatic, and of course give it meaning within the plot.

Watching Mobile Suit Gundam is like an episode by episode illustration of why Gundam AGE is the worst mecha anime I've ever watched.

Gundam AGE Episode 29 "Don't stop me now!"

So many many years passed by since...whatever happened last episode and now we have a new protagonist! Kio is a kid with Newtype Magic™ or X Rounder Magic™ whatever you prefer, who is the spawn of Asemu and Romary.

Flit is still the same loving, caring person you've always known him as.
In that he doesn't care about anyone as long as they can kill Vegans.
As a birthday present to his grandson he got him an 'MS Battle Simulator' because
eventually the Gundam AGE-3 would be exactly the same as it.
he's a nice caring person!

Oh and the Vegans have infiltrated the Earth and are invading! Shocker! Luckily the Gundam AGE-3 is here the best mobile suit ever made
that is looks like ZZ Gundam but is insulting to the ZZ Gundam
in any Gundam series.

Also Zeheart has this new mobile suit too it
is a weird fusion of the Deathscythe Hell Gundam, a Gelgoog and one of the Vegan's mobile suits. Their lack of creativity
is amazing!

I love
taking the mickey out of
this show.

Kagami

Got in some Kokoro Connect stuff.

BD volumes 1-4

iD12EKKH6w1Aj.jpg

It comes with an artbox every two volumes. I've seen six-volume series come with two three-volume boxes before, but this is the first time I've seen all the way down to two per box. I think full-series boxes are probably more useful, but this does provide a lot of surfaces to put artwork on.
Incidentally, if you buy the whole thing at HMV, they're giving out an artbox that holds "all the volumes," which has me wondering if it's sized to hold just the individual volumes themselves (leaving you with empty two-volume boxes to store somewhere) or if it holds these two-volume boxes as well, which would make it an artbox containing artboxes containing art-slipcases containing digipacks.

Flip sides:
http://i5.minus.com/iQ9CJKoVRLcDb.jpg

Underneath the slipcases, the digipacks have cover art by CUTEG, who's handling the comicalization for Kokoro Connect.

ibugjGNAElUP4M.JPG

The BD itself has the same illustration as the digipack, and has audio commentary and textless OP/ED.
The CD on the left has the soundtrack and the full version of the ending song to the story arc, and other volumes also have drama CDs.
The booklets have the usual character info, background art, staff interviews, etc.

ivh8L6y0EFy8e.JPG
i1x9TCOKCneV1.JPG

PSP game LE and a shopping bag from Tora no Ana

ibkKCQK1NFNYid.JPG

ibnLfodjwNINaD.JPG

The box is flimsy compared to the last thing of this nature I got.
Comes with a soundtrack, drama CD, vinyl book covers (two sizes), a PSN download code for PSP themes and a DLC extra story (that should just be on the disc in the first place), and a book titled Visual Memory, which sadly has nothing to do with Dreamcasts.

iblOn4NJ2xQAq9.JPG
ikwz5oCszuAtE.JPG
iftr9fzWR8FvK.JPG

Visual Memory - game art, interviews, etc.

ibvhVMS4Sz2CgO.JPG

Little sister route?

irDKwDdSS4Hax.JPG

Aoki getting NTRed
I hope.

iYoxjiD2MoLJ2.JPG

We :sdburton now.

And finally,
Kokoro Connect doujinshi
Image is censored but probably still NSFW: http://i2.minus.com/i8ZMNpJdEFKPl.jpg
These should help fill in the gaps for anything the game fails to deliver.

cajunator

Banned
Got in some Kokoro Connect stuff.

BD volumes 1-4

iD12EKKH6w1Aj.jpg

It comes with an artbox every two volumes. I've seen six-volume series come with two three-volume boxes before, but this is the first time I've seen all the way down to two per box. I think full-series boxes are probably more useful, but this does provide a lot of surfaces to put artwork on.
Incidentally, if you buy the whole thing at HMV, they're giving out an artbox that holds "all the volumes," which has me wondering if it's sized to hold just the individual volumes themselves (leaving you with empty two-volume boxes to store somewhere) or if it holds these two-volume boxes as well, which would make it an artbox containing artboxes containing art-slipcases containing digipacks.

Flip sides:
http://i5.minus.com/iQ9CJKoVRLcDb.jpg

Underneath the slipcases, the digipacks have cover art by CUTEG, who's handling the comicalization for Kokoro Connect.

ibugjGNAElUP4M.JPG

The BD itself has the same illustration as the digipack, and has audio commentary and textless OP/ED.
The CD on the left has the soundtrack and the full version of the ending song to the story arc, and other volumes also have drama CDs.
The booklets have the usual character info, background art, staff interviews, etc.

ivh8L6y0EFy8e.JPG
i1x9TCOKCneV1.JPG

PSP game LE and a shopping bag from Tora no Ana

ibkKCQK1NFNYid.JPG

ibnLfodjwNINaD.JPG

The box is flimsy compared to the last thing of this nature I got.
Comes with a soundtrack, drama CD, vinyl book covers (two sizes), a PSN download code for PSP themes and a DLC extra story (that should just be on the disc in the first place), and a book titled Visual Memory, which sadly has nothing to do with Dreamcasts.

iblOn4NJ2xQAq9.JPG
ikwz5oCszuAtE.JPG
iftr9fzWR8FvK.JPG

Visual Memory - game art, interviews, etc.

ibvhVMS4Sz2CgO.JPG

Little sister route?

irDKwDdSS4Hax.JPG

Aoki getting NTRed
I hope.

iYoxjiD2MoLJ2.JPG

We :sdburton now.

And finally,
Kokoro Connect doujinshi
Image is censored but probably still NSFW: http://i2.minus.com/i8ZMNpJdEFKPl.jpg
These should help fill in the gaps for anything the game fails to deliver.

Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong country. All that swag Ill never have, if anyone even licenses the show at all. Fuck you Us anime industry.

7Th

I dunno; Lal'c is pretty much the "stock" Enokido protagonist. She has lots in common with Naota and the girly guy from MoO.

Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong country. All that swag Ill never have, if anyone even licenses the show at all. Fuck you Us anime industry.
I didnt think many people in the US bought any dvds or blu rays that even came with extras anyway so its probably not even that many people interested (Well I guess Id do a twilight super set and stuff, and I know people got those harry potter sets that had tons of stuff, and there was that jurassic park set and etc).

I didnt know Kokoro Connect came with all that stuff, perhaps thats why it didnt sell boatloads...

Though my eyes at those doujins /////

duckroll

Psycho-Pass - Episode 15

6sd8gkj.jpg

That's what I've been saying all along...

Pretty great episode, all things considered. The series sure has turned around once they stopped trying to make anyone care for the characters. Just showing the characters do stuff which are fun and exciting is way better, even if we don't care about them, at least it's entertaining.

Art's still ugly. Everything still looks flat. The colors are terrible. Oh wait I could have just summed all that up by saying "it's still Psycho-Pass". Lolol. At least shit has finally hit the fan now, so there's something to look forward to every week. I lol'd hard when Makishima started name dropping scifi authors like he was some amazing genius. Truly amazing writing there Butch. Maybe you should stick to writing about loli-monsters and ancient kings instead. :p

It's funny how half the series tried to be some sort of bad character drama when it was really unnecessary. In the end, what it came down to is - making a scifi action thriller where things go to shit, stuff explodes, and cops are pointing guns at criminals, etc can be really entertaining. Wasting time on trying to "build stuff up" when the writing was so poor was really a total pain. This should have been a 1-cour series of 13 episodes or so, and this should have been episode 9 or something. Lulz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom