• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
55091akdf4.jpg

It must be something if I forget that there's a Yuri in Tales of Vesperia.

Beats

So, um what are the chances that some other company licenses Penguin Drum later on and releases a blu ray with better image quality? I just saw the screencaps and I'm not sure if I should get it anymore.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So, um what are the chances that some other company licenses Penguin Drum later on and releases a blu ray with better image quality? I just saw the screencaps and I'm not sure if I should get it anymore.
I'm just glad anybody even licenced it in the first place.

cajunator

Banned
Beta versions are in better working order than alphas. I of course consider myself along the lines of a Version 1.something+ male.

yz1h2j6.jpg

Something from the Fat Duck.

I love when Mahoro did all her anti-ecchi messages. so cute.

Perhaps IS was fueled by the power of Charles :p. Seriously, I don't follow sales and such as closely as some people do but some of these things are just head-scratchers from my perspective as well.

It kind of was, but there was probably more to it selling than just Charles. It was haremshit with mecha parts. Sort of.

Been listening to a bunch of the 2nd cour Nichijou EDs, and man, Green Green is so good.

Yes the nichijou music is fine, but stay away from the show called Green Green.

Economy of scale - BD is a lot more expensive to master and manufacture than DVDs are, and they still have a comparatively smaller market share here. The UK is so much smaller than the US merely in terms of population that it makes it really difficult to make the numbers work for BD here compared to the US.

It'd be less of an issue if they could just ship some disks over from the US or Australia for resale, paying the US/AUS distributor for the stock, but UK law requires the actual media that the content is stored on (as in, the disk) to feature the BBFC rating for the title to be printed on it. Kaze (who are actually producing PenguinDrum for the UK) can often get away with it because they produce disks for great chunks of Europe at the same time, but most non-UK distributors aren't keen on putting the BBFC logo on their disks (particularly when the rating may not be determined at the point they release).

Basically, it's easier to get even marginal titles to financially work in the US because the consumer base is simply larger. This isn't true for the UK, and even with the recent cuts in minimum quantity orders Manga recently got, it's a very sketchy proposition to release a BD for a show where you aren't pretty sure of selling a lot of copies.

(The likely collapse of HMV over here really isn't helping with this, either...)

You know whats funny? Fractale has blurays in the Us.
A bunch of shows that sold better have only DVD or notl icensed at all but we can get a nice bluray set of Fractale. so this whole theory kind of goes to shit then.

How, oh how, did I miss that PingDrum is DVD only in the UK?

-_- -_-

Every time I want to actually buy anime on disc these days, it's DVD only. Why can't I like popular mainstream shows :( I guess it wasn't so bad in the old DVD days because nothing worth buying came out in the UK (or if it did it was millennia after the States) so I could just import and be done with it, but now...

-_-

Ah well, guess I'll just have to pick up the US sets and only watch them on my PC for now. Still, so depressing.

The whole global disc market is in shambles. Its a terrible way to distribute anything.

Spring Mecha Showdown:

http://i.imgur.com/XEfqmmQ.jpg[/MG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/03GsGrX.jpg[/IM]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/I4FlgN3.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

I think MJP > Valvrave > Gargantia. Gargantia has the least good cast of the bunch, while MJP seems the funniest and Valvrave has the best music and most likely rivalry of the two leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom