• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Not even sure why you are in a hurry to move onto the next OT. Are you just waiting for everyone to hate on your next OT again?

Well, I was originally trying to get us to OT4 but then I realized it's impossible this season considering how long this OT took to finish. Not anymore though.

Steroyd

Lesbians exist. Yuri doesn't. lol

fHDtCGj.gif

dokidoki precure 3

Did the people that made the last few stock footage stuff leave the show? Diamond's henshin and attack is soooo plain.

The henshin music is growing on me a bit though.

I'm really digging the selfish designs for some reason. So silly.

Jintor

It's what happens when you have mandatory certification for video content, and it's presumably there for those occasions when something is being sold (or more likely, resold) without it's original packaging.

It's pretty annoying for everyone involved, at least in terms of the UK anime industry. If it wasn't there, there's a fair chance we'd be far nearer parity in terms of releases with Australia - as things stand, it's pretty common for Manga to share mastering costs with Aus distributors when it comes to titles that they both have licenses to, and it's pretty common for the other companies who distribute over here to buy Aus masters for their releases post-fact. The only way MVM got Broken Blade out on BD over here is because they actually managed to convince the Aus distro to put the BBFC logo on the disk as in that case it was particularly beneficial for both parties to share the costs on that, and the disks available over here were physically shipped over from Australia.

Generally, though, it ends up being the case that, whilst they save on remastering costs, the UK distributor has to do a completely separate print run purely for over here, and that gets problematic when you start to figure in minimum print runs. Coupled with the actual expense of submitting titles to the BBFC for certification (which can be expensive, particularly for the quantities that anime typically sells), that can be enough to take anime releases out of being realistically profitable.

Digi, why do you know all this industry stuff anyway?

Mature

Praise for Frontier, actually. I know many disagree with me, but I think the CG in Frontier is genuinely very good - it's used sensibly and dynamically and the space battles are genuinely thrilling. It's not as good as the CG in Code Geass Akito, but then it's four years older than that.

For me, I only really dislike CG when it's poorly integrated. This is why the CG in From The New World, for instance, is so jarring, because it looks totally out of place - it's also why I don't like the CG in Vividred Operation this season, because from shot to shot the girls change from 2D to CG and it looks stupid and obvious. Valvrave's CG looks surprisingly well handled - the robot moves like a 2D robot but rendered in CG, rather than a super smooth CG model plonked in a limited framerate 2D world. It's just unfortunate that so many studios still don't understand how to do this right IMO :(
That being said, CG aside, how do you feel about Macross Frontier?

Jintor

AnimeGAF doesn't want OT -6.

Clearly EvilLore should recode it so double posts are automatically merged

After the end of the first cour, each ED song is different.

Which is kind of a shame, because Zzz is one of the best ED songs ever.

I thought each ed of Nichijou was different, seemed like lots of cultural songs (is it ten eds?) I know my favorite was used for only like two episodes.

Oh shit lol thought we were talking about Toradora for some reason

Steins;Gate 3-12 (dubwatch rewatch)

12 was an odd place to end the set, felt sorry for people who had to wait on this, still probably the most intense episode of the whole anime.

Some of darus lines are great. "theyre the otp in the fanfic of my life"

duckroll

Praise for Frontier, actually. I know many disagree with me, but I think the CG in Frontier is genuinely very good - it's used sensibly and dynamically and the space battles are genuinely thrilling. It's not as good as the CG in Code Geass Akito, but then it's four years older than that.

The CG in Frontier and Akito are both by Orange! They're also doing the CG in Majestic Prince! In fact, they actually got equal billing along with Doga Kobo for the Animation Production credit in Majestic Prince!

I don't think we know which studio is doing the CG for Valvrave yet.

BluWacky

That being said, CG aside, how do you feel about Macross Frontier?

Honestly? I enjoyed it. A lot.

Maybe that's not "popular" or "right", but I had a lot of fun with the show. It's very over-the-top, the plot gets a bit stupid, and I would have preferred Alto to have been a more fleshed-out protagonist, but it had fantastic production design, loads and LOADS of Yoko Kanno music and songs, and I liked both Sheryl and Ranka.

But then I loved Macross Zero, so my taste in these matters may be a little suspect.

I still haven't seen Macross Plus, I'm sorry world.

duckroll said:
The CG in Frontier and Akito are both by Orange! They're also doing the CG in Majestic Prince! In fact, they actually got equal billing along with Doga Kobo for the Animation Production credit in Majestic Prince!

Oh, sweet! Fingers crossed they get it right :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I honestly thought Regulus Tera last post was by Kayos before I looked at the avatar.

You're surprised SDBurton has an :sdburton avatar and DTL has a :DTL avatar?

Narag

Gundam AGE 18

wpujNPkl.png

lKpWZ6Ul.png

cKncgKal.jpg

This was really evident with the Titus and Spallow introductions but the mech combat in this has this strangely organic (live action?) vibe to it. Action choreography seems more befitting of humans than mecha.

I half wonder if Flit is using Asemu & the Gundam as bait for his personal war.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
...it had different EDs? I thought there was only a 1st cour and 2nd cour switch :|

Oh shit lol thought we were talking about Toradora for some reason

:looooool, man, Toradora really got to us, huh?

I thought each ed of Nichijou was different, seemed like lots of cultural songs (is it ten eds?) I know my favorite was used for only like two episodes.

:brofist

Green Green is awesome.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Everyone who isn't posting gifs.

But I'm still working on my Puchimas gif. But since I need to go to bed I guess it'll have to wait for the next thread.

As I said earlier, the time it takes to erase the background in each frame isn't worth it, but I must do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom